Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

[bUG] What Lies Within: Mythos Phase

Board Game with IPad App: App version 1.2.7; IPad IOS version 10.1.1

So we ran into a bug with this scenario where the end monster didn't spawn. It was 2 player. The map was the one that included Hallway Tile 5 (seem to get that map a lot). We didn't explore the two tiles North of the Bedroom (I believe it was the Greenhouse and Root Cellar) but had entry to the Generator room trying to speak to the ghost old man. The two unexplored tiles became visible, but each Mythos phase had nothing occur. No horror checks, no monster spawns. So we were able to get the Grotesque stones and place them with the next 4 turns with nothing occurring in the Mythos Phases.

Anyone else see this happen?

App: OSX Steam (app version 1.2.7)

Last Played: 12/25/2016

Scenario: What Lies Within

I have encountered what I believe to be a critical bug in the "What Lies Within" scenario.

This has occurred during both of my playthroughs of this scenario.

When I attempt to interact with the interaction token in the "Lounge" area during the final act of the scenario to place a statue there, I first click the token and receive the dialogue asking if I want to try to solve the rune puzzle. Once I confirm that I want to try to solve the puzzle, the dialogue closes and does not open the puzzle. If I click the token again, no dialogue opens again and the game is essentially broken at that point since I cannot move forward anymore beyond that point.

Both times I have played, the frozen token has been in the "Lounge"; therefore, it does not seem to matter if the token is the last token chosen or not.

Can you look into this issue asap since this scenario was a purchased scenario and I believe it is currently blocked.

We had the same problem. Played the scenario again on my own and confirmed it happened exactly the same.

FYI, the What Lies Within critical bug regarding nothing happening when placing the Lounge Statue was fixed by this week's patch (at least fixed on an iPad Mini, that is). When I continued the game, it took me right to the puzzle that wouldn't have come up (the ending is pretty appropriate). Good luck!

Just updated the app on my iPad Pro (iOS 10.1.1) and went to continue a scenario we started last night (the first one, I just bought the game last weekend), and now it won't render the map. Shows only one room, the orientation is off, and I can see Search and Explore tokens out in the blackness around the single tile. When I zoom I see flickering on the single room tile, as if the other tiles are superimposed.

Scenario: Dearly Departed

Starting Tile: Old Well

Device: Kindle Fire

App text requests Storage Shed (Key Icon) but the physical tile is Old Orchard/Abandoned Shack (Moon Icon)

BVuIkGG.jpg

VhN5UKR.jpg

Edited by Locksheon

Scenario: Vengeful Impulses

App: Steam OSX

This same bug occurred on 2 different layouts of Vengeful Impulses. When asking Leland about his work and stating that you are interested in acquiring something, the text produced is...

""Well then, I am sure we could come to some understanding. You should come by my office tomorrow. Bruce Darzi was in there just the other day asking about my wares, and I will tell you what I said then: I have the best selection in five states. Come by, and I will give you the tour" Gain 1 clue."

But then hitting continue causes the following text to appear...

""Well then, I am sure we could come to some understanding. You should come by my office tomorrow. May Nguyen was in there just the other day asking about my wares, and I will tell you what I said then: I have the best selection in five states. Come by, and I will give you the tour" Gain 1 clue."

Both times we ignored the second text and clue since it does not make sense for him to say the same thing twice and gain 2 clues. But it does raise the question of what you are meant to learn (if anything) from this interaction.

Found another one the other day.

Scenario: What Lies Within

Starting Tile: Entry Hall

Device: Kindle Fire

App text requests Root Cellar (Tentacle Icon) and Tool Shed (Tentacle Icon)

YwKFBrc.jpg
But the tiles are actually Root Cellar (Key Icon)

Edited by Locksheon

Found this.

Examining the conservatory and opening secret passage gives you the Cult Journal Unique Item but shows the common item back instead.

http://i.imgur.com/1bPCx4s.jpg

I also noticed a bug after opening the secret passage from the conservatory into the basement. Once in the basement the search that would open the secret path(if it hasn't already found) reset and granted the same items as if I had not opened it from the conservatory. I was able to recreate this but it only happens if you save and exit in between those searches.

Edited by Vazzucious

Another bug which has spoilt my first play of a scenario. I’m really disappointed =[

Vengeful Impulses

App version: v1.3.1 (566)

Map layout – North to south along the east side of the house – Library > Kitchen > Dining Room

Before the lights went out we had not yet discovered the library. When the lights came back on the ‘people’ tokens were replaced in the various rooms but May Nguyen (who was our suspect) was not put on the board (we assumed she must be in the unexplored library). Bruce was put in the Dining Room.

We then explored to reveal the library, but instruction said to put Bruce (who was already in the dining room) in the library – but his token on the app remained in the Dining Room.

Therefore Nguyen was not anywhere on the map, and we couldn’t accuse her of the murder.

It seems like this bug appears when not all the ‘main’ rooms are revealed before the lights are turned back on? (Maybe under more specific circumstances).

Scenario: What Lies Within. Four investigators: Joe Diamond, Kate Winthrop, Jenny Barnes and Mandy Thompson.

Device: Steam app v1.3.1 (568) on laptop (Windows 10).

Bugs:

1) When the ghost is vanquished in the cellar and finally consents to give access to the statues in the box, the app shows on which tiles the different interact tokens must be placed as well as where the secret passageway's entrances must be located. Problem: the screen was very dark and we couldn't see the tiles. Only once the game resumed could we see where the Interact tokens were located... but not the secret passage.

2) We didn't manage to stop the Star Spawn (we didn't resolve the four puzzles in time, just two of them before the Spawn reached the exit). Yet, during the Mythos phase when we clicked on "The Star Spawn reaches the exit", the app launched an ending sequence... which looked like we won.

I thought this bug had already been fixed since I bought the scenario just today (29 Jan. 2017).

Regards.

Edited by Mattboggan

I have installed the latest MoM version 1.3.1 app on both my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10.2 and Android tablet with Android version 5.0. I have played the Cycle of Eternity module on both. Unfortunately, both the iPhone and Android tablet apps exhibit the same problem of not being able to properly load the last saved game. Upon loading a saved game, all map tiles appear to be stacked on top of each other instead of being laid out adjacent to one another. I can see search, sight, explore, and bookshelf tokens that seem to be located in areas outside of these stacked tiles in black empty space which I presume might be their correct locations if the map tiles were laid out properly instead of being stacked. The app is still responsive and I’m able to zoom in and out and pan around in all directions but I just can't play the game without the map tiles being drawn properly.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the app taken on my iPhone and a picture of the app running on the Android tablet showing the same problem.

I tried a couple of things to get the app to layout the tiles again but nothing helped:

• Restarting the app and reloading

• Ending the Investigator’s Phase, and hoping the game would fix itself
  • Reciting incantations that suddenly formed in my mind

Is there any workaround for this issue? Otherwise, this really will be a Mansion of Madness for me because it's borderline insanity to play for 2 hours and expect your save game to work and then find it doesn't.

Will a fix be issued to resolve the saved game issue so that I can play my saved game? Or, should I expect that my saved game will never work again and start a new game?

ipad.jpg

android-tablet.png

Love the game!

I ran into a bug in Shattered Bonds.

Board Game with IPad App: App version 1.3.2; IPad IOS version 10.0.2

Investigators: Jenny, Michael and Dexter. While in the Lounge (second floor) in the SW corner of the room (in the space with the bell), explored heading toward the west. When activating the explore token, the room revealed was the Dining Room, which is actually on the first floor, just west of the lobby. So I decided to try the explore token a second time (the "button" was still available, it hadn't disappeared from the screen) just to see what happened and this time it revealed the Office, which was obviously the "correct" room. I simply played on but the problem remaining was that now the Dining Room is (incorrectly) revealed and additionally the explore token which was supposed to allow entrance to the Dining Room from the lobby to the east was no longer available. (That didn't matter for purposes of game play as I lost shortly thereafter).

Edited by Schmiegel
wrong scenario initially referenced

Looks like I have the same issue as user visigoth2112 with saved game loading, where all tiles are displayed on top of eachother after loading the saved game and new explored tiles just appear on top of the other tiles. Also the orientation of the tiles is wrong. Looks like they are in some default orientation at a 0,0 position on the map? All tokens do appear in their right positions.

App version: 1.3.2

Scenario: Cycle of Eternity

Savegame was made somewhere in december, after we played for 1.5 hours before saving. The app updated in the meantime. This is also the first time ever that I used the save feature so I don't know if this is scenario specific. It is frustrating though. I tried saving and loading again, exiting the app inbetween but everything to no avail.

Bought game yesterday, installed Android app today but it crashes on start with the attached message. Is it my tablet or general problem?

I successfully started the app the other day before I got the game..

Studio_20170215_144917.jpg

1 hour ago, amorbavian said:

Bought game yesterday, installed Android app today but it crashes on start with the attached message. Is it my tablet or general problem?

I successfully started the app the other day before I got the game..

Studio_20170215_144917.jpg

Did you do all the typical reboot, uninstall and reinstall? What tablet are you using?

1 hour ago, LordPyrex said:

Did you do all the typical reboot, uninstall and reinstall? What tablet are you using?

I did and it still didn't work. But now it suddenly does so we'll see.. With that message I'm sure it's something with the tablet/other apps. I'm on Tab S2 from Samsung with all the newest updates.

App Version: 1.3.2(573)

When playing with 2 Investigators, we were able to interact with the office door before the dinner bell rung. This resulted in the butler telling us how sorry he was for not being able to turn the lights back on and please could we find mr. Carvey. The app mentions that the butler appears somewhere, but still shows him in the entrance hall.

However, since dinner has not yet started, both the butler and mr. Carvey can be found and interacted with in the entrance hall. In order to not break the narrative, we did not further interact with the office at that point, but after dinner is supposed to start and mr. Carvey goes missing the butler doesn't spawn on the board, so now there is now way to interact with him. We broke off the scenario at this point, had been fun to begin with :/

On 20/12/2016 at 11:58 PM, Falconburger said:

This is more a suggestion than a bug or error.

The process of each room reveal has it describing each object as you place them. Sometime the text covers things and you miss things. We had this issue with the longest scenario when a number of npcs were suddenly being actioned but we hadn't seen where they were supposed to be placed. I think the scenario was Rising Tide - its a long one with a bunch of suspects you have to chase about questioning.

I suggest that the app show the room with all the tokens placed first with a continue button at the bottom. Once you place the tokens it can step around each one explaining what they are.

The app could also really do with a 'back' or 'undo' option.

These are exactly the two points I came here to mention.

On smartphones at least, token placement is regularly covered by the text, and when you click too quickly on a text box, you can't go back to read what you missed... and it's not always reported in the diary.

For the text covering, tokens could be shown separately from the text, or better yet, if it was possible to scroll the map under the textbox..?

Great game nevertheless ! :D

Yeah, token placements sometimes fail because of out of view positions. This has been mentioned before, but it can't hurt to mention it again. Especially since it's a nonintrustive feature/fix that can only get better.

In additon, letting the player scroll the map freely while the dialogue is up so s/he can see what's behind it would work too or in additon to the suggested feature.

Edited by Aelitafrommars
59 minutes ago, Aelitafrommars said:

In additon, letting the player scroll the map freely while the dialogue is up so s/he can see what's behind it would work too or in additon to the suggested feature.

This so much, there are plenty of times that I want to be able to move he screen because of a dialogue box in the way.

On 15/02/2017 at 6:08 PM, amorbavian said:

I did and it still didn't work. But now it suddenly does so we'll see.. With that message I'm sure it's something with the tablet/other apps. I'm on Tab S2 from Samsung with all the newest updates.

So I played two days without issues and now same problem...

EDIT: It's an Android issue. Found a fix.

Edited by amorbavian

Scenario: Shattered Bonds

Starting Tile: Entry Hall

App Version: 1.3.2(573) - German Language

2. Shooting at a Goat Spawn with a gun: German text "Du zielst auf den Schwerpunkt des Gegners (Geschicklichkeit + 1). Das Monster erleidet Schaden in Höhe des Waffenschadens". English translation would be: “You’re aiming at (...) the enemy (dexterity+1). Monster suffers damage equal to weapon’s damage.”

So there is no condition how to pass the test. Or if the monster shall suffer damage equal to the test result, the translation is wrong.

Quirk found: Scrolling message log

Scrolling with a PC mouse wheel is painstakingly inert. It takes forever to get to the top of the page. It works on touch interfaces, but not mice.

Scenario: Rising Tides

Device: iPad Mini 4 (iOS 10.2.1)

Version: Latest as of Feb. 26, 2017

We were investigating the Pier. There was a pile of rotting fish with the Search token. I activated it, it gave me a brief message asking if I wanted to search it (for an action), I said yes, and the Search token disappeared with no message.

app android version

hardware tvbox

I have a big problem
Mom2 installing apps in all versions, in a TVBOX with Android version 5 and version 6, as soon as the application starts after the main screen animated mansion, appears a new pop-up warning that "this application requires the board game" I use a TV screen is not touch with a mouse and a regular keyboard, I have no ability to click and make disappear this screen to access the main menu, I can't play.

help me

need a x botton for close pop-up

sorry for my bad english

thx