3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

11 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

I hope he gave you a decent price for your progs. Did you buy any damp from him?

:)

Unfortunately no galactic groats were received, he was doing me a favour storing them for me when I was moving.

My AD's weren't worth that much financially as a lot of the covers ended up on my bedroom wall!

On 8/21/2018 at 11:30 AM, 80sVamp said:

I'm up to date with the scenery as I paint them as soon as they come in (can't help myself)

If they let me have the camera (doubtful after the incident in Staines with the butterscotch Angel Delight and 4 members of the Peckham and Stroud Ukelele Society.) I'll take a picture of the board and send it to you.

It seems that everyone's favourite Vamp was indeed allowed access to the camera and she has asked me to post up the pics here (they look fantastic!)

Mmmmm... Butterscotch Angel Delight... ?

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5255.JPG

L1003329.JPG

L1003331.JPG

Edited by talismanisland
Can't spell butterscotch apparently...

That looks amazing! Great work Kate!

Its all down to your hard work Leavon.

This would not have happened if you hadn't created the pieces. So thank you for that.

Only the Chasm, Pit fiends and Forest to do and your masterpiece will be finished (or or you looking at other mini packs as you've done with the Woods ie Plains, fields etc. The plains would be good as you have the tree with the noose, man on a rock, Hanging gibbet and Crossroads sign)

Thanks again. I really enjoyed painting the Hidden Valley.

3 minutes ago, 80sVamp said:

Its all down to your hard work Leavon.

This would not have happened if you hadn't created the pieces. So thank you for that.

Only the Chasm, Pit fiends and Forest to do and your masterpiece will be finished (or or you looking at other mini packs as you've done with the Woods ie Plains, fields etc. The plains would be good as you have the tree with the noose, man on a rock, Hanging gibbet and Crossroads sign)

Thanks again. I really enjoyed painting the Hidden Valley.

Seeing them come to life like that makes it very worthwhile!

Yeah there will be another mini pack of the plains before I tackle the last three. Then I can get painting!

<cough> Deserts... </cough>

...and Black Knight...

and more... :)

Edited by talismanisland
I'm a bit thick...

Yes of course, there will be pudding and dark knights ahead.

Somebody said something interesting today on FB about doing a 3D printed board and it got me thinking...

It might be possible to do a tiered 3D board that all the terrain pieces fit in to. It could be modular so you could just have the Inner realm or Inner and middle or all 3.

All the banners with the text could be 3D.

It would be quite an undertaking...

Is it a bit mad?

Very mad.

However, if you made a master in resin you could then have it vacuformed (sp?) so that it would not be a nightmare to print or have cast in resin.

I don't think vacformimg would give enough detail but it could deffo be cast.

But it wouldn't need much detail as that is what the board furniture is for.

21 hours ago, Leavon said:

Somebody said something interesting today on FB about doing a 3D printed board and it got me thinking...

It might be possible to do a tiered 3D board that all the terrain pieces fit in to. It could be modular so you could just have the Inner realm or Inner and middle or all 3.

All the banners with the text could be 3D.

It would be quite an undertaking...

Is it a bit mad?

Not mad at all. I think its a fantastic idea.

Funny when I was looking at my board the other day, I was thinking about trying to link the scenery together to fill in the remaining gaps.

A cast framework would be really, really good. You could have the inner region slightly raised with banks for the river (in case you want to withdraw any money). It would be like those little bits of 3D scenery that clip into the board in 'Game of Life'

You've set the seed now Leavon a very, very dangerous thing to do.

As for making deserts I'm sure such an undertaking will be a mere trifle to a man like you without having to sponge of your competitors. Am I right or amaringue ?

Two men in armour walk into a hotel.

One says 'I'd like a room for two nights please'

Scenery layout with inserts. Do leavon. Do it or the puns continue.

Not mad if you construct the pieces so that they can be put together in any way, so every board would look different. however, it would be the very final step, after everything else is done.

i didnt order the valley yet because i wait for some more pieces and make a large package then.

This is a bit of an unexpected post, I've been testing a new printer and trying out it's extended build capability....

Lo the Crown of Command Deluxe!

It features a removable crown and a slot to store a Talisman, it's also now in scale with the minis.

It's still at a prototype stage, I'll be increasing the ledge size to better accommodate a mini.

If anyone has any ideas for it, I may incorporate them.

I'm hoping to launch it in a few weeks time on Spare Oom's studio's 2nd birthday.

I also may do a give away of this prototype version....

Crown%20of%20Command%20Deluxe.jpg?raw=1

Much awesomeness...

On 9/12/2018 at 3:35 AM, Leavon said:

This is a bit of an unexpected post, I've been testing a new printer and trying out it's extended build capability....

Lo the Crown of Command Deluxe!

It features a removable crown and a slot to store a Talisman, it's also now in scale with the minis.

It's still at a prototype stage, I'll be increasing the ledge size to better accommodate a mini.

If anyone has any ideas for it, I may incorporate them.

I'm hoping to launch it in a few weeks time on Spare Oom's studio's 2nd birthday.

I also may do a give away of this prototype version....

Crown%20of%20Command%20Deluxe.jpg?raw=1

The dog looks suitably impressed.

Yeah, Loki isn't much of a gamer unless a component falls on the floor then it's a race to get to it first, I've lost a couple of cards that way....

EEK its enormous !!!!

But looks smashing. I like the idea of it being removable so you can actually remove the crown when you get to the top and wave it mockingly in front of other adventurers.

A little lug on the mountain for the crown to sit on would be useful. I would probably use this larger piece as an ornament on top of my jewelry box and wouldn't want to knock the crown off every time I moved it.

Loki looks dog tired and would be more excited if it was the Collar of Command. By the way when you play games does he tend to winalot?

Put me down for one Leavon. (A Crown of Command not a Loki)

Edited by 80sVamp
On 9/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, 80sVamp said:

EEK its enormous !!!!

But looks smashing. I like the idea of it being removable so you can actually remove the crown when you get to the top and wave it mockingly in front of other adventurers.

A little lug on the mountain for the crown to sit on would be useful. I would probably use this larger piece as an ornament on top of my jewelry box and wouldn't want to knock the crown off every time I moved it.

Loki looks dog tired and would be more excited if it was the Collar of Command. By the way when you play games does he tend to winalot?

Put me down for one Leavon. (A Crown of Command not a Loki)

Okay that's intersting, there is a little lug on top at the mo but I'm gonna try and design a simple twist fastening so that the crown can lock in place.

Here's where I'm at with the first Plains piece, I'm running text prints right now .

As far as updates go, I won't leave you hanging.....

Plains%20Gibbet%20render.jpg?raw=1

I always have problems with turkey gibbets at Christmas.

ps thanks for not leaving his hanging though I thought you were being a little cagey about the whole design.

*Epic post warning!*

Happy birthday to us! 1f382.png ? 1f942.png ? 1f388.png ? This week marks the 2nd anniversary of the birth of Spare Oom Studio! What started as an impulse purchase of a 3D printer and then "now what do I do with it?!" has led to an online store with over 30 products now available and me herding polygons round the clock to keep feeding it with new content (it's a hungry beast)!

To mark this momentous occasion I've got 3 new product launches to announce and a competition to win a prototype of the new Crown of Command Deluxe....

Talking of which, I felt like I should get in on the latest craze for Bigatures and what better subject for ginormification than the Crown of Command.... To take advantage of the new scale, the tower has undergone a substantial resculpt. The model is now in scale with the character minis and the platforms are big enough to perch a mini on. There is a recess at the base of the steps that accepts a Talisman (supplied with the COC deluxe) so the first character to reach the Tower can place the Talisman in the rock face. The crown it's self is now removable so the winner of the game can do victory laps of the room, holding it aloft (or collapse in a corner cause you started the game too late it's now 5 in the morning). It goes without saying that this model also makes a great display piece for any Talisman fan.

Also released today are The plains! All 3 locations including, the signpost, the Gibbet and the rock with the little dude on it are now covered!

The third release is the Crown of Command Lite, this is the perfect accessory for anyone who wants to dip their toe in the board furniture water at a lower price point. It stands at 50mm tall and creates quite a cool illusion on the board when viewed from the correct angle.

1f3c6.png ? And so to the competition! As I mentioned above, I'm going to be giving away the prototype model of the Crown of Command Deluxe. To win it, simply share the post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/spareoomstudio/ or Instagram and comment below the Facebook post to let me know you've shared it and on the 31st of October I'll use a super-complex algorithm (probably involving a hat) to reveal the winner 1f3c6.png ?

Finally, of course none of this would have been possible if it weren't for the support of the gaming community, particularly the Talismaniacs who have got behind the board furniture project, I'm hugely grateful to you all.
May your Dice rolls forever be in your favour!

www.spareoomstudio.co.uk

P.S. also now on Instagram # spareoomstudio

Crown%20deluxe6.jpg?raw=1

Crown%20deluxe2.jpg?raw=1

Crown%20deluxe5.jpg?raw=1

Plains4.jpg?raw=1

Crown%20of%20command%20Lite.jpg?raw=1

EEk.

Theres me raising my eye brows seeing Christmas adverts and thinking its a long way off but no in fact Christmas has come early!!!!

Fantastic. I love the wee man on the rock. Seeing his resolute, determined stance makes me feel a little boulder.

Although initially a pilot piece I think the plains will be a runway success and sales will no doubtably take off. Hopefully these pieces will be landing on my door step in a jumbo size box though I suppose those with a DC10 post code may get theirs quicker.

Happy birthday Spare Oom. ? ? :)

Bags of gold in your hand luggage.

Cabin crew to doors please.

Edited by 80sVamp

2 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

EEk.

Theres me raising my eye brows seeing Christmas adverts and thinking its a long way off but no in fact Christmas has come early!!!!

Fantastic. I love the wee man on the rock. Seeing his resolute, determined stance makes me feel a little boulder.

Although initially a pilot piece I think the plains will be a runway success and sales will no doubtably take off. Hopefully these pieces will be landing on my door step in a jumbo size box though I suppose those with a DC10 post code may get theirs quicker.

Happy birthday Spare Oom. ? ? :)

Bags of gold in your hand luggage.

Cabin crew to doors please.

:lol: Thanks Kate! Jumbo box is on the way!

i am still watching it, i am very happy that you go into those detail. Would you please make the last pieces to fullfill the project ? Deep Woods, Chasm, Pit fiends, maybe Valley of fire and Black knight ? i wish i could support your motivation. Well, Deep Wood is the entrance to the Woodland Addon, very important. Valley of Fire is the second most important place in this world, after the crown, because it leads to the crown and needs a Talisman to cross, the game has its name from.

Leavon, when this is completed we may negotitate about the four faction castles of Runewars...

Edited by magicrealm

Your package arrived yesterday Leavon. Thank you

Gods holy trousers its enormous !!!!! I've never seen such a large knobbly spire (wheres this going? -Ed).

Your dulux Crown of Command is superb. I'll have to speak to Matt down at my local B+Q and get a gallon tin of Crown 'firecracker red' paint and HEEuge brush just to paint it.

I will also have to take steps to procure a ladder to paint the top bit and have just rung a local supplier.

By jove I'm exhausted just looking at it. *phew*

The Plains pieces are anything but and that cheeky little individual Crown is the jewel in the .... errrr crown.

I take my hat off to you. Well done sir.

If anyone hasn't placed an order for such magnificent Talisman loveliness then you should be consigned to the Horrible Black Void and then turned into a toad whilst having your tonsils removed with a blunt spoon.