What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

I'm still mad about no TIE/rb.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:07 AM, Odanan said:

It can't be longer than 2 weeks now for the next announcements, right?

My hopes:

• Republic: LAAT
  • CIS: HMP Droid Gunship
  • First Order: Xi-class light shuttle

Wow - good call @Odanan .

Are you sure you don't have insider information. ;)

6 hours ago, Scrivner said:

Wow - good call @Odanan .

Are you sure you don't have insider information. ;)

I don't, unfortunately.

But let me try to guess the next Republic and CIS ships:

• Eta-2 Arctis OR Alpha-3 Nimbus V-Wing
  • Droid tri-fighter OR Rogue-class starfighter

The Tri-fighter might be more iconic, but mechanically, I think the Rogue-class would add much more to the game (possibility of illicit slot and a title with cloaking). So I guess it will come earlier.

About the Eta-2 vs V-Wing, I guess the V-Wing miniature would look visually better (although the Eta-2 would have the classic jedi pilots, maybe even Yoda).

See, that's how it works. For me, half the fun in this game is to speculate what's coming next and see the new ships announcements.

Edited by Odanan

Going with the usual accepted wisdom, prominent T85 X-Wings in the Major Vonreg art looks good for a future Resistance release.

4 hours ago, Odanan said:

I don't, unfortunately.

The Tri-fighter might be more iconic, but mechanically, I think the Rogue-class would add much more to the game (possibility of illicit slot and a title with cloaking). So I guess it will come earlier.

About the Eta-2 vs V-Wing, I guess the V-Wing miniature would look visually better (although the Eta-2 would have the classic jedi pilots, maybe even Yoda).

See, that's how it works. For me, half the fun in this game is to speculate what's coming next and see the new ships announcements.

I’d say the Actis (cos duh!) or a big shiny Naboo large-based ship for the Republic next, since they don’t got owt like that yet.

49 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

I’d say the Actis (cos duh!) or a big shiny Naboo large-based ship for the Republic next, since they don’t got owt like that yet.

The Naboo large-based ships are not exactly combat ships... most of them are lightly aremed, and with retractable/concealed guns. but I agree they would look super cool on the table (specially if FFG gets that shiny chrome right).

8 hours ago, rawbean said:

Going with the usual accepted wisdom, prominent T85 X-Wings in the Major Vonreg art looks good for a future Resistance release.

Nice!!! I didn't pay attention to that until now.
swz62_a1_art.png

That's a ship with enough aesthetic difference to make me jump into the sequel factions. (that and the TIE Avenger TIE Whisper Interceptor)

So... do we agree the next Resistance ship will be the T-85?

(the fact they announced a single Sequel ship - FO - ship now makes me think they will only announce Ep. IX tie-ins later)

6 minutes ago, Odanan said:

So... do we agree the next Resistance ship will be the T-85?

(the fact they announced a single Sequel ship - FO - ship now makes me think they will only announce Ep. IX tie-ins later)

Resistance B-Wing and Resistance Y-Wing are also options.

11 hours ago, Odanan said:

I don't, unfortunately.

I hope if we get one of the two, it's the V-Wing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see the Eta-2. But there's already too much whining about jedi that putting them in true 3/3 ships would induce catastrophic levels of salt. The V-Wing, otoh, would allow for a more traditional interceptor.

Also, if I remember correctly, the ship that Padme takes to Mustafar was decently armed. A couple of laser cannons, at the least.

16 minutes ago, SavouryRain said:

I hope if we get one of the two, it's the V-Wing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see the Eta-2. But there's already too much whining about jedi that putting them in true 3/3 ships would induce catastrophic levels of salt. The V-Wing, otoh, would allow for a more traditional interceptor.

Me too.

About the Eta-2 firepower, wouldn't it be Att. 2 + cannon slot?

26 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Resistance B-Wing and Resistance Y-Wing are also options.

Well yeah... also, the TIE Dagger for the FO is a no brainer. But I hope they release these Ep. IX ships after the T-85.

6 hours ago, Odanan said:

Well yeah... also, the TIE Dagger for the FO is a no brainer. But I hope they release these Ep. IX ships after the T-85.

The First Order has a lot of options on the table, actually:

1. TIE Dagger

2 & 3. TIE Whisper/Interceptor (Standard and Kylo-variant)

4. TIE/FO Bomber (Resistance TV show)

5. FO Transport (Disclaimer: I don’t think FFG will add this to the game, but it does lend itself as an inexpensive crew carrier. Think of it as an even cheaper Xi-class.)

I agree though, I think the game is begging for the T-85! The question is, which faction will it belong to? I ask because Armada is getting the New Republic Starhawk and it’s a Rebel ship (apples and oranges, I know, as Armada doesn’t have the Resistance or First Order).

3 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I agree though, I think the game is begging for the T-85! The question is, which faction will it belong to? I ask because Armada is getting the New Republic Starhawk and it’s a Rebel ship (apples and oranges, I know, as Armada doesn’t have the Resistance or First Order).

Resistance will get the T85.

Rebels get the starhawk in Armada both because Armada doesn't have the Resistance, but also becaus 3 off them were used at the end of the gcw defeating the Empire.

9 hours ago, Revanur said:

Resistance will get the T85.

I have to assume you’re right. 👍🏻

On 1/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, Odanan said:

Me too.

About the Eta-2 firepower, wouldn't it be Att. 2 + cannon slot?

This has been much debated in the community. They certainly have ion cannons, but giving the ship a cannon slot feels a bit wrong. If it has ion ability, it might be a ship ability or something on an upgrade card. If we dig into legends a bit, there's also a version with missiles. Having an ion config (giving the ability to give ion tokens without giving the cannon) and a missile config could be interesting. An additional config could give it shielding, though that's probably easier done with just taking shield upgrade. My opinion is the ion config would make it a 3 attack ship that deals an ion token in the attack at the cost of a charge. The charges are to represent the limited power systems on the fighter. Then the missile config gives missile slot and does something useful in giving them, maybe reload, maybe something to do with target locks.

FO Bomber would be nice to see released agains the T-85, assuming the Dagger, Whisper, or modified Whisper aren't in the same wave instead.

PHpmkF7.png

Oh, and Scum getting the Meson Martinet would also be very cool.

sidon-ithano-ship-1.jpg

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

The Eta-2 discussion got me thinking about Anakin/Vader. This would be a nice place to introduce flippable pilot cards. Would something like this work?

Front: Anakin Skywalker. Hero of the Republic . Equip this side face up. [Anakin's usual ability]. When a friendly limited ship receives a crit [Maybe destroyed would be better?], you may flip this card.

Back: Darth Vader. Truly Lost . This ship counts as destroyed for scoring. After performing an action you may spend 1 Force to perform another action.

Not sure all that text would fit for Anakin, but you get the general idea. Give up points on Anakin to get Vader, with the assumption the Eta-2 is a better chassis than the TIE Advanced x1.

Edited by JanjyGiggins
On 1/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, Odanan said:

The Naboo large-based ships are not exactly combat ships... most of them are lightly aremed, and with retractable/concealed guns. but I agree they would look super cool on the table (specially if FFG gets that shiny chrome right).

J-type? Padmé as one of the pilots. Large base party bus.

2 hours ago, JanjyGiggins said:

The Eta-2 discussion got me thinking about Anakin/Vader. This would be a nice place to introduce flippable pilot cards. Would something like this work?

Front: Anakin Skywalker. Hero of the Republic . Equip this side face up. [Anakin's usual ability]. When a friendly limited ship takes is critically damaged [Maybe destroyed would be better?], you may flip this card.

Back: Darth Vader. Truly Lost . This ship counts as destroyed for scoring. After performing an action you may spend 1 Force to perform another action.

Not sure all that text would fit for Anakin, but you get the general idea. Give up points on Anakin to get Vader, with the assumption the Eta-2 is a better chassis than the TIE Advanced x1.

Cool idea!! Very thematic!

Concept art for the FO bomber, and maybe a remote for the FO as well?

Just now, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Maybe First Order can get a remote?

no-place-safe-concept-art-03_7db82efa.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1080%2C1080

no-place-safe-concept-art-04_6e9fc0f4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1080%2C1080

no-place-safe-concept-art-06_45a7b784.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1080%2C1080

Concept art of the FO bomber

no-place-safe-concept-art-11_2b37d285.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1386%2C1080

no-place-safe-concept-art-10_381e3387.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1386%2C1080

no-place-safe-concept-art-12_dac7a1c4.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1386%2C1080

Nu Class shuttle for republic!!

latest?cb=20120708055513

8 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Concept art for the FO bomber, and maybe a remote for the FO as well?

Wow!!!!

The Resistance show is giving so much cool stuff for the FO!

FO Bomber with 4 guns?! Most Impressive! Also looks super sexy!

And that droid-saucer-thing - it could have a lot of different mechanics. Heck, it could be the first "ship" with actual lateral movement.

Edited by Odanan
7 hours ago, Arc170Chris said:

Nu Class shuttle for republic!!

latest?cb=20120708055513

I guess it will come eventually, but they just got a big crew carrier...