3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

What about "The Eagles Nest"

because with that moulded in skull it looks a bit eerie

:)

(you started it Jon)

OR

It could be named re that moment after playing for 6 hours,you finally make it to the Inner Region and are just about to turn over the alternative ending card.........the suspense rises and you have a ...

TALISMAN CLIFFHANGER

(thats enough)

Rock of Legend?

Edited by talismanisland

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, just found a site called heroforge.com where you can create figures and they will print them. With the amount of homebrew for talisman, seems like a good idea for miniatures. If anyone has used them, please let us all know. Might give it ago myself. A figure seems to cost approx $30, which isn't cheap, but if you have a favourite homebrew, might be worth looking into.

Rocky McRockface (named after the Rock Face card)

Somebody suggested on Facebook that it could be resculpted to incorporate the Warlock's Cave and a slot for the Quest Rewards/Talismans.

If that gets done, it can be called -

Between a rock and a card place!

Thank you... :)

Someone....ahhmmm cough cough

Hello,

honestly, i am very interested in a complete Talisman model set, but not so much for some pieces, never sure if a complete set will ever be done.

for a complete set you should make with priority the four corners, so village, chapel and inn missing, graveyard too.this, with the city , should be the standard set.

middle region the castle is the highlight and with that i would count the set as complete.

surely there are many more places like temple, oasis, cave of the warlock, runestones, etc. all inner region etcetc. finally this could become a 3d gameboard, not necessarily depending on the paper board.

Edited by magicrealm

Hello,

honestly, i am very interested in a complete Talisman model set, but not so much for some pieces, never sure if a complete set will ever be done.

for a complete set you should make with priority the four corners, so village, chapel and inn missing, graveyard too.this, with the city , should be the standard set.

middle region the castle is the highlight and with that i would count the set as complete.

surely there are many more places like temple, oasis, cave of the warlock, runestones, etc. all inner region etcetc. finally this could become a 3d gameboard, not necessarily depending on the paper board.

Hi, I do intend to cover all the major landmarks of the board. The village will be released next week and then the Inn and the Chapel, I will then move on to other areas of the board. I am working on this alongside my freelance work (man cannot live on Talisman models alone). The plan is to release a new piece every 1-2 weeks. Progress is also impacted by how many orders I have to process, if I'm busy fulfilling orders then I can't test print new pieces, at some point I may get a second printer but can't justify it at the moment.

Home from work and a fantasic parcel awaited.

Just recieved my City (superb) and Sentinel (evenbetter in the flesh or armour so as to speak)

Nicely packaged. Can't wait to paint them and put them on the board.

Thanks Leavon, another quality peice of Talisman exotica.

Hello,

Hi, I do intend to cover all the major landmarks of the board. The village will be released next week and then the Inn and the Chapel, I will then move on to other areas of the board. I am working on this alongside my freelance work (man cannot live on Talisman models alone). The plan is to release a new piece every 1-2 weeks. Progress is also impacted by how many orders I have to process, if I'm busy fulfilling orders then I can't test print new pieces, at some point I may get a second printer but can't justify it at the moment.

This is great to hear. dont give up. you know , the philosophy of producing and selling is something, that FFg actually ruins itself.. example runewars: there are 4 races, but dwarves and orcs were never made. the game stayed incomplete. then they made battlelore, 3 races, so not even the four from runewars, incomplete. now they begin runewars miniature games again with the same 2 races we already have in battlelore. i wont wonder if that game nobody buys, because we cannot trust in ffg anymore. the mistake is: they do not start with all 6 races like GW did decades ago with warhammer tabletop. nobody is interested in a fragment, we all want a full game.

About Talisman: Luckily the licence for ffg runs out in february 2017 and the game comes back toi GW.

The one thing i never liked in talisman, well there are more than one, is the board. jumping around in monopoly style is a bit too much boardgame, a bit too less roleplay. i always hoped a talisman card game would be made so an individual landscape could be performed. with your models this idea does a big step forward.

About you : if you want to sell more you should look for some more places to make advertise. amazon and steam are both involved in talisman selling, local vendors who are active in internet selling may be good partners. i wish you luck and i will order the sortiment for christmas in decembre.

Edited by magicrealm

Couple of renders of the Talisman village sculpt, should be hitting the printer this evening for a test print.

village%20render1.jpg?raw=1

village%20render2.jpg?raw=1

I want to live in a place just like that!

......me to.

They just get better and better. I love the water wheel and boat.

Put me down for one please Leavon as soon as it is available.

I'm pleased to announce the Talisman village miniature is now for sale! I had a lot of fun with this one, coming up with the features on the riverside and the fountain, trying to capture that fantasy village feel on a small scale. I'm looking forward to getting it painted up, I'll post up as soon as it's done.
As usual the piece is available as a 3D print and as a digital download for you to print yourself. http://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store

Village1.jpg?raw=1

Village2.jpg?raw=1

Village2a.jpg?raw=1

Village3.jpg?raw=1

Village4.jpg?raw=1

Looks superb Leavon!

Thanks Jon, it was a bit of an epic sculpt but I got there!

Bloomin' heck, my wallet just dived across the lounge and ordered this for me before I even realised what had happened!

Ordered, wow brilliant

By the end of this journey I would have spent more with you than I did on the whole game with FFG, they missed a market here I reckon and God bless you picked it up and ran with it!

Who can resist falling in love to this dream ? not me. Just ordered all 5 Talisman pieces. cant wait for chapel, inn and graveyard. i estimate the costs for this project finally above 300 gbp.

Edited by magicrealm

Ordered, wow brilliant

By the end of this journey I would have spent more with you than I did on the whole game with FFG, they missed a market here I reckon and God bless you picked it up and ran with it!

I'm sorry guys, I think I know how drug dealers must feel! ;)

I genuinely wish I could make this stuff cheaper, the only way would be multipart casts and the quantities of scale just aren't there to justify it unfortunately :(

Fabulous work. I'll be looking at these for a Christmas present for Hubby.

Would you also be interested in doing any work for replacement pieces for the character miniatures that shipped with the game/expansions? My kids have very graciously lost our Dragon Priestess and Ranger miniatures, and the spear has broken off of our Amazon. Being able to get replacement pieces that at least look like the characters (instead of using the paper tokens or third-party miniatures that don't exactly match) would be awesome.

Thanks! I would say don't leave it too late to order before Christmas though, I'm currently limited to printing on one machine and it takes around 15 hours to print something like the Crown of command. Currently orders are taking around a week to process and ship but depending on demand that could go up getting closer to Christmas.

To be honest I wouldn't like to get in to producing replicas of existing miniatures, there are some definite copyright issues there. My aim here is to produce original pieces to accessorise the game and create miniatures for Characters that currently only exist as character cards.

I should have the Sentinel available to order from tonight, there have been some technical problems to overcome with the print on this one but I'm hoping that this afternoons test print will come out cleanly and I can get him listed. I'll keep the thread updated.

Meanwhile these crowns are shipping this morning and will be winging there ways to their new owners!

20161017_142725.jpg?raw=1

One for the basic game, one for cataclysm, one for the dragon tower, one for me.... ...smile...

Edited by magicrealm

i know a way how to rise the price much higher - and i would buy it : full painted models !

i know a way how to rise the price much higher - and i would buy it : full painted models !

I did consider offering painted models but I barely have time to make orders, I don't even have time to paint my own stuff! I'm hoping next year there may be some time to do some painting commisions, fingers crossed!

By the way I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about being busy, I'm super flattered that the community has been so welcoming and supportive towards my little venture. I really had no idea that there would be such enthusiasm for these models. Here's to being busy!