Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

Version 1.4.1 for Windows:

Astral Alchemy Scenario; we found three minor bugs in the scenario as we played through it last night. I had all add-ons selected and the version we got of the map included a few 'tentacle' tiles one being the Lobby.

1). In the scenario version that we played, the library tile and the Classroom 1 tile were both in the layout. My version of the game I received had these tokens on the opposite sides of the same tile, so we had to substitute a tile with similar spaces to lay out the map.

2). There was a dialogue option with Professor Smith when you asked him if he'd seen anything strange where he got upset with you and you had to make a test of some sort and enter in your number of successes. The skill symbol was missing from the test. We used influence because we were in a dialogue, but are not sure if that's correct as the symbol was missing.

3). We only had one turn in which Professor Smith (now a cultist as we only got 2 successes on the test in (2) above which I'm assuming affects the result of what happens to Smith) actually was on the board. During that turn, when there were horror checks, clicking on the cultist in the enemy tab would NOT pull up a horror test dialogue. Before this test, we had done a horror test against a Mi-go in the same turn, if that matters and we had already given Delphinia the Sample in a previous turn (but no other ingredients for the concoction).

Potentially relevant information: 3 players, using Marie/Diana/Finn.

I hope that helps. Let me know if there's any other info that we might need.

Edited by Soakman
typos

Me too: 1). In the scenario version that we played, the library tile and the Classroom 1 tile were both in the layout. My version of the game I received had these tokens on the opposite sides of the same tile, so we had to substitute a tile with similar spaces to lay out the map. I used the Street of Arkham Lobby title as replacement

Potentially relevant information: 4 players, using Tommy/Diana/Jenny and Mihn

v1.4.2
Ill-fated Exhibit
Windows 10
2017-11-20

Missing ability icon in text description. Spoiler ahead:
"The body of one of the museum's security guards lies on the floor next to a marble statue of the museum's founder. Place a Search token as indicated. Then suffer 1 facedown horror ( negates)"

The Innsmouth Scenario (and have experienced it in other scenarios as well) where you enter the store. You are prompted to place a barricade but after that its not visible/clickable on the app. Think you are supposed to be able to use an action to push it to block a door ?

23 hours ago, Saldan said:

The Innsmouth Scenario (and have experienced it in other scenarios as well) where you enter the store. You are prompted to place a barricade but after that its not visible/clickable on the app. Think you are supposed to be able to use an action to push it to block a door ?

That'd be no bug, that is how the App works. - It tells you where to place a barricade, but the rest is one of the things that have to be managed by the players, like items on tiles etc.

Version 1.4.3 for Windows:

Astral Alchemy Scenario; we found a very disappointing scenario breaking bug.

There was suppose to be an explore token placed in one of the rooms to get to new areas of the map but it never appeared on the app to click. One of the components needed to beat the game was in this unreachable part of the map. Even thought the game mentioned the tile should be there (when enemies caused us to move away from it) there was no button to click as stated.

The map we had started with the yard 1 tile with the lab directly north, the explore token was suppose to be connected to the classroom 3 tile, but never appeared on the map. The missing component was powder.

save and quitting as well as restarting the app did nothing to help.

After introducing this game to 4 other friends, we spent 4 hours only to realize this bug stopping us from progressing. very disappointing and I doubt they will play this game with me ever again :(.

I know this will be a vague post, but bear with me.

We started the Rising Tide mission. At one point the game said "This mythos event affects the investigator... ect. ect." And then it just skipped right to the Horror Checks. When I went back into the Message Log to see what was skipped, there was literally an empty text box.

On a windows 7 computer playing on steam

Mansions of Madness V1.4.3
On Dearly Departed using Jenny Barnes and Darrell Simmons, I have had two references on the same turn referencing the 'bathroom' but i have no bathroom tiles revealed on the map.
A maniac attacked me and it knocked my character one space away from the bathroom.
The riot also appeared on the graveyard tile and was instructed to move 2 spaces towards the bathroom.

I just played 4th scenario (Rising tide) of Mansions of Madness 2nd edition on steam. I played CZECH language version and I lost at the end of game. The written text of epilog was OK, but sound didn't match the text.

UPDATE: Today we played the same scenarion (Rising tide) and we won. Again in CZECH language. The written text of epilog was OK, but sound was in english language.

Edited by NAVi13
update

iPad Air 2, updatet app

Ill-fated exhibit (spoilers!)

Consulting the incriminating evidence shows other information than those I got from NPCs. Example: Drew told me that one of the artifacts was found on 7th August, but consulting the incriminating evidence in the app shows that Drew told me that that artifact was found in the well. Similar bug spotted in case of some other NPC related messages.

Ill-fated Exhibit from Streets of Arkham.

The curator says that you have full reign to explore the museum.

Reign is misspelled as "rein."

1 hour ago, [Gamemaster] said:

Ill-fated Exhibit from Streets of Arkham.

The curator says that you have full reign to explore the museum.

Reign is misspelled as "rein."

Rein is correct, as in the reins that control a horse. If you have free rein (full is valid too) it means you have more freedoms like a horse where the rider doesn't hold the reins too tightly.

Reign is rulership, sounds right in context, but isn't actually the correct phrase.

17 hours ago, neosmagus said:

Rein is correct, as in the reins that control a horse. If you have free rein (full is valid too) it means you have more freedoms like a horse where the rider doesn't hold the reins too tightly.

Reign is rulership, sounds right in context, but isn't actually the correct phrase.

You are correct. Apparently, it is a very common error as I found here https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/03/26/rein-or-reign/

You learn something new everyday.

On 12/23/2017 at 0:51 AM, Alexrom789 said:

Version 1.4.3 for Windows:

Astral Alchemy Scenario; we found a very disappointing scenario breaking bug.

There was suppose to be an explore token placed in one of the rooms to get to new areas of the map but it never appeared on the app to click. One of the components needed to beat the game was in this unreachable part of the map. Even thought the game mentioned the tile should be there (when enemies caused us to move away from it) there was no button to click as stated.

The map we had started with the yard 1 tile with the lab directly north, the explore token was suppose to be connected to the classroom 3 tile, but never appeared on the map. The missing component was powder.

save and quitting as well as restarting the app did nothing to help.

After introducing this game to 4 other friends, we spent 4 hours only to realize this bug stopping us from progressing. very disappointing and I doubt they will play this game with me ever again :(.

Came here to report this same issue although it was using app version 1.4.3 on Android 5.1.1. Bug happened in exactly the same location with exactly the same layout (Yard 1 > Lab > Classroom). Scenario is unfinishable in this variation of Astral Alchemy when it occurs.

Android, scenario "Dearly Departed" (not sure which version, the one that was up to date on january 7): At some point we had a Mythos event that seemed to be referencing two tiles, but in both cases it said "Backyard" (like in "do something in Backyard and Backyard". We think that one of those Backyards should be the Graveyard.

I can give the precise text if that is needed (but I won't right now, because I am not sure whether that is seen as a spoiler for other people).

iPad Air 2

ios 11.2.1

I just bought this game and have installed the app on my iPad. It sits there loading for just under 3 mins. Eventually the intro screen comes up with Reminder 1 written across the top and when I touch the screen the app closes.

This happens every time. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled but the same thing happens. I tried installing the app on my iPhone X and it works fine but I don’t want to play the game with my iPhone.

Any help would be appreciated

Astral Alchemy Scenario, android v1.4.3(726)

Across multiple plays of this scenario the incorrect classroom was referenced. So if we placed Classroom 3 later an event would affect classroom 2 (all the lights go out). Another time the event happened in Classroom 3 but Classroom 1 was the one on the map.

Rising Tide. iPad on iOS 10.3.3

App v.1.4.3(725)

Completed the investigation and got the closing narrative but with no sound. Kinda spoiled the successes atmosphere. ? Fantastic scenario though , loved it.

Edited by Nighthawk101

There are doors on the outside of the house (board) and no walls placed. Is this a bug?

The scenario is "Cycle of Eternity".

IMG_0151.jpg

Edited by BmlCom

I have a feature question. I would love to review the log of the latest play a MoM scenario.

Sometimes I think that there is a bug in the app and it could be a rules error I made. Most sessions of MoM end late at night and the next day I'm wondering how things went and where the error was made. I'm not able to review the gameplay from the app anymore, because we ended the scenario.

We were playing the new Astral Academy, and one player was trying to open the door from the classroom door to the room with the black powder (east side of the ALchemist's Lab) and when we clicked on it nothing happened. We tried many times and had to eventually save the game and close down the program. When we signed back in the door could open BUT one of the monsters that had been on the board was no longer being tracked. We didn't complain about that....

On 2018/01/20 at 1:22 PM, BmlCom said:

There are doors on the outside of the house (board) and no walls placed. Is this a bug?

The scenario is "Cycle of Eternity".

IMG_0151.jpg

No, there's not always enough walls to cover all the doors, so the app will never put walls over doors that don't go anywhere. If there isn't a room on the other side and no explore token, then there's nothing to do with that door.

What Lies Within on iPad. iOS 10.3.3

App version. 1.4.4.(746)

When the app instructed me to place the Ballroom tile it asked me to place an explore token on the West door , which I did. After exploring the East door first and the subsequent phases that followed , I returned to the Ballroom to explore the West door but the explore token in the app was gone. So I had to waste movement actions to go back through the Lobby and go round a longer way. Is this a bug or did one of the mythos phases change it which I simply missed ?

Also for the final task of placing the 4 statues the one in the Lounge gave me this message "FINALE_INTERACT_PLACED" instead of the contextual instructions on how to attempt the puzzle and which skill to use.

Edited by Nighthawk101

I too have experienced the vanishing door in Astral Academy. We were using the latest version of the app via Steam. It gave us the scenario that had the classroom as outlined in previous posts.

Mansions of madness app 1.4.4

mono sound issue.

I run on a Apple IPad Pro 2017 model, iOS 11.2.5, Sony X900E tv, Apple TV 4k 11.2.5.

When I run the app and then screen mirror to my Apple TV 4k which is hooked up to my TV via HDMI. I only get mono from this app. The tv uses HDMI ARC to send audio back to my Onkyo surround receiver (5.1).

Basically all the sound comes out my center speaker and nothing at all from any of my other speakers. This is running in Dolby pro logic mode. I can force it to use my front left and right via direct mode but both channels are playing the exact same sounds.

If I change nothing exept switch to the Descent road to legend app I get stereo and then the Dolby pro logic surround works.

I believe the MoM app is for some reason not stereo. Or there is some incompatibility with apple air play or screen mirroring and the audio. I haven’t tried analogue via the headphone jack as a test.

It works fine in descent so it cant be my audio setup. Please look into this.

Edited by oldtimer