3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

By Leavon, in Talisman

Take my money now!

This is, without a doubt, the coolest fan-made accessory/accessories for a board game I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of those in my time! This is really, truly, very awesome, and you should be proud of the awesome work you've created!

Beyond the Crown of Command and the Sentinel (and maybe the Portal of Power), I would absolutely KILL to have miniatures made for the Digital Edition characters that will never have real official miniatures made for them. They don't have to look 100% the same as the digital edition, just as long as they fit in with the rest of the Talisman characters and match up to the character card they would be more than serviceable. I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that that would be one of the best purchases I could make with my money regarding fan-modeled materials like these!

Regardless, keep being awesome. These are seriously great work, and I will have to check back when you are finished with things and get my hands on some myself! Thanks!

Have just ordered my Crown of Command.

That Sentinel is AMAZING. :wub:

Never mind using it in the game, thats going on my display shelf.

Can I order one now??

Have just ordered my Crown of Command.

That Sentinel is AMAZING. :wub:

Never mind using it in the game, thats going on my display shelf.

Can I order one now??

Hey, thanks for the order! I think I mentioned in a mail earlier that my printer broke down this morning, it should be fixed in the next couple of days but this has given me a bit of a backlog of orders.

Because of this I'm not able to finalise the Sentinel print right now. Once the printer is fixed and I've cleared the orders I'll resume work on the Sentinel and as soon as it's done it'll be up for sale in the shop.

The upside of the printing downtime is that I'm able to work on sculpting other board pieces!

Edited by Leavon

<cough>...and minis...</cough>

How about stranger adventure cards that hang around. A physical miniature for healer, instructor, Mage, sorcerer, witch etc or places like the cave, portal and market. So many options to consider

How about stranger adventure cards that hang around. A physical miniature for healer, instructor, Mage, sorcerer, witch etc or places like the cave, portal and market. So many options to consider

That's nice but doesn't really improve the game. I have possibly a better idea.

There are certain cards in talisman that have an instruction ordering anyone passing through that space to stop. This is usually difficult to remember so how about minis for those cards? That way you always know you will have to stop on that space.

Edited by Bludgeon

That's nice but doesn't really improve the game. I have possibly a better idea.

There are certain cards in talisman that have an instruction ordering anyone passing through that space to stop. This is usually difficult to remember so how about minis for those cards? That way you always know you will have to stop on that space.

Edited by Sithassassin

Rune gates, and other portals.

yup minis for me too and Dragon Kings :)

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I'm still looking at doing character miniatures, I'll be sending a revised version of the Exorcist to Shapeways tomorrow (the cross was too fragile on the original, something I need to bear in mind with the 28mm minis). If I'm happy with the result I'm going to either cast them myself or go through a caster depending on cost. This will enable me to sell them to you at a decent price and make a few quid myself, to buy directly from Shapeways would be £15 a mini not including shipping which is crazy for a 28mm mini and I make nothing on that so casting is definitely the way to go.

Meanwhile I'll continue developing board terrain, speaking of which here's the portal of power sculpt:

Portal%20render2.jpg?raw=1

EEEK ...Life just gets better. :o that is superb.

I'll have one of those as well please Mr Leavon.

You'll know when the postman is about to deliver this as he will be walking with a strange gate......

:)

Very nice. I might need to get those for our games. Right now I'm trying to see if anyone has made a vinyl game mat of the board with all 4 expansions, or having to make one so that setting up the game is easier.

The Portal rolled off the printer this morning and here it is for your perusal! I'm happy with the way it's turned out and it's now for sale as a print and a digital download from the store links below.

Print:

http://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store/!/Talisman-Portal-of-Power-3D-Print/p/73339761/category%3D21025004

Digital Download:

http://www.leavon.co.uk/online-store/!/Talisman-Portal-of-Power-DIGITAL-DOWNLOAD/p/73339762/category%3D21025006

portal%20print%201.jpg?raw=1

portal%20print%202.jpg?raw=1

portal%20print%203.jpg?raw=1

portal%20print%204.jpg?raw=1

Order placed. Whoop whoop!

Thanks Sithassasin! Glad you're enjoying the work!

My order has gone in today. Huzzah.

Will it be sent out with my crown of command?

My order has gone in today. Huzzah.

Will it be sent out with my crown of command?

Your Crown of command will be printed tomorrow, the Portal won't be printed till Tuesday so I can ship them both together on Wednesday, in which case I can refund your postage for the Crown of command.

Thats fantastic news.

Thanks Leavon, and thanks for all your hard work getting this off the ground. :)

I shall eagerly await the postie.

Ahh thanks very much! It's been a bit of an unexpected buzz to be honest, I had no idea that the models would get the warm reception that they have.

It's very gratifying.

As I've a 3d printer I can use I wanted to download the digital models but the page still asks for shipping adress and a £6 shipping cost. Can you please help me out with this..?

As I've a 3d printer I can use I wanted to download the digital models but the page still asks for shipping adress and a £6 shipping cost. Can you please help me out with this..?

Sorry a box was incorrectly ticked, should be working correctly now.

Still had to submit a delivery address but no shipping cost was charged. Order is placed anyway. Thank you.

<cough> yes, ... minis ... for more character options! </cough>

<cough> yes, ... minis ... for more character options! </cough>

The first mini has been shipped from Shapeways and should reach me on Tuesday! I'll post up pics when it arrives, I'm very excited :o