What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

I'd love to see a wave that was new ships for every faction! It would be a great way to jazz up all the players.

New ship for Scum (The Mandalorian's ep. 6):

40858266dec03dd888ae1b3e0b01b7befa2e8264

Looks a lot like the Rogue-class Starfighter (but with a different cockpit, a lot more guns and no "cones" in the "turbines").

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlH9tmLYpvSC8Xjl7ZoZL

8 minutes ago, Odanan said:

Looks a lot like the Rogue-class Starfighter (but with a different cockpit, a lot more guns and no "cones" in the "turbines").

Agreed. Maybe a duel release?

Yeah I'd love that ship in scum, but it defo should be in the CIS too. Maybe both sculpts as seperate releases, maybe a joint set like Nym? But I think they want to avoid that now.

18 hours ago, Odanan said:

As much as I'm loving the **** out of The Mandalorian, I do think it's funny that two ships now (aside from the Razorcrest, which I'm certain we'll see on the table at some point) haven't been on screen long enough for us to get an idea about how they would translate to X-wing.

I REALLY like the design though, of that Rogue-ish class, so hopefully that will be fleshed out.

18 minutes ago, stuffedskullcat said:

As much as I'm loving the **** out of The Mandalorian, I do think it's funny that two ships now (aside from the Razorcrest, which I'm certain we'll see on the table at some point) haven't been on screen long enough for us to get an idea about how they would translate to X-wing.

I REALLY like the design though, of that Rogue-ish class, so hopefully that will be fleshed out.

Let's unify the two versions:

Rogue-class Starfighter

• Atk 2
  • Def 2
  • Shield 2
  • Hull 4

Scum/CIS dials and pilots.

Configuration card: Gunship Configuration = gives 180º cannon slot (and +1 attack?)

Title: Xanadu Blood (adds Cloaking action)

Pilots: Cad Bane (both Scum and CIS), IG-100 MagnaGuard (CIS), and others.

PS: Legends had a lot of lore on the ship .

Edited by Odanan
18 hours ago, Odanan said:

I've always liked the P-38 Lightning's/Rogue's/Porax's overall layout for the most part, though not the latter two's shift away from the nose mounted weapons of the Lightning. This is a definite good middle ground between the Lightning and the Rogue/Porax in weapons layout. The engine positioning and size causes me to think that if this is introduced to X-Wing it'll be fast, hopefully SLAM fast. :)

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

Oh, the ship is not new. It was in the Ep. VII:

72564896bdfd5df96eaa42282c16f2c359d00219

Definitely. But I tried to enhance the thingie already back when TFA was released on DVD, and was never clear what actually is showing up there *). Now, with it appearing in the Resistance show, we know much more.

*) Addendum: also at first it was not that much known about the Erevana itself, its layout and size, so even more difficult to establish what the Guavain thingie was.

Edited by Managarmr
Addendum
19 hours ago, Managarmr said:

Definitely. But I tried to enhance the thingie already back when TFA was released on DVD, and was never clear what actually is showing up there *). Now, with it appearing in the Resistance show, we know much more.

*) Addendum: also at first it was not that much known about the Erevana itself, its layout and size, so even more difficult to establish what the Guavain thingie was.

Thanks for that! I suppose that also gives some more context to its size. It's at least big enough to transport half a dozen or so people. I wonder if it's more comfortable or more like jump seats like a U-Wing.

And... there is this "Tri-Wing". Beautiful ship! It would make a fine addition to Star... Citizen.

Edited by Odanan

They did not announce anything, but they did say that there will be 4 waves in 2020.

7 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

They did not announce anything, but they did say that there will be 4 waves in 2020.

I wonder if that counts the delayed wave that we're waiting for.

Just now, feltipern1 said:

I wonder if that counts the delayed wave that we're waiting for.

They said it does not.

Anyone else see this Wired YouTube vid? Check this time stamp for the new B-wing

16 hours ago, mephiston x said:

Anyone else see this Wired YouTube vid? Check this time stamp for the new B-wing

Interesting, I didn't know the Rogue-class was in the live-action films.

The Outland TIE:

36ww2rilwc541.png

On 12/18/2019 at 3:23 PM, Odanan said:

The Outland TIE:

36ww2rilwc541.png

I had hoped/expected the Outland Tie to be more different when flying. But this is basically just a regular tie that can land in a cool way. Don't know if it would be worth FFG doing when they have the Brute still to do.

3 hours ago, InterceptorMad said:

I had hoped/expected the Outland Tie to be more different when flying. But this is basically just a regular tie that can land in a cool way. Don't know if it would be worth FFG doing when they have the Brute still to do.

It certainly wouldn't add anything new to the game.

BUT, could be a configuration card for the TIE/ln (if they find an ability that makes sense).

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

BUT, could be a configuration card for the TIE/ln (if they find an ability that makes sense).

Can land on rocks

21 hours ago, Odanan said:

Maybe a config that gives the TIE a stop maneuver. Would certainly be interesting to see on a ship that usually has to go a little fast.

20 hours ago, XPav said:

Can land on rocks

Because it has landing gear? I don't think so (otherwise, all Rebel ships would be able to do the same)

Edited by Odanan

Maybe the wings can close in flight at change the color of certain maneuvers?

On 12/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, Odanan said:

Maybe it could add some sort of deployment condition, like dunno... maybe in line with what have already been said "Deploy from an asteroid", or "can make a speed 0 maneuver during first 2 turns", or for epic to provide docking on some ship that does not have the option, certainly could be used to add some gimmick.