3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

Hi, I'm a 3D artist and have recently developed a 3D printed mini for B-sieged which has been well received over on the B-sieged forum on Boardgame Geek and by 2nd Gate games.

This got me thinking that I would start to develop terrain pieces or game accessories for other games that I play. Talisman seemed to lend it self to a few key environment pieces; The Sentinel, portal of power, Temple etc.

I chose the Crown of command as the first piece to have a go at. It was a really fun sculpt, it's printed out at 150mm tall and the base is 90mm across. I'm going to get it painted up this weekend.

I'm also developing a Talisman character miniature in collaboration with Jon New. If there is sufficient interest I'll be doing more.

My question is would there be any demand for these pieces? Either as printed miniatures or as an STL to download and print your own?

crown%20of%20command%20zsculpt.jpg?raw=1

crown%20of%20command%20primed1.jpg?raw=1

crown%20of%20command%20primed2.jpg?raw=1

crown%20of%20command%20primed3.jpg?raw=1

Really nice work - well done! :)

I'd certainly be interested in them. If you do decide to offer them as an finished miniature (rather than print your own), please post a link and/or keep us all informed.

Edited by adjogi

Thanks very much! I've moved forward with it and am now offering a 3D print and a digital version through my website.

www.leavon.co.uk/online-store

As mentioned earlier I'm collaborating with Jon New from Talisman Island on a series of Talisman Miniatures. It's early days but I will more than likely offering them through Shapeways as detailed 35mm minis are a bit beyond my printers capability.

I'll keep this thread updated with progress.

Keyshot%20exorcist2.jpg?raw=1

http://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store

Wow! Can't wait to see what your Shape Shifter will look like!

Absolutely stunning - would love to pimp oit my talisman with figures for the ice queen, sentinel, the dragons heck even missing characters such as the inquisitor. Would be willing to buy anything produced :)

Wow very impressed would certainly consider buying models of the digital characters and also crown of command, sentinal, and portal as shown, how about the 3 dragon kings as well as ice queen,eagle kink dark lord etc

Will watch with interest☺

Wow very interested especially if you sold them as completed miniatures especially digital characters crown,also eagle king, dark lord,sentinel,etc, how about the 3dragon kings☺

Fantastic.. Need to get a 3D printer hehehe.

Sorry guys I perhaps didn't make it very clear, I am selling the crown of command as a completed miniature through www.leavon.co.uk/online-store

At the moment the Exorcist is just a digital sculpt but I will be offering him and others to buy as miniatures through Shapeways if all goes well with the test print.

I will be doing other terrain pieces also, definitely the Sentinel and portal of power and then I'll see what demand is like for smaller pieces, there are so many to choose from on the board. There will be some funny quirky ones like Pit fiends, just a head popping up out of the board ;)

Just ordered this, can't wait to get it. Look forward to what you produce next, how about the village, church, tavern etc that sit on the corners as an l shaped construction so the character pieces can still fit on the space. Would also love to see some of the other digital characters or ice queen and the lady produced

Amazing work. I'd be interested if cost and shipping was reasonable.

It would be nice to have a representation for the Sentinel and the Portal of Power I think. Also, the Eagle King and Dark Lord.

Edited by chemical22

Just ordered this, can't wait to get it. Look forward to what you produce next, how about the village, church, tavern etc that sit on the corners as an l shaped construction so the character pieces can still fit on the space. Would also love to see some of the other digital characters or ice queen and the lady produced

Thanks for your order! I've just posted your crown of command, it should be with you soon!

absolutely fantastic!

Made some progress with the Sentinel...

sentinel%20render%201.jpg?raw=1

sentinel%20render%202.jpg?raw=1

It's on the printer right now and progress is good!

I'll be posting the painted Crown of command later tonight, my 9 month old puppy took a liking to it and I now have to do a little bit of repair work..... :blink:

Now that is really cool!

It'd be nice to have the feet of the (now) missing Sentinel from the other side too, just for giggles. :)

Haha! I hadn't noticed that! I'll see what can do :)

Just let your puppy have a chew of this print and it will look much the same...

My crown of command arrived today. This is a seriously fantastic piece of art Leavon. I will be definitely looking forward to your next project. Will post a picture of it on the board if I could figure out how to do it from my iPad. Really chuffed with it.

My goodness these pieces and whatever else is produced,is going to make the board look absolutely awesome. Fantasic work Leavon, think I will have to do plenty of overtime over the coming weeks :)

My crown of command arrived today. This is a seriously fantastic piece of art Leavon. I will be definitely looking forward to your next project. Will post a picture of it on the board if I could figure out how to do it from my iPad. Really chuffed with it.

Ahh, I'm so glad you like it Roger. I'm definitely inspired to keep this rolling so there be plenty more pieces to come.

My goodness these pieces and whatever else is produced,is going to make the board look absolutely awesome. Fantasic work Leavon, think I will have to do plenty of overtime over the coming weeks :)

Thanks very much, I'll be doing plenty of overtime too ;)

Pictures with it on the board! Now!!

Okay so here's the Painted crown on command in situ on the board, I've tried to go for an uplit effect similar to the board painting, I think it's worked out okay.

painted1.jpg?raw=1

painted2.jpg?raw=1

painted3.jpg?raw=1

painted4.jpg?raw=1

And here's a quick preview of the Sentinel printed at 90mmX80mm. Still needs a bit of clean up and the spear head is printing right now.

sentinel%20preview.jpg?raw=1

:o

Superb!

This is insane :)