3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

Well following on from yesterdays post about being busy, there was a flurry of orders overnight and I'm now maxed out. So unfortunately the Spare Oom Studio shop will be closed until Jan 1st 1f641.png :-( . I'm afraid I've got a huge backlog of orders to process and there's only one of me to process them. I'm probably going to have to look at buying another printer in the New year (oh joy another one to maintain!) and potentially cloning myself. I will be continuing to develop new products during this time so lots of new shiney stuff to come in the new year!

P.S. I haven't forgotten about the Rock's renaming and I'll do my best to pick a winner ASAP.

In between boxing portals and crowns and cleaning up Sentinel models I've managed to do some work on the Tavern. I won't get chance to test print it until the Christmas break but here's a peak at the Zbrush sculpt....

The%20tavern1.jpg?raw=1

The%20tavern2.jpg?raw=1

The%20tavern3.jpg?raw=1

The%20tavern4.jpg?raw=1

Gorgeous! :wub:

Just totally amazed again

Smashing. I'll have one please Leavon.

Well, since you did not work on my order yet you can add the tavern to it !

Hi Leavon

As I say another smashing model.

Just one teenie, wennie, itsy bitsy, incy wincy,miniscule allteration (and i feel bad mentioning it after all the work you've done)

But could we have a "sun motif "on the pub sign rather than the tankard.

The sun motif was first used on 1st/ 2nd edition and is still just about visible on revised fourth edition giving a nice continuity

Though I might mention it now before you start the production.

Please tell me to clear off if you want as I am a complete luddite and have no idea how you create such wonders in the firstplace.

Hi Leavon

As I say another smashing model.

Just one teenie, wennie, itsy bitsy, incy wincy,miniscule allteration (and i feel bad mentioning it after all the work you've done)

But could we have a "sun motif "on the pub sign rather than the tankard.

The sun motif was first used on 1st/ 2nd edition and is still just about visible on revised fourth edition giving a nice continuity

Though I might mention it now before you start the production.

Please tell me to clear off if you want as I am a complete luddite and have no idea how you create such wonders in the firstplace.

Ooh I didn't know that, that would be a nice detail! Shouldn't be a problem, these are custom miniatures after all ;) consider it done!

I'm currently in discussion with a mold making and casting company so the Tavern may be the first item to be cast in resin! The maintenance of the printer and prep of the models is such a time killer, I spend more time keeping it running than printing stuff. So that should free up my time a bit more to be able to create new content, also the quality of the models will be higher and should be able to capture all of the details from the digital sculpts.

It'll be nice to use the printer for fun stuff like finishing my girlfriends re-boot proton pack ;)

Great news about the resin manufacture.

As for the Tavern, the pub sign is actually different in each edition.

Sadly I don't have a better picture for now of the Revised 4th Edition, but I think it might be nice if you could make a removable sign, with 3 options, a Sun, a Dragon and a Crown or Sun???

<edit> You know, staring at it, my brain is alternating between it being a Crown, or a smiling Sun! I guess I'll have to contact Ralph Horsley to see :)

<edit 2> The more I look at it, the more I think it is actually a Sun (sorry Kate!) - just ignore me, though a Crown would be a nice option ;)

<edit 3> I've now had the confirmation! - "Having gone and checked I can confirm it is a sun " :)

tavern-sun.jpg

1st/2nd Edition

tavern-dragon.jpg

3rd Edition

tavern-crown-or-sun.jpg

4th/Revised 4th Edition

Edited by talismanisland

Great news about the resin manufacture.

As for the Tavern, the pub sign is actually different in each edition.

Sadly I don't have a better picture for now of the Revised 4th Edition, but I think it might be nice if you could make a removable sign, with 3 options, a Sun, a Dragon and a Crown or Sun???

<edit> You know, staring at it, my brain is alternating between it being a Crown, or a smiling Sun! I guess I'll have to contact Ralph Horsley to see :)

<edit 2> The more I look at it, the more I think it is actually a Sun (sorry Kate!) - just ignore me, though a Crown would be a nice option ;)

<edit 3> I've now had the confirmation! - "Having gone and checked I can confirm it is a sun " :)

tavern-sun.jpg

1st/2nd Edition

tavern-dragon.jpg

3rd Edition

tavern-crown-or-sun.jpg

4th/Revised 4th Edition

The sign will be a separate piece for production purposes so having a couple of variants wouldn't be a problem!

I think I'd prefer a pint at the red dragon as opposed to the rising sun!

Village arrived yesterday, nicely packaged and I had a "cracking" unboxing by the fire last night.

Another brilliant piece. I don't know how you do it but continue if you don't mind.

Leavon...I salute you

Thank you

Village arrived yesterday, nicely packaged and I had a "cracking" unboxing by the fire last night.

Another brilliant piece. I don't know how you do it but continue if you don't mind.

Leavon...I salute you

Thank you

Thanks Kate, so glad you're happy with the Village! Have no fear, more stuff us on the way!

I've got a delivery of silicon and resin coming tomorrow, my goal for the christmas holidays us to get a piece moulded and cast in resin. If it works out it should ease my production line troubles. If it fails then I'll just go down a commercial route but I hope to keep it in house.

My village arrived today, so amazed at the detail. Can't wait for the next pieces to be released. Well done again Leavon. Hopefully will find some time to paint over the holiday.

Hi folks, Happy New year to all! I managed to get the Tavern printed over the holidays and it's now for sale on the website www.leavon.co.uk. It's pictured with the Tankard sign currently but I will be adding a dragon and a sun over the next couple of days and it will ship with all 3 signs so you can choose your drinking establishment. The digital download will be up as soon as those files are finalised.

Next up is the Chapel...

Tavern1.jpg?raw=1

Tavern2.jpg?raw=1

Tavern3.jpg?raw=1

Tavern4.jpg?raw=1

Happy New Year!

Looking great Leavon! I'm looking forward to seeing the pub signs :)

Wow

Order placed.

:)

Think it will definitely have to be the red dragon for me, looking forward to getting this. Looking forward to seeing the chapel design

Edited by Sithassassin

In the same vein as the Tavern, I wonder if you'd thought about the roof furniture for the Chapel?

I know the 4th Edition doesn't have anything on it, but the 2nd and 3rd Editions do...

chapel-stuff.jpg

Just a thought :)

2nd edition definitely

Thanks for all your orders folks! The cross will work best printed separately so doing the pitch fork variant won't be a problem :)

i am still waiting for my 5 pieces, ordered and payed 4 weeks ago. you can add the tavern to it, i pay this one at receive.

i am still waiting for my 5 pieces, ordered and payed 4 weeks ago. you can add the tavern to it, i pay this one at receive.

Hi Matthias, I mailed you before Christmas to let you know that your order wouldn't be processed before the Christmas holidays due to high demand and I gave you the option of cancelling the order. I also mailed you yesterday to let you know that your order would be shipped today.

If you would like the Tavern then please order through the website, I can refund the postage on the new order and it will all be shipped together. This will delay the shipping of your order though as the Tavern will have to join the que, I would estimate that it would be printed next monday.

just ordered the tavern and payed via PayPal. if you can pack it tot the other ones, we safe the 6 Pound for shipping. also , if you do the chapel within the next two weeks, we can wait for this one and send it all together.

Cool, thanks for the order, I've refunded the postage and will ship with the rest next week. The Chapel will be done by the end of January, I'll keep you informed if it's going to be sooner.