3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

@magicrealm

Likely you won't read this, because you quit it. Regardless I wanted to post anyway.

I can see you're passionate about unique art and don't want Leavon to focus on miniatures but simply the board terrain. I appreciate that and do want him to do more terrain as well but not exclusively. ultimately my opinion and yours is just that. It is up to Leavon totally his choice.

from your comment upthread:

1. I forgive you for cursing and insulting me

2. I wish you the best and hope you continue to enjoy playing Talisman

3. May all your hopes and dreams come true and that fear leaves you.

4. I bless you with tact, wisdom, energy and capability to accomplish what you set your heart to do.

5. May peace fill so you no longer have to feel upset about what I or anyone else says or does

Stay Awesome!

We don't for definite know if the forum will close, no announcement has been made either way. Some are assuming the worst.

I for one was encouraging a project that Leavon had already started.

When licensing ends, FFG are no longer allowed to actively support the products, so in the past they have archived the forums -

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/167-forum-archive/

Note however, that all forums there can still be posted to, so fingers crossed that this community can keep going.

Until of course, another current home is made...

Enjoyed painting this one, Portal next, notice I'm leaving the tricky stuff till last....

Chapel7.jpg?raw=1

Chapel8.jpg?raw=1

Absolutely gorgeous, Leavon! This is obviously a labor of love for you.

Thanks! I just love making stuff, and being able to transfer stuff from my computer screen where it's resided for years is a real buzz. Adding paint combines a hobby that I spent my childhood doing and had forgotten how much I enjoyed.

I just received my order today @Leavon thank you!

Guys, I've been wondering if I can still use these terrain miniatures while playing the new Cataclysm board. Has anyone tried it here?

Edited by clintgh
9 hours ago, clintgh said:

I just received my order today @Leavon thank you!

Guys, I've been wondering if I can still use these terrain miniatures while playing the new Cataclysm board. Has anyone tried it here?

Glad it made it all the way out there Clint! I don't have the Cataclysm but it looks like most of the spaces are the same thematically they are just in a ruined state. You could paint the pieces to match the cataclysm look, modify them with debris etc. I'd love to offer Cataclysm versions of the models but it'd be a lot of work and I'm not sure how much demand there would be. I do plan to pick up a copy as I think the board is beautiful so maybe one it'll get done....

Anyway just a quick update to say that the Temple is on the way! Just finished text printing and it's come out really well. I wanted to add some interior detail so I created a font in the middle (credit to my Archeologist girlfriend for that idea :) ), it's not very visible but it's a nice little detail I think. It made it easier to print it in 3 pieces and makes it easier to paint before assembly.

Temple2.jpg?raw=1

Temple1.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Leavon

Very nice, as per... :)

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh.. gotta have ?

5 hours ago, Leavon said:

Glad it made it all the way out there Clint! I don't have the Cataclysm but it looks like most of the spaces are the same thematically they are just in a ruined state. You could paint the pieces to match the cataclysm look, modify them with debris etc. I'd love to offer Cataclysm versions of the models but it'd be a lot of work and I'm not sure how much demand there would be. I do plan to pick up a copy as I think the board is beautiful so maybe one it'll get done....

And it came in a really good condition. I have yet to open my copy of Cataclysm and I haven't looked at the board anywhere else on the internet so I can't tell how the design differs but we'll see; I'm still waiting for the world to end using the Harbinger expansion and when that happens we'll use Cataclysm on the next game session. You should get a copy soon before stores run out of stock.

Oh, and the Temple looks great!

6 hours ago, clintgh said:

And it came in a really good condition. I have yet to open my copy of Cataclysm and I haven't looked at the board anywhere else on the internet so I can't tell how the design differs but we'll see; I'm still waiting for the world to end using the Harbinger expansion and when that happens we'll use Cataclysm on the next game session. You should get a copy soon before stores run out of stock.

Oh, and the Temple looks great!

I suggested to someone to use the expansion as away of playing Talisman in a campaign mode.

Also, the temple looks fantastic.

Good to see you continue the board miniatures. It is surprising how you find Solutions for Details, this time the well inside, making 3 pieces. Thumbs up!

i hope you keep with the main board, there is still so much to do. of course , there are great possibilities in the expansions, like the Palace of the ice queen, but one after the other.

Edited by magicrealm

I'm making a fast key on my keyboard to quicken the process. It will auto fill:

brilliant Levon yet again!

cheers

The second of the inner realm models is now available to purchase at the Spare Oom store!

I'm making good progress on the Warlocks Cave, I've attached a pic at the bottom; I'd like to gauge your opinions... there are 3 options available:

a) either a slot could be cut into the top sloping surface of the cave to store Talisman cards.

b) a recess for a Talisman model could integrated into the top and a Talisman or number of Talisman could be supplied with the Cave (how many would people require? 6?) this would obviously increase the cost of the item.

c) or it could be left as it is?

Or are there any other ideas that people might like to see? Your thoughts please....

Temple1.jpg?raw=1

Temple2.jpg?raw=1

temple3.jpg?raw=1

warlock.jpg?raw=1

Nice work on them both. I've given my thoughts over on BGG. :)

I like it just as it is.

With all the massess of Warlock Quest cards, it would have to be a huge slot and that would take away from the detail of the model.

Plastic Talismans would be a nice idea

:)

Both look great. Opined over at BGG as well

pic588263_md.jpg

On 2/21/2017 at 11:00 AM, Leavon said:

The second of the inner realm models is now available to purchase at the Spare Oom store!

I'm making good progress on the Warlocks Cave, I've attached a pic at the bottom; I'd like to gauge your opinions... there are 3 options available:

a) either a slot could be cut into the top sloping surface of the cave to store Talisman cards.

b) a recess for a Talisman model could integrated into the top and a Talisman or number of Talisman could be supplied with the Cave (how many would people require? 6?) this would obviously increase the cost of the item.

c) or it could be left as it is?

Or are there any other ideas that people might like to see? Your thoughts please....

What about a combination of of all three?

Leave space to store the talisman cards and offer a pack of 3 talismans as a separate purchase. That exact quantity doesn't have to be used. I think the base game comes with 4 talisman cards. So a pack of three and the Warlock Cave would give you 4.

no3. as it is. my opinion about no 1 and 2 i have written before and got a warning from ffg for it, thanks. children call for big brother.

Talistone and chapel arrived today, brilliant as always. Now I find I want another Talisman as it would look awesome on my keys. How about knocking out a key ring version Leavon?

4 minutes ago, Sithassassin said:

Talistone and chapel arrived today, brilliant as always. Now I find I want another Talisman as it would look awesome on my keys. How about knocking out a key ring version Leavon?

Would it be rugged enough for that job? I used to have a Lego Jester on my keys, but it ended up rather battered after a while.

34 minutes ago, talismanisland said:

Would it be rugged enough for that job? I used to have a Lego Jester on my keys, but it ended up rather battered after a while.

Could always cast them in metal...

1 hour ago, talismanisland said:

An iron talisman then

So I think, after careful rumination, that the production Warlock cave is just going to be a vanilla, plain old cave. Sorry if that disappoints any of you, given the variety and quantity of cards that could be left there, the design could get a bit cluttered. I do quite like the idea of a Talisman carved into the top so I will have a look at that.

I think a keyring has been mentioned before, durability could be a question, although ABS plastic is pretty tough. I have a purple and black rolls of ABS that I could do a test with, I guess it would really come down to the type of paint and varnish that would be used, enamel would be ideal. I'll have a ponder on it, just had a huge order of 16 pieces so that will be occupying the printers for a while.

Jon asked me to help out with some missing art work for The Lost Realms project and I was happy to be able to contribute with the three pieces below. I believe it will be released today at www.Talismanisland.com!

Ring.jpg?raw=1 Iron%20key.jpg?raw=1 Gauntlet.jpg?raw=1