Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

Hi,

Basic Info:

Hardware: iPad Retina 64GB iOS 10.0.2

MoM2e App v 1.2.2(454) Mom2e Base Game Only.

Problems:

No audio plays during opening (Narrated sequence after assigning items to investigators) or closing sequences (upon completion of a scenario). Affects all scenarios. Volume is turned up and mute switch is set to off. Narration is enabled in options menu. Title sequence audio plays correctly, as do other in game sound effects (combat, mythos, placing room tiles, etc). Opening and closing audio sequences were observed to be narrated in v1.0 of app.

2. #################RISING TIDE SPOILERS#############

In Rising Tide (4 player w/ Rita, Agatha, Yorric, and Mateo): Othera Gilmen was tricked into checking her tea kettle (removed from board) in residential area several rounds before end of third story segment. After tailing her to the ritual site she appeared as the Child of Dagon, along with the Priest of Dagon, and two cultists. After monsters were placed, the human Gilmen (red bordered round token) appeared in her home at the opposite side of the map. Dialogue actions were present, however we did not interact with her since we were busy trying to stop her evil doppleganger from turning the town into deep one hybrids.

@Duganalexzander and previous posters, from the FFG MoM2 product page:

We’re aware of an audio issue affecting older devices running iOS 10.x. This is a Unity bug and causing music and narration files to not play. We intend to circumvent this bug in our next planned update (v1.2.3)

We’re aware of an audio issue affecting older devices running iOS 10.x. This is a Unity bug and causing music and narration files to not play. We intend to circumvent this bug in our next planned update (v1.2.3)

I'm also seeing this issue, and I'm also seeing it in Elder Signs: Omens too!

Just completed the monstrously long scenario, Rising Tide I think?

Try not to be spoilery in description of bug but,

The app referenced several named characters during the Mythos phase that it hadn't said to put on the board, and began spawning enemies without showing where to put them. The combination of the 2 basically turned into a game breaking bug, there was no way to end the scenario and in the end loads of enemies in the enemy tray on the app and no idea where they were supposed to be or even if they were supposed to be there!

Real shame especially after a 6 hour campaign with 5 of us playing!!

After the audio hotfix patch I now experience a similar bug on my iPad 3rd gen with iOS 8. Played the Innsmouth scenario yesterday and there was no voiceover on the intro.

Edited by AxBattler

I got a wireless mouse and after plugging the usb adaptor in my tablet EVERY single app works flawlessly using the mouse... except mansion's app... I can't get to click on anything so I can't just pass the mouse instead of passing the tablet as I planned. Has this happened to anyone else?

Scenario: Escape from Innsmouth

App: Steam v1.2.4 (496)

Played yesterday (4 Dec. 2016)

During the scenario, when the mob first appear, it quickly disappear from the board, as the app instructs us to remove it from the board. However, it is still in the monster drawer. Not sure if it is a bug, though.

Using the Suppressed Memories Expansion game Sentinel Hill we encountered either an app error or a gameplay error that left us stuck. While it is possible that the situation occurred due to player error (bad roll!), the game didn't really resolve the situation satisfactorily.

(Possible spoilers ahead for the Cult of Sentinel Hill scenario...)

Mac OS 10.12, Steam, Mansions V 1.2.4, Scenario Cult of Sentinel Hill

When we reached the final search token on Sentinel Hill, after solving the first puzzle the game told us we needed 3 pieces of evidence to play the final puzzle. We only had two pieces of evidence, and no more items or search tokens remained on the board. We were stuck, with no way to tell the game we needed more evidence. Whateley was gone, so we could not interact with him, either.

Earlier, a bad roll had caused an old book to disintegrate during a search. It is possible this would have been our third piece of evidence. I have no issues with suffering in-game due to bad rolls, but it seemed like an error to leave us without the possibility of finding another piece of evidence. Were we really meant to wander the board until The Dunwich Horror shambled along several turns later to kill us all?

I was surprised the game would lead us into a dead end.

This is more a suggestion than a bug or error.

The process of each room reveal has it describing each object as you place them. Sometime the text covers things and you miss things. We had this issue with the longest scenario when a number of npcs were suddenly being actioned but we hadn't seen where they were supposed to be placed. I think the scenario was Rising Tide - its a long one with a bunch of suspects you have to chase about questioning.

I suggest that the app show the room with all the tokens placed first with a continue button at the bottom. Once you place the tokens it can step around each one explaining what they are.

The app could also really do with a 'back' or 'undo' option.

Edited by Falconburger

Scenario: What lies within.

App: Steam v1.2.6 (548) (Polish version)

Played Today (Dec 21 2016)

It seems that the ending for the DLC is the same ending for the first scenario, because SPOILER ALERT In the DLC the Shoggoth ran away from the mansion, while the ending told you that the portal made by the cult destroyed the remains of the already shattered house, which is the ending for the first scenario.

I believe this is a bug, since the ending makes no sense with the cinematic one.

Got the app as an Amazon App. While the DLC is listed with a price and thus, I asumme, can be bought on an Amazon device (Fire HD tablet), it is listed as 'unavailable' on any other third-party android device when installed via Amazon Underground. Same problem exists with the The Delve DLC in the Descent: Road to Legend app.

Scenario: What lies within.

App: Steam v1.2.6 (548) (Polish version)

Played Today (Dec 21 2016)

It seems that the ending for the DLC is the same ending for the first scenario, because SPOILER ALERT In the DLC the Shoggoth ran away from the mansion, while the ending told you that the portal made by the cult destroyed the remains of the already shattered house, which is the ending for the first scenario.

I believe this is a bug, since the ending makes no sense with the cinematic one.

I came across the dame bug. Also, no voice-over during the outro text.

- what lies within dlc

- iOS 9.something on an iPad 2

Scenario: What Lies Within

App: OSX Steam (1.2.7)

OSX version: 10.11.6

I consider this to be a critical bug I have encountered twice now. When I have come to the final interaction token to place a statue in the "Lounge" area, I am unable to open the rune puzzle for that interaction token. When I click the interaction token, the dialogue opens and asks if I want to start the puzzle or cancel. Once I click to start the puzzle, the dialogue closes. If I try to click the token again, nothing else happens and the game is essentially broken at that point. I'm not sure if this would occur on whichever interaction token is the last to be chosen or if it is just the interaction token in the "Lounge" each time, but regardless this seems to be a blocker on this scenario right now.

Scenario: Rising Tide

App Steam/PC app v1.2.7(558)

Tile: Dock 1 or Dock 2 (can't remember)

A search token describes as a pile of fish appears. When you click on it however it just vanishes with now text or interaction. Checking the message log confirmed this as a bug as there was a blank box with no text in the log corresponding to when we click on the search token.

App: OSX Steam (app version 1.2.7)

Last Played: 12/25/2016

I have encountered what I believe to be a critical bug in the "What Lies Within" scenario.

This has occurred during both of my playthroughs of this scenario.

When I attempt to interact with the interaction token in the "Lounge" area during the final act of the scenario to place a statue there, I first click the token and receive the dialogue asking if I want to try to solve the rune puzzle. Once I confirm that I want to try to solve the puzzle, the dialogue closes and does not open the puzzle. If I click the token again, no dialogue opens again and the game is essentially broken at that point since I cannot move forward anymore beyond that point.

Both times I have played, the frozen token has been in the "Lounge"; therefore, it does not seem to matter if the token is the last token chosen or not.

Can you look into this issue asap since this scenario was a purchased scenario and I believe it is currently blocked.

SUBJECT: Unable to Continue from Saved Game

SCENARIO: Cycle of Eternity

VERSION: 1.2.7

SYSTEM: Windows 10 on a Surface Pro without keyboard attached, but not in tablet mode

PLAYERS: 2 (Minh Thi Phan and Father Mateo)

DESCRIPTION:

We played with the keyboard detached from the Surface, not switched to tablet mode for a few hours without issue. Shortly before the Priest of Dagon spawned, we noticed that we lost sound but kept playing. After solving the portal puzzle and having just increasing the solution count to the required number for the next puzzle, the game froze. Shortly after alt-tabbing out of the program, the entire system froze and we had to force reboot. Upon reboot, Windows performed some updates (which I mention because the freeze may have been due to MoM, Windows Update or something else entirely). Upon re-loading MoM and attempting to continue, the Confirm button has no effect.

Opening the Log file (8KB) at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\LocalLow\Fantasy Flight Games\Mansions of Madness Second Edition\SavedGame\Log, I noticed that the log file hadn't been updated for the last 30-45 minutes of gameplay. The last logged action is the UI_CONFIRM after an END_INVESTIGATOR_PHASE that took place immediately before the Mythos phase where the Priest of Dagon spawned. The GameData.dat (1KB) and MoM_SaveGame (35KBB) files have timestamps within a minute of the Log file.

We did not manually save, but rather relied on the auto-save functionality.

Any help continuing the saved game is appreciated.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS: Being able to create separate save files might help reduce the likelihood of corrupting the save file if only one is allowed. Also, providing some feedback to the user if the Log file cannot be written would be helpful for providing additional feedback in bug reports.

I have encountered what I believe to be a critical bug in the "What Lies Within" scenario.

When I attempt to interact with the interaction token in the "Lounge" area during the final act of the scenario to place a statue there, I first click the token and receive the dialogue asking if I want to try to solve the rune puzzle. Once I confirm that I want to try to solve the puzzle, the dialogue closes and does not open the puzzle. If I click the token again, no dialogue opens again and the game is essentially broken at that point since I cannot move forward anymore beyond that point.

Both times I have played, the frozen token has been in the "Lounge"; therefore, it does not seem to matter if the token is the last token chosen or not.

Can you look into this issue asap since this scenario was a purchased scenario and I believe it is currently blocked.

I can confirm this happened identically on an iPad; unable to interact with the Interact token in the lounge. Please investigate.

App: v1.2.7(558)

Steam Purchase

Scenario: Rising Tide

At the end we chose the wrong map for the ritual and monsters spawned, First 2 Deep Ones and they were killed, then Priest and Child of Dagon spawned and were killed. After that, monsters would spawn during Mythos phase but not show on the map where they were, no icon at all. They were listed in the monster tray and could be killed, but not visible on the map. So we fought a couple of invisible Deep One Hybrids and then decided to try again another day.

Julia, I don't know if this thread is still being monitored but I had a progress blocking bug on the Steam version of the new scenario (What lies within?).

I played this scenario on two player and the mythos phase crashed after a certain point in the scenario. The map was the one using all tile sets. I saw rooms from nearly every set I believe.
SPOILERS: We were taking too long to get to the cellar and, presumably, the monster escaped via the backyard. One player had his vision merged with the alien entity during the mythos phase and then during the beginning of the investigator phase the Root Cellar and the Greenhouse tiles were revealed. Due to having not explored in that direction yet, both were place before the connecting rooms were placed (maybe this had something to do with the bug?). After those tiles showed up, no more mythos phases ever activated. We had only 1 of the keys (the silver key) and had previously held the puzzle box (but it had been solved already at the point of the crash).
At that point, no enemies or mythos events spawned and there was clearly a "hidden timer" under the hood that never went off despite us going something like 12 turns beyond when the mythos stopped. In all honesty, we probably would have lost soon after we heard the thing out in the yard (I still don't know what it was).
Very odd, and after having spent my $5 was a very disappointing end to a scenario my friend and I were very much enjoying.
Edited by Soakman

It's still monitored. Thanks for reporting the bug :)

I can confirm this happened identically on an iPad; unable to interact with the Interact token in the lounge. Please investigate.

I can confirm this aswell.

App: OSX Steam (1.2.7)

OSX version: 10.11.6

I consider this to be a critical bug I have encountered twice now. When I have come to the final interaction token to place a statue in the "Lounge" area, I am unable to open the rune puzzle for that interaction token. When I click the interaction token, the dialogue opens and asks if I want to start the puzzle or cancel. Once I click to start the puzzle, the dialogue closes. If I try to click the token again, nothing else happens and the game is essentially broken at that point. I'm not sure if this would occur on whichever interaction token is the last to be chosen or if it is just the interaction token in the "Lounge" each time, but regardless this seems to be a blocker on this scenario right now.

Got exactly the same! Happend to me twice now. Im on the android mobile version and was playing with 4 investigators

Please fix as currently there is no way i can win the scenario.

Thanks

Some weird stuff. Until last patch, the scenarios dearly departed and cult of sentinel hill are perfectly playable in Portuguese (minus the intro), now have the text in polish with the Portuguese language selected. And some tip - portugués its the spelling in spanish, the correct one it's "português".

Edited by kraisto

We just had this bug too on the iPad mini. So sad, as that was the only puzzle left to solve.

I can confirm this aswell.