Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

Scenario: 10:50 to Arkham

App version 1.7.0 on iPad.

My investigator used a ladder to get on the roof of the train. They failed the skill test and the app text said:

”You scan the dark of night around you but spot the shadow descending on you too late. A dark mass slams into you and you tumble down the ladder you were heading for with the creature. Place your figure in a space with another interact token. Then place a [random flying monster] in your space.”

I nominated a Hunting Horror to place but there was then no monster listed in the monsters tab so I couldn’t fight it. I just put it back in the box and carried on.

Also, the same game said I’d found the incriminating evidence unique item twice. I nominated another evidence card to gain and carried on.

Scenario: 10:50 to Arkham
Version: unsure the number- but it was current on Sunday December 9, 2018 as of 8pm AST as it updated prior to being played

Two problems were encountered during our regular Sunday night Mansions game night:
#1 is just as "Nighthawk101" up above posted: My buddy chose to use a ladder to climb on top of the moving train and we were met with the prompt:
”You scan the dark of night around you but spot the shadow descending on you too late. A dark mass slams into you and you tumble down the ladder you were heading for with the creature. Place your figure in a space with another interact token. Then place a [random flying monster] in your space.”
Naturally we couldn't include any monster since the game chooses the stats and such for it.

#2 is that content from "Beyond the Threshold" expansion is disabled (since I don't have that expansion) but I enabled all other expansions as we have them. While running the "10:50 to Arkham" (same game session problem #1 occurred in), my character found the "Enchanted Blade" common item- but this is an item from Beyond the Threshold and was nowhere to be found in our game (we ended up finding a picture of the item card posted on an external site so it wasn't the end of the world at the time, but others may not think of that solution).

Scenario: I-ll Fated Exhibit
Version: Updated 01.01.2019

At the end of the scenario, a Formless Spawn appeared. All Combat, Evade and Horror checks related to this monster had PLACEHOLDER text.

Scenario: Affects all scenarios where the Formless Spawn appears. Sooo spoopy.

Version:1.7.0

spoopy.thumb.png.54689189c4ddc24b1c18c6ac309f1713.png

Scenario: 1 0:50 to Arkham

Version:1.7.0

Bladed weapon spawned on platform - fine. Later, the app asked us to place the same item on caboose.

Scenario: Gates of Silverwood Manor

Board Layout: It only happens when the Hall Entry tile form Beyond the Threshold is the starting tile and he attic is the first tile when the board is cleared.

The option to help Officer Mori does not have the symbol showing it requires and action

935199079_webbug.png.6b22c6cc804839d791c168d64d343f32.png

I also found that when the door with the arm handle unlocks it will highlight the wrong door. I have only experienced this with the same board layout above and the door with the arm handle leads to the bedroom.

Edited by Vazzucious

App. Version 1.7.1 (Android 8.0.0)

Crashes without initialize.

Since last update, the app doesn't work.

1.7.1 Amazon

All of my purchased DLC is gone.

Is there a way to relink the purchase?

UPDATE: I figured out how to restore in-app purchases. Go into your app settings and click on the MoM app. Clear cache. Then clear data. Open the app while connected online and the in-app purchases have been restored.

Edited by [Gamemaster]
User fix.

Scenario: Dark Reflections

Version:1.7.1

Failed the scenario and was giving the wrong ending. The ending given involved someone named Delphinia and dealt with elixirs. It wasn't a scenario I recognized, so I'm not sure which one it was swapped with.

Welp. App won't even get to the home screen.

When Loading the app, it shows the FFG splash screen, then a black "Loading Assets..." screen. Not long after, the app crashes to my homescreen. Occasionally I'll get the crows cawing, and the music that should be playing over the game's main menu playing under the crash notification.

If I cut off my phone's wifi/data the Loading Assets screen eventually moved on to "Downloading additional assets. Please wait." but shortly after, crashes anyway.

I have tried reinstalling, restarting my phone, and clearing the app's cache and data in various combinations to no avail. Until this app kicks in all I've got a box of drink coasters and disappointment. Has anyone had this issue before? Advice?

Using Android 8.0.0 on a Motorola Z2 Play, app version 1.7.1 from the Google Play Store.

Edited by Lance Banson
Adding info I forgot

Scenario: Dark Reflections

Verison: 1.7.1(745)

Tileset: Tentacles only.

Two issues (one already mentioned a while ago)...

1. At one point the Hunting Horror (the only monster) was referenced in a Mythos event as "the monster", and the result was I had to move "the investigator and the monster one space towards Hunting Horror).
  2. After entering the Attic, I was in the Entry Hall, and opened a door on the right which lead me to the Dining Room. At the top I was asked to add an explore token, but there was already a tile past that door (with an explore token), leading to Interior Hall.
    When, in the Interior Hall, I used an action to clear that explore token, it asked me to add the Dining Room tile, and add the explore token at the top (leading to the room I had just entered).

Other than that, an enjoyable scenario. Apart from the horror, of course.

Platform: Steam (PC)

More a visual glitch than anything that impacts gameplay, but I've played through a few scenarios now where the 'Puzzle Complete' message that appears after solving a slide tile puzzle is notably skewed. The bottom-left corner of the puzzle stays "lit up" in color while the rest of the screen darkens, said portion fragments into multiple, smaller squares, and the arrow that frames the success message clips through the background graphic. Might be caused by my particular graphical settings? I've been running the app at a 1920x1080 resolution.

Scenario: Cycle of Eternity, Horrific Journeys variant

Language: Italian

Platform: Android

Version: 1.7.1(826)

Tileset: Tentacle+Train

During the "Cycle of Eternity" scenario, we got the new map variants (Vanderbilt yatch and new house). Sadly the app keep mixing the languages into the dialogue box

All the descriptions alternate between English/Italian, and makes the narrative and set up confusing

Language option is in Italian IMG_20190318_143713.thumb.jpg.156caf8090b59ad5034b920084c4b337.jpg

IMG_20190318_144951.thumb.jpg.5e83aab930f9985f89939cdc18453eb2.jpg

Edited by andrens
On 2/23/2019 at 12:22 PM, Lance Banson said:

When Loading the app, it shows the FFG splash screen, then a black "Loading Assets..." screen. Not long after, the app crashes to my homescreen. Occasionally I'll get the crows cawing, and the music that should be playing over the game's main menu playing under the crash notification.

If I cut off my phone's wifi/data the Loading Assets screen eventually moved on to "Downloading additional assets. Please wait." but shortly after, crashes anyway.

I have tried reinstalling, restarting my phone, and clearing the app's cache and data in various combinations to no avail. Until this app kicks in all I've got a box of drink coasters and disappointment. Has anyone had this issue before? Advice?

Using Android 8.0.0 on a Motorola Z2 Play, app version 1.7.1 from the Google Play Store.

Same issue that the app v1.7.1 crashes and never gets past 'Loading assets'. Using Android 8.1.0 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2017.9

Laptop Win 10

Reinstalled the app twice...still crushes..

Funny thing happened, im using a Polish version of the app, at 8am i see that the last DLC is translated, and also HJ too....but theres no official update...since then app crushes

Where can i sent the crash report?

On 2/23/2019 at 1:22 PM, Lance Banson said:

Having same issues reported to Google play.

Scenario: The twilight diadem

Players: 3 (Ashcan Pete, Rita Young, Dexter Drake)

Bug: Door to the bank on street 2 appears impossible to open. Tested on two run throughs on turns one and two. Nearest sight token was explored turn one on all occasions.

Platform: iOS (iPad).

Mission: Murder on the Stargazer Majestic

We just "finished" Murder on the Stargazer Majestic & encountered a game breaking bug at the end that made us unable to win:

<spoiler>

When the murderer was revealed, I went into the engine room & completed the puzzle before killing the murderer. After that, we could not do anything other than click through the phases & wait for the airship to crash, despite having "won" by killing the bad guy & fixing the engines.

From what I have read elsewhere, if you do the puzzle first, it causes it to have the bug.

Edit: We have just beaten the murderer first & then done the puzzle with the same results.

</spoiler>

Thanks,

Jim.

Edited by DMG

Platform: iOS

Device: iPad

when playing Hidden depths and there are two Deep One Hybrids present the second one doesn't get the information reg the NPC that is also a deep one hybrid

Edited by Gutripper
On 1/4/2019 at 3:10 AM, Ralzar said:

Scenario: I-ll Fated Exhibit
Version: Updated 01.01.2019

At the end of the scenario, a Formless Spawn appeared. All Combat, Evade and Horror checks related to this monster had PLACEHOLDER text.

I guess the stat block was formless, keeping with the theme

Platform: PC version 1.7.4

Scenario: What Lies Within

Just downloaded yesterday and tried tonight for the first time. No story text or flavor text, just placeholders. For instance, entrance hall only identified as S_TILE and the first search token appeared only with the text S_MURDER. When the cat disappeared, the text read only S_CAT_OUT_AHEAD. Log listed the same placeholder text. Tried restarting scenario and the laptop with no improvement. Tried Cycles of Eternity and it was fine.

Behind closed doors scenario

Android one mi A2 lite

Witch is instructed to move into range then attack an investigtor in its space. Options can have unresolvable outcomes.

1566656557713.jpg

Scenario : Rising Tide

App version: v1.7.4(849)

Problem: After dispelling the ritual, completing the investigation, the ending cutscene is not voice-acted. Replicated twice back-to-back.

Restarting the app didn't solve the problem either.

Altered Fates scenario

Android- multiple devices all maps

The code for the safe containing the golden key sometimes does not match the clues given: e.g shied (1314 )statues on arms (4)

The code you need to input can be e.g first two numbers of the shield then e.g number of statues on house arms. (134)

Or it can be first two numbers on shield combined second two numbers on shield combined then e.g number of statues of house arms. (454)

The clue for the code is quite clear and the answer sometimes does not match. If you close the app and restart the round it then seems to accept correct code per clue.

Iv discoverd this though alot of frustration and trial and error, alot of people probley got stuck trying to open the safe they likely thought they missed something but it's definatley a bug since it can right itself if you restart the app!!!

Please have a quick look into this and you will see what I mean.

Screenshot_20190817-192141.jpg

On 6/30/2019 at 3:57 AM, DMG said:

Platform: iOS (iPad).

Mission: Murder on the Stargazer Majestic

We just "finished" Murder on the Stargazer Majestic & encountered a game breaking bug at the end that made us unable to win:

<spoiler>

When the murderer was revealed, I went into the engine room & completed the puzzle before killing the murderer. After that, we could not do anything other than click through the phases & wait for the airship to crash, despite having "won" by killing the bad guy & fixing the engines.

From what I have read elsewhere, if you do the puzzle first, it causes it to have the bug.

Edit: We have just beaten the murderer first & then done the puzzle with the same results.

</spoiler>

Thanks,

Jim.

Same bug on Steam. <spoiler>Fixed the engines, killed the bad guy. Ship crashed. I think the bug goes deeper. The bad guy didn't even do anything during the mythos phases, other than cause us to perform the horror checks. No flavor text or anything. </spoiler>

Edited by tyberius
more information