What's coming next? つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon New Announcement ! つ ◕◕ ༽つ

By Odanan, in X-Wing

And here is the Venisa's X-Wing:

venisa-starfighter-concept-art.jpg

venisa-starfighter.jpg

With the wings closed, it reminds me a LOT the Z-95.

Edited by Odanan
On 11/20/2019 at 8:38 PM, Odanan said:

And here is the new X-Wing! Looks like something between the T-65 and the T-70.

BTW, are those ion cannons? Or did she fire some sort of missiles?

After watching the episode, fairly sure it's a torpedo.

More images and info about the new ship from Star Wars Resistance: it's a droid racer ship, and it can "grab" other ships (that would make a very cool ship ability!).

the-voxx-vortex-5000-episode-gallery-11_

resistance-rendezvous-point-episode-gall

the-voxx-vortex-5000-episode-gallery-05_

28 minutes ago, Odanan said:

More images and info about the new ship from Star Wars Resistance: it's a droid racer ship, and it can "grab" other ships (that would make a very cool ship ability!).

This was a really cool ship to see. I already loved the design but seeing how its like an advanced Vulture is awesome.

It can't be longer than 2 weeks now for the next announcements, right?

My hopes:

• Republic: LAAT
  • CIS: HMP Droid Gunship
  • Scum: Razorcrest (maybe too soon?)
  • Rebels: save the slot for a future release of the Stinger Mantis
  • Empire: TIE Brute
  • Resistance: T-85 X-Wing
  • First Order: Xi-class light shuttle

But they could be working closely with Disney and release some RoS tie-ins...

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, Odanan said:

Finally another option for the Rebels: Stinger Mantis.

As a model, I'm all for adding the Stringer Mantis, but as a ship I don't think it will add anything new to the game. Based on what you see in Fallen Order it looks like the Mantis would be a large base with a 2-3 die fixed front arc, 10-12 health, 1-2 greens, talent, 2 crew, a modification, title, and maybe configuration and system slot. At that point its just a large base U-wing, and do we really need that?

On the other hand I think a Stringer Mantis expansion could have some very good crew cards:

Cal crew could tie into his slow power - After an enemy ship in your firing arc at range 0-2 reveals its maneuver dial, you may spend 1 force charge to reduce the speed of the revealed maneuver by 1 to a minimum speed of 1

Merrin could do something with cloaking - Action : If you are not stressed you may spend 1 force charge to perform a red cloak action

BD-1 could do something with healing - During the end phase, if you are not shielded you may spend 1 calculate token to regenerate 1 shield.

4 minutes ago, Asaverino1019 said:

As a model, I'm all for adding the Stringer Mantis, but as a ship I don't think it will add anything new to the game. Based on what you see in Fallen Order it looks like the Mantis would be a large base with a 2-3 die fixed front arc, 10-12 health, 1-2 greens, talent, 2 crew, a modification, title, and maybe configuration and system slot. At that point its just a large base U-wing, and do we really need that?

On the other hand I think a Stringer Mantis expansion could have some very good crew cards:

Cal crew could tie into his slow power - After an enemy ship in your firing arc at range 0-2 reveals its maneuver dial, you may spend 1 force charge to reduce the speed of the revealed maneuver by 1 to a minimum speed of 1

Merrin could do something with cloaking - Action : If you are not stressed you may spend 1 force charge to perform a red cloak action

BD-1 could do something with healing - During the end phase, if you are not shielded you may spend 1 calculate token to regenerate 1 shield.

Yep, there is not much design room for a Rebel large crew carrier..

BTW, I loved your ideas for cards.

11 hours ago, Odanan said:

Yep, there is not much design room for a Rebel large crew carrier..

Other than the one mission set with Saw, what makes it a Rebel ship?

7 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

It would be kind of strange call it "Scum and Villany", I guess...

I almost want to see the tri fighter before the gunship. Get the Seppies a 3 agi droid ship - maybe without the standard network calc or maybe some limited form of it?

LAAT is spot on. I want it to come with an AT-TE remote as well for leaving on obstacles a la that early Clone Wars episode. I’ll accept it without though.

FO does need a cheaper crew carrier. Resistance I’m not sure. I’m not unhappy with their selection currently.

Razor Crest needs to happen.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

So far that would be the only case but that might be enough. Rebels have the wookie gunship and that didn't partake in any Rebellion battle I think, only saw it at the end of the pilot Rebel episodes.

Saw's Partisans and the bigger Rebellion have not always gotten along but Saw's group is part of the Rebel faction in the game, even though his actions could be attributed to the Scum side more.

If the Mantis had to be brought into this game Rebels would make the most sense, Cal and Cere would likely never work along with Scum, heck bounty hunters are constantly hunting them down. Maybe down the line the Mantis will do more incursions with the Rebellion.

Question is if Rebels even need the ship, crew would be awesome but the ship itself? Still its a option, besides Canon wise the Rebels don't have many options left.

44 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

So far that would be the only case but that might be enough. Rebels have the wookie gunship and that didn't partake in any Rebellion battle I think, only saw it at the end of the pilot Rebel episodes.

Saw's Partisans and the bigger Rebellion have not always gotten along but Saw's group is part of the Rebel faction in the game, even though his actions could be attributed to the Scum side more.

If the Mantis had to be brought into this game Rebels would make the most sense, Cal and Cere would likely never work along with Scum, heck bounty hunters are constantly hunting them down. Maybe down the line the Mantis will do more incursions with the Rebellion.

Question is if Rebels even need the ship, crew would be awesome but the ship itself? Still its a option, besides Canon wise the Rebels don't have many options left.

I'm going to laugh if the Stinger Mantis becomes the first Republic large base. Their connection to the Republic has a stronger argument for it being added there than any argument for the ship's inclusion in the Rebellion.

New ship spoted!

nSneffW.jpg

But what about Kanjiklub?

I really like that new Guavian Death Gang ship. Looks like it would be medium or large base, 3 red forward arc, maybe a 2 red single arc turret.

Where's the cockpit on the Guavian Death Gang ship?

12 minutes ago, Arc170Chris said:

Where's the cockpit on the Guavian Death Gang ship?

My speculation is that it is the little band of black at the front of the cylinder that the turret is on top of. The ship's a bit bigger than most of the racers in the show, so it wouldn't be awful but it does look kind of weird. Think like a pillbox fortification. Also notice that in the design notes it's listed with what seems to be a reflective color (basing that on the lines on the button on the right), so makes the most sense as a "window."

ahh, cool! i see. yeah it is a big ship, definitely large base.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, Odanan said:

It could have really cool Grappling Struts: When you overlap an enemy ship you may rotate it 90 degrees

7 hours ago, HelHound said:

It could have really cool Grappling Struts: When you overlap an enemy ship you may rotate it 90 degrees

Yes, that would be a very fun ability.

BTW, the ship model looks gorgeous. Not very Star Wars-like (looks more something we would see in Wing Commander), but gorgeous.

The Guavian Death Gang fighter just keeps making me think it's actually one of those Transformers that turns into something "vaguely spaceship" like Vector Prime.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

1 week for Ep. IX. The next wave announcements must be in a few days. I hope.

I really believe we'll get an announcement on stream on the 17th. I mean its called New Ship Preview, not Wave 6 Preview. I get that they are likely going to show the TIE/ba and Fireball, but I'd be shocked if we don't get some other tease before the film comes out for Wave 7. It could just be a nomenclature change but previous wave gameplay previews said as such ("Wave 4 Gameplay".) They could be showing card pack pilots too I guess. Who knows, might just be my naiveté.

To the prior discussions, if there is one thing that Resistance has absolutely knocked out of the park its ship design. T-85, Fireball (and the other aces), TIE/ba, FO bomber (not seen outside the trailer yet), droid racer, guavian scout, the pirate uglies...

Edited by dsul413