PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Btw I'm delta-ing away from the clone wars cgi series (reordered to be chronological).

The battle of Christophsis is what we'll do after the battle of genosis

At moment i am looking for details from before geonosis.

Like Obiwan goes to kamino then goes to.geonosis and makes a call...what was Obiwans padawan doing.

Were there any backroom deals or such i could be investigating regarding sidiouses plans or something

Edited by Daeglan
15 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Like Obiwan goes to kamino then goes to.geonosis and makes a call...what was Obiwans padawan doing.

Were there any backroom deals or such i could be investigating regarding sidiouses plans or something

Isn’t his padawan dead?

28 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Already said that obiwan's padawan took the saber dart jango fired at bail Organo (so dead and obiwan's head isn't in a good place)

You would be aware of "sidious" being Maul's master but aren't aware of his involvement with the trade federation in naboo (the working assumption is that maul was hunting/target of opportunity jedi on tatooine. No one knows about the clone army at this point

Edited by EliasWindrider

Btw I am going to be using my own stats for ventress etc.

52 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Already said that obiwan's padawan took the saber dart jango fired at bail Organo (so dead and obiwan's head isn't in a good place)

You would be aware of "sidious" being Maul's master but aren't aware of his involvement with the trade federation in naboo (the working assumption is that maul was hunting/target of opportunity jedi on tatooine. No one knows about the clone army at this point

Can i be doing grunt investigation on that? Maybe be working various puzzle pieces? Maybe throw me a few un connected pieces tide sidious but not how they fit ?

Like maybe some of the destinations in the infiltrators log. Others clues from his ship

Edited by Daeglan
9 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Can i be doing grunt investigation on that? Maybe be working various puzzle pieces? Maybe throw me a few un connected pieces tide sidious but not how they fit ?

Like maybe some of the destinations in the infiltrators log. Others clues from his ship

I read maul's entry on wookieepedia up to the battle of naboo and didn't find anything appropriate, so I'll have gone with my original plan of having the ships logs auto erase because kenobi didn't enter the secret code to prevent that when he left tatooine. Which leaves figuring out who made the ship, who made the probe droids and who made the speeder bike. Not sure I'm going to have that lead anywhere.

49 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I read maul's entry on wookieepedia up to the battle of naboo and didn't find anything appropriate, so I'll have gone with my original plan of having the ships logs auto erase because kenobi didn't enter the secret code to prevent that when he left tatooine. Which leaves figuring out who made the ship, who made the probe droids and who made the speeder bike. Not sure I'm going to have that lead anywhere.

Raith Seinar did the ship at least he did in approaching storm. . Check out approaching storm. There are probably story ideas you can appropriate. Since we have left canon. You can steal ideas from anything :).

The trouble with Legends is half the ideas are good. And half are terrible

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Raith Seinar did the ship at least he did in approaching storm. . Check out approaching storm. There are probably story ideas you can appropriate. Since we have left canon. You can steal ideas from anything :).

I don't have time to read a novel as background prep for this campaign. The reason it's play by post is lower time commitment (rate is lower spread over more time). My daughter is going to be born any day now, I have an almost 2 year old son who I need to not cut time from so he doesn't get jealous of his baby sister, I can't neglect my wife and I've got a full time job.

Edited by EliasWindrider
46 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I don't have time to read a novel as background prep for this campaign. The reason it's play by post is lower time commitment (rate is lower spread over more time). My daughter is going to be born any day now, I have an almost 2 year old son who I need to not cut time from so he doesn't get jealous of his baby sister, I can't neglect my wife and I've got a full time job.

That is why i use audible

:)

allows commute t im me.to be "read" time. Plus commutes suck less when itnis star wars time

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

That is why i use audible

:)

allows commute t im me.to be "read" time. Plus commutes suck less when itnis star wars time

I have attention deficit disorder and don't play the radio while driving because it's distracting.

55 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I have attention deficit disorder and don't play the radio while driving because it's distracting.

Well can you at least give me something to work with for my background? Because you have basically shot down every idea i have floated.

Edited by Daeglan
1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

Well can you at least give me something to work with for my background? Because you have basically shot down every idea i have floated.

Backgrounds are intended to provide hooks for the GM not required additional work on the part of the GM. And I didn't shoot down your investigation of where maul's equipment came from I just didn't promise it would lead anywhere. If you would start working on what you want your campaign spanning character growth story arc I should have plenty of hooks to work with.

Edit: The amount of money I am willing to spend to support a special backstory is zero, and the amount of time I am willing to spend is reading a few wookieepedia pages. Try keeping special requests within those constraints and we should be good.

Edited by EliasWindrider

I've updated the xp and added an animal to my character, I'll sort equipment and background when I have a bit more time, hopefully Monday.

11 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I've updated the xp and added an animal to my character, I'll sort equipment and background when I have a bit more time, hopefully Monday.

Thanks. I'll take a look hopefully tonight.

59 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Backgrounds are intended to provide hooks for the GM not required additional work on the part of the GM. And I didn't shoot down your investigation of where maul's equipment came from I just didn't promise it would lead anywhere. If you would start working on what you want your campaign spanning character growth story arc I should have plenty of hooks to work with.

Edit: The amount of money I am willing to spend to support a special backstory is zero, and the amount of time I am willing to spend is reading a few wookieepedia pages. Try keeping special requests within those constraints and we should be good.

I understand that. But when you shoot down ideas you make more work for yourself by basically leaving me saying fine what will you allow. Which is where we are now. Since i have tried to come up with ideas. Things my character could be persuing(basically a hook you could use.) When you say and idea is unlikely to lead anywhere you have basically said no in not so many words. Since why bother building in a background item the gm has already said no to it leading anywhere.

So i am left with what will you allow in the direction i was trying to build.

Edited by Daeglan
26 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I understand that. But when you shoot down ideas you make more work for yourself by basically leaving me saying fine what will you allow. Which is where we are now. Since i have tried to come up with ideas. Things my character could be persuing(basically a hook you could use.) When you say and idea is unlikely to lead anywhere you have basically said no in not so many words. Since why bother building in a background item the gm has already said no to it leading anywhere.

So i am left with what will you allow in the direction i was trying to build.

The point of background is flavor and hooks. It's what happened before the story starts. What I'd really like and have been repeatedly asking for is for you and all players to sketch out their campaign spanning character growth story arc (with named individuals and others hooks) so I can weave that into the fabric of my "already planned" adventures, which I haven't spelled out but I am seriously ripping off the clone wars cgi series so that should give some very strong hints. Wat you've been asking for so far is for me to make up several adventures that focus on your character (that I'd somehow have to work the other characters into or run a solo game for you, the later of which I'm not going to do) and either make up the details from whole cloth or read a novel to get inspiration (which I'm not inclined to do.) And just because the investigation may or may not go anywhere doesn't mean that you attempting it won't have given me names/places/reputation-for-your character that I can't work into the storyline, so it's still worthwhile even if it doesn't let you single handedly catch palpatine red handed.

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The point of background is flavor and hooks. It's what happened before the story starts. What I'd really like and have been repeatedly asking for is for you and all players to sketch out their campaign spanning character growth story arc (with named individuals and others hooks) so I can weave that into the fabric of my "already planned" adventures, which I haven't spelled out but I am seriously ripping off the clone wars cgi series so that should give some very strong hints. Wat you've been asking for so far is for me to make up several adventures that focus on your character (that I'd somehow have to work the other characters into or run a solo game for you, the later of which I'm not going to do) and either make up the details from whole cloth or read a novel to get inspiration (which I'm not inclined to do.) And just because the investigation may or may not go anywhere doesn't mean that you attempting it won't have given me names/places/reputation-for-your character that I can't work into the storyline, so it's still worthwhile even if it doesn't let you single handedly catch palpatine red handed.

Here is the problem. You have shifted the past. And i didnt necessarily expect to succeed. But when you basically say dont bother it wont lead anywhere you have shut down the line of thinking. And i never asked for special adventures. I asked for possible clues my character could be pursuing. Which you could tie into existing adventures. You dont even need.to define what the clues are now. I have been trying to work with you. Not against you.

You have been saying no too much instead of working with me. You have idea where you want the story to go. Work with me to fit what.i want intonypur story

Edited by Daeglan
28 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Here is the problem. You have shifted the past. And i didnt necessarily expect to succeed. But when you basically say dont bother it wont lead anywhere you have shut down the line of thinking. And i never asked for special adventures. I asked for possible clues my character could rabe pursuing. Which you could tie into existing adventures. You dont even need.to define what the clues are now. I have been trying to work with you. Not against you.

I don't have any ideas about how to fit an investigation into maul's ship => Darth sidious' identity into a war zone mission, I do know how to run investigations as on their own investigations, and I do know how to work in characters/events/interaction in a backstory into npc PC relations. To my knowledge sienar's shipyards (though I haven't gone through every battle yet, and I haven't tracked down the probe droids or speeder either) were never part of a war zone. So asking for a connection from maul's ship to sidious==palpatine seems very much like one or more standalone investigation adventures, which I'm not prepared to do at this point. If you want to sort through wookieepedia to find a, and this is key, TENUOUS (as in likely to have been missed in the original timeline) link to palpatine from maul's ship and lay it out for me then it's back on the table.

Edited by EliasWindrider

I am not asking for the clues to necessarily be from Mauls ship. Are you telling me that for 10 years the Jedi have done NOTHING into looking into the Clues from Darth Mauls body and ship? No one has made any progress that would lead to more lead that could be investigated that my character might be tasked with looking into? Look at my first question. It does not need to be from mauls ship. I asked to have some clues. You have basically said no. And I want work with you to have some. The clues dont have to come from Maul's ship. they could come from the walking holo projector. they could come from things Nute Gunray said. They could be from Mauls comlink. They could come from a datapad Maul had.They could come from you not deciding to erase the ships log of Mauls ship and have some of the planets in that log point to locations you plan on having us go to for missions.

Try not saying no to ideas and instead try and steer my ideas in ways that are helpful to you. Because that is what I am trying to do. I am trying to work a background that is both interesting to me and helpful to you. But I can only do that if you work with me.

Edited by Daeglan

They dont even need to lead to palpatine. it is clear there was a conspiracy of many individuals all of whom were having their greed and lust for power manipulated by Palpatine. Clues to that manipulation could be a thing. Clues to that tangled web could be a thing.

Look at what your first set of adventures. Consider what in those adventures might have been manipulated by the conspiracy behind the war. consider what clues my character might have that could possibly tie into that that i might be able to piece together. Feed those clues to me as we go along. I dont need them now. just pass me a note that says you have x in your datapad that you might find more out about on this mission.

Edited by Daeglan

Broadening the search parameters make something possible, but I've spent several hours today following wookieepedia links to try to find something and have come up empty, if you could find me some wookieepedia pages describing a connection you want your character to establish that would be helpful

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Broadening the search parameters make something possible, but I've spent several hours today following wookieepedia links to try to find something and have come up empty, if you could find me some wookieepedia pages describing a connection you want your character to establish that would be helpful

Well we know he is manipulating the trade federation directly. We know he is manipulating grievous directly. We know he is manipulating dooku directly. We know dooku is running the separatist council.

It is ultimately your world. You can create any connections you want. There is also Jangos ship. There are all the computer logs on geonosis that could have clues. It is supposed to be a mystery to solve. I cant solve the mystery if i am the one writing it. And i am pretty sure all of these connections are a blank slate. But consider people like Tarkin, Raith Seinar, Yolarin and other major players are working with Palpatine to improve their position power money influence and the same can be said for the Separatists Sidious is manipulating.

Really this is a web you have complete freedom to build. And you can build it in a way that serves your story. On Christophses there is the guy Obi Wan was "Negotiating surrender" with. Tie him into the web of your choosing that leads wherever we go next. There is the inhibiter chips in the clones. I could possibly have found out about them during investigating the clones. Also i am sure there are records on Kamino. The clones were ordered. The inhibitor chip is in the spec. Someone put that in the spec. Someone chose Jango. Someone chose the clone trainers. Treat it like any other mystery. All the major players like Kuat, Seinar, Roth Heavy industries, the Commerce guild, the trade federation, the banking clan, the techno union, geonosians, every major player is being manipulated. There manipulation is going to leave traces of some sort. Comlogs, cut outs. Dead drops. Messegers, droid messengers. So on.

And while Sidious is careful. Not everyone he is manipulating is going to be.