PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I've never played x-com... have RSI in my wrists and video games aggravates it, which takes away time I can work and do RPGs so I don't play video games anymore

That’s a shame, but X-Com is a turn-based strategy game that has something of a reputation for being fairly lethal. Basically, you have a customizable squad of soldiers that you send on missions and it’s not terribly unusual to lose soldiers that you’ve become attached to.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:50 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Read your sheet, interesting thing about the jedi utility belt... all the gear on it comes for ZERO enc, you can uncheck carry the gear in ogg dude's generator it'll still be on your sheet but your enc will drop. What's the RAW on healing trance (I'm m away from book) and what kind of house rule were you wanting.

That is indeed interesting to hear about the Jedi utility belt! I'm happy to hear that, as I felt that my encumbrance was getting rather high. As it stands, I only checked the equip box for the Physician's Kit so that the correct modifiers would appear for the Medicine skill (+1 boost, and +1 advantage on successful Medicine check). The kit is usually in the backpack, leaving Mireska's hands free until she needs to use it.

As for the healing trance, you can read some of my thoughts/complaints here on this thread:

Basically, I support the "lying still, not doing anything else" version of the Jedi healing trance trope instead of the FFG RAW "running around and having multiple combat encounters yet still healing yourself" version. (Saga Edition also allowed 4 hours of trance to give the equivalent rest of a full night's sleep, and stated that the trance allowed the Force-user to go without food or water for ten times the normal period. In Legends material this ability allowed Luke to travel long periods and great distances in his starfighter despite not having lots of consumables on board.) Otherwise I'll just avoid those talents on the Healer tree (3 plus an Improved talent which gives a chance to heal a Critical Injury). The Mystic's Magus tree - not one of my spec plans - also has two HT talents.

Edited by Bellona
Correcting a typo.
7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

You'll each have a 6 trooper squad backing you up, when you're in the squad you or they get one action (e.g. lightsaber or ranged attack) and you get to decide who takes the hit (each hit that you direct to the squad kills 1 trooper). Or you can treat them as a separate minion group that you control

I guess that in a gunfight I'm better off letting them shoot. :) And will I need to deal with their character sheet/stats myself, or will you do that as GM?

Also, are the rules for squads in a particular book, so that I can brush up on them? I will also have to look at the GM chapter in FaD, as I've only ever been a player in our tabletop SW games (which is why I haven't delved deeply into the mechanics of how various sorts of NPCs work).

Minion names ... I call dibs on CT-1313, a.k.a. Jinx (or is that an established NPC?)

34 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I guess that in a gunfight I'm better off letting them shoot. :) And will I need to deal with their character sheet/stats myself, or will you do that as GM?

Also, are the rules for squads in a particular book, so that I can brush up on them? I will also have to look at the GM chapter in FaD, as I've only ever been a player in our tabletop SW games (which is why I haven't delved deeply into the mechanics of how various sorts of NPCs work).

Minion names ... I call dibs on CT-1313, a.k.a. Jinx (or is that an established NPC?)

Squad rules appear in rise of separatist.

I've updated the other notes on my swsheet with ideas for campaign, let me know what you think. I've tried to keep it simple.

Not quite done yet, but it’s getting there. I havent deducted any credits for the gear I’ve equipped yet either.

http://swsheets.com/c/pggzmiw4s-ct-6987-%E2--wrai

edit: Weird. I had to use the insert link button. Can’t say I’ve ever had to use that before. Wouldn't paste otherwise.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor
Forum weirdness
6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Thank you for the help!

I won't get my hands on RotSep and CotR before early August (at the earliest).

@EliasWindrider : When it's convenient (I know that now is stress time for your family!), please let me know if you need more side-story ideas for Mireska, and how much more detail is needed.

Also, do you want the MediaFire version of the character sheet updated with the new encumbrance? (Otherwise I'll wait until there are more substantial changes to the character, like new skill ranks or talents.)

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Also in the age of rebellion GM kit (adventure that comes with the GM screen)

12 hours ago, Bellona said:

You'll track/control your minion group, I'll give you base stats for a clone trooper. If you're not squad'ed up you both get actions. But then you don't get to decide who takes the hit.

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider : When it's convenient (I know that now is stress time for your family!), please let me know if you need more side-story ideas for Mireska, and how much more detail is needed.

Also, do you want the MediaFire version of the character sheet updated with the new encumbrance? (Otherwise I'll wait until there are more substantial changes to the character, like new skill ranks or talents.)

What character growth (narrative/story not mechanics) do you want for your character over the course of the campaign.

10 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Not quite done yet, but it’s getting there. I havent deducted any credits for the gear I’ve equipped yet either.

http://swsheets.com/c/pggzmiw4s-ct-6987-%E2--wrai

edit: Weird. I had to use the insert link button. Can’t say I’ve ever had to use that before. Wouldn't paste otherwise.

If you start with a 3 in willpower instead of increasing it to 3 with a dedication you'll get an extra point of strain threshold. I'm assuming the deadly accuracy is in ranged heavy, is that correct?

And since you're playing a clone officer why don't you take a second squad of 6 minion troopers. One more advantage of playing a clone is you can "respawn" your character with the same stats if he die's... just gotta change serial number and name.

This next sentence is for all players, If a mission calls for it you and your clones will be issued mission appropriate gear.

Edited by EliasWindrider
5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you start with a 3 in willpower instead of increasing it to 3 with a dedication you'll get an extra point of strain threshold.

I think I messed that up. I will indeed make that change.

2 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

I think I messed that up. I will indeed make that change.

Agility or presence should start at 2 because starting brawn 3 gives you an extra point of wound threshold

28 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you start with a 3 in willpower instead of increasing it to 3 with a dedication you'll get an extra point of strain threshold. I'm assuming the deadly accuracy is in ranged heavy, is that correct?

And since you're playing a clone officer why don't you take a second squad of 6 minion troopers. One more advantage of playing a clone is you can "respawn" your character with the same stats if he die's... just gotta change serial number and name.

This next sentence is for all players, If a mission calls for it you and your clones will be issued mission appropriate gear.

And yes, Ranged Heavy it is.

edit: 2nd squad added.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Agility or presence should start at 2 because starting brawn 3 gives you an extra point of wound threshold

Already started at Brawn 3. Pretty sure I calculated that into the threshold. Hold on, let me recalculate that.

Edit: It would appear I did err. Good lord my mathing is pretty bad right now.

2 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

And yes, Ranged Heavy it is.

Can you roll that into your DC 15a ranged attack stat line (12 instead of 9 damage)

Edited by EliasWindrider
6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you roll that into your DC 15a ranged attack stat line (12 instead of 9 damage)

I’ll do that once I finalize how many skill ranks I’m going with there.

Just now, AnomalousAuthor said:

I’ll do that once I finalize how many skill ranks I’m going with there.

Ok, kind of figured with the unspent 155xp

12 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I've updated the other notes on my swsheet with ideas for campaign, let me know what you think. I've tried to keep it simple.

Campaign ideas:
Ker'see has been drafted into the conflict. It's another mission right? She's been following orders for years how is war going to be different? Things have changed because she can no longer act alone, she has to consider the wider war effort and a lot of civilians come into play. Ker'see has never really had to deal with such things before and it is going to be affect her judgement. People are going to be getting in the way and she might not always be able to make the easy shot. Suddenly the mission is getting more complicated and she can't always follow the code, she's having to bend to suit the greater goal and how can she? She never had to before, she's not coping well with it.

Then they give her a squad and suddenly she has to be responsible for others!

Ker'see is going to have to make decisions along the path. Pursue the target or save the people? Does the mission come first or does her squad need her more?

Below this is not a quote stupid mobile interaction with website

this a great start, tells me the situations to put your character in, how do you want it to turn out are you looking for a fall or fall & redemption story, do you want to stay grey, do you want to become a lightside paragon eventually? Can you detail the type of relationship(s) you want with your squad members (deep and personal, or as a player do you want them to be disposable, do you want to roleplay grief when she loses one, are any of your squad more narratively important than the others)

Edited by EliasWindrider

I think Ker'see would likely fall but this could change depending on events. The squad...she would be distant at first but would get closer as she recognises their skill.

5 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

I think Ker'see would likely fall but this could change depending on events. The squad...she would be distant at first but would get closer as she recognises their skill.

What do you WANT to happen.

Clone minion stats from page 138 of RotS.

Br3, Ag3, int2, cun2, wil3, pre1

Soak 5, wt 5, def 0/0

Group skills athletics, brawl, discipline, ranged heavy, vigilance

Abilities: clone inhibitor chip (so long as the proper chain of command is observed, upgrade the ability of leadership checks targeting a clone trooper once.)

Equipment

DC 15 blaster rifle (ranged heavy, damage 10, critical 3, range long, pierce 1, stun setting

2 frag grenades (ranged light, damage 8, critical 4, range short, blast 6, limited ammo 1),

phase 1 clone trooper armor (+2 soak),

utility belt

Extra reload

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor one of your squads can have 1 fewer minions and 1 clone sergeant (your second in command, stats on page 138 of riots, if you need me to post stats I will

9 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor one of your squads can have 1 fewer minions and 1 clone sergeant (your second in command, stats on page 138 of riots, if you need me to post stats I will

Sounds good. And, no need to post them. I got my book right here.