Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

the android app doesn't work on my device: ferguson arriva 4K, android 5 powered sat tv tuner. never before net an app not working on it.

the app displays a screen saying:

"this application reqiures the board game mensions of madness second edition"

and nothing else happens no matter what I'm trying to do, click, scroll, go back or whatever else.

please help.

Hello team

still last friday, app (on steam) doesn't work due to an update...

In fact, system can't finish the download... even on restart, nor deleting history nor changing the download center, nor desinstalling steam....

App with Portuguese language installed and the scenario What Lies Within shows text in polish.

Mansions of Madness Steam version, all updates, expansions, and the DLC.

In Vengeful Impulses, the assistant of Carvey, (can't remember her name), appeared in the conservatory, but all her text referred to the library. "She pointed over at the book in the case..." and other similar text, even though the two rooms were on opposite sides. We found it very entertaining, but it really ruined the atmosphere.

Another minor issue is that after the lights came back on, we hadn't interacted with any of the objects (the lights went off, and the first player immediately stumbled onto the fusebox with his first action, and turned it on with the second). But when we interacted with one of the items (I think it might have been the medallion in the dining room), it said we had taken advantage of the dark.

Otherwise we really enjoyed it!

nevermind... wrong post...

Edited by Mosswalker
i was on the pot

Like Kraisto said, please translate the What lies within... I buy from steam but can't play it

CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR A CERTAIN UNCOMMON PATH OF CYCLE OF ETERNITY WITH BtT EXPANSION (Do not read if you don't have Beyond the Treshold or haven't discovered Easter Eggs in the first scenario with the expansion):

Using the latest version, 1.3.5(600). Related to the game itself, not my platform. Here it goes:

When you don't rescue Eugene, and you have BtT expansion, he transforms. You can delay killing the Hunting Horror, until after he transforms. If you kill the Hunting Horror after he transforms, he still will move as a butler. that short token appearence and him moving to the dining table should not appear, because he is either transformed or dead.

There is this error in the portuguese version, the innsmouth mission.

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-04 at 17.22.58.jpeg

I am subject to a very strange phenomenon on the Steam app for Windows, v 1.3.6, at the screen with the items required for the scenario, I get a blank background and no pictures. Any ideas please? Happens on all scenarios.

error.png

Edited by necro-1000

Dark Reflections. Interacting with the Explore token for the door connecting Gallery to Library, and confirming to open the door resulted in Explore token becoming entirely non-interactable (no room was revealed, no description of any room contents, etc.). Tapping the icon makes a click sound, but no options appear.

Was able to reveal Library via the Foyer door, but the Explore token icon remained on the map between Gallery and Library. Possibly of note: Library room setup text described placing a wall token where it would connect to the Hallway, but the graphic showed a door instead of a wall feature.

Tile set map was built from was almost 100% the key icon tiles.

On 24/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, palacz said:

the android app doesn't work on my device: ferguson arriva 4K, android 5 powered sat tv tuner. never before net an app not working on it.

the app displays a screen saying:

"this application reqiures the board game mensions of madness second edition"

and nothing else happens no matter what I'm trying to do, click, scroll, go back or whatever else.

please help.

I agree. This is an important bug. Happens to me in a Minix Android box.

The game won't work in any Android Box (or Android Smart TV).

Why?

The app doesn't support any kind of controller that is not the touchscreen.
Any kind of mouse, keyboard or gamepad doesn't work.
When you run the app in devices that don't have a touchscreen, you cannot click in any part of the screen and the game gets stuck in the first screen (you need to click to advance or choose options in the main menu).
Even if you connect a mouse, you see the pointer moving, and the clicks are recognized everywhere except inside the game.
Those devices are the most suitable ones to run the game, but won't work in them until this is fixed.
Regards.

I just bought the game and I downloaded the app....After a couple of tries I was FINALLY able to enter the main screen but now I can't click NEW GAME or CONTINUE .....the loading logo on the top left corner is constantly spinning and I can only click on MORE... I tried on my iOS device(iPhone 6 Plus) and on MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid 2014....both on latest softwares.

Anyone have this problem?

15 hours ago, SolidSmile said:

I just bought the game and I downloaded the app....After a couple of tries I was FINALLY able to enter the main screen but now I can't click NEW GAME or CONTINUE .....the loading logo on the top left corner is constantly spinning and I can only click on MORE... I tried on my iOS device(iPhone 6 Plus) and on MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid 2014....both on latest softwares.

Anyone have this problem?

I had this problem. Restart your decide, open the app, and then just leave it. That worked for me, I think it has to download or sync things in the background. After several minutes of that spinning icon, it worked. For me it happened when they added the latest dlc. And I had the same thing on both android and steam.

On 8/25/2017 at 8:26 AM, neosmagus said:

I had this problem. Restart your decide, open the app, and then just leave it. That worked for me, I think it has to download or sync things in the background. After several minutes of that spinning icon, it worked. For me it happened when they added the latest dlc. And I had the same thing on both android and steam.

Thanks for the advice mate :)

I just left it for like 10 minutes and it finally came trough xD. Works properly now. Weee :)

Hi, I have installed the Steam App version in many PCs ... but in the latest one I have issued this strange behavior: the images on the mirror are missing (see the image uploaded) ... what Can i do to solve?

I just uninstalled and re-installed the game many times deleting all the folders of the game leaved by STEAM but nothing...it is a GPU issue?

I have a Windows Eeepc 1001PX Asus Netbook, with a Intel Atom N450 dual core 1.66GHz, 1Gb RAM and Intel Graphic media accelerator 3150.

The strange thing is that only the images on the scenario selection are missing, the game start and run correctly with all intro videos, ingame images...all...so is there something I can try?

Thanks.

MoM Mirror image missing.JPG

Edited by Shinigami6
On 07/08/2017 at 6:16 AM, Aaron Foss said:

Dark Reflections. Interacting with the Explore token for the door connecting Gallery to Library, and confirming to open the door resulted in Explore token becoming entirely non-interactable (no room was revealed, no description of any room contents, etc.). Tapping the icon makes a click sound, but no options appear.

Was able to reveal Library via the Foyer door, but the Explore token icon remained on the map between Gallery and Library. Possibly of note: Library room setup text described placing a wall token where it would connect to the Hallway, but the graphic showed a door instead of a wall feature.

Tile set map was built from was almost 100% the key icon tiles.

Exactly the same issue here. I could also not interact with a mirror. Erm... without spoiling... it could be because I travelled to the room via alternative means than the door.

Edited by MrJackdaw
To include OS

I played 'Vengeful Impulse' scenario in last night with my friend. We have 4 suspects. (Bruce Darzi, Elizabeth Fairview, Leland Willams, May Naguyen) And we playing as William Yorick(Gravedigger) and Akachi Onyele(shaman). Game play was smooth till read journal. After Carvey's death, I investigate his corpse. So i got two journal. (Ritual, Old) When i read last page of old journal, All investigators are disappeared. Only three tokens are left. (one search in lounge, one explore in conservatory, Ghost Carvey)

We definitely sure who is murderer, but we can interact nothing. please fix this.

and If bug fixed by next update, can we playing this continue? or need to replay?

I don't know how to hide letters. please drag. My bug report include spoiler about vengeful impulse.

image is here : http://i.imgur.com/NCdUXkv.jpg

Edited by ZombieCooKiE

Trying to run the app (v1.3.7) on Android 4.0.3 tablet, I'm getting the error

"Your hardware does not support this applications, sorry!"

So what are the hardware requirements?

Edited by Tomse0008

Looks like the soft lock in "Escape from Innsmouth" is not fixed in each and every case?!?
It is described in below posts. The app is still stuck after the fire is set in the German version with Yorick and Crane as investigators:

App version: v1.3.7(698)
Language: German
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) - SM-T580

"

Today we played the DLC Dark Reflections and noticed a few problems.

1j Throughout the final fight against the Hunting Horror we kept being instructed to move the Hunting Horror towards or away from the Hunting Horror, i.e. to move it towards or away from itself, which doesn’t make sense.

2) There were a couple of instances when opening a door and spawning a new room, that the symbol of the required tile did not match the actual symbol on the physical tile.

3) On one occasion at the start of the Mythos Phase, the app told us to place Darkness counters on a tile which was not out at all.

Hope that helps!

The steam app doesn't start for me, constant crash on lanuch on Windows 10.

My crash log is attached.

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Android app, using Father Mateo and Carson Sinclair as investigators in Cycle of Eternity has me use Agatha Crane's mini instead of the Father's.

Started the scenario twice thinking I had selected the wrong investigator.

Only have the base game.

On 2017/11/05 at 5:08 PM, strivinglife said:

Android app, using Father Mateo and Carson Sinclair as investigators in Cycle of Eternity has me use Agatha Crane's mini instead of the Father's.

Started the scenario twice thinking I had selected the wrong investigator.

Only have the base game.

Not a bug. It always shows the same image for placing figures regardless who you selected.

Hello, I 've encountered the following problem with the Dearly Departed scenario:

***SPOILER ALERT***

When the scenario objective is revealed, it requires you to stop the machine and kill Mrs. Lynch

In our play we first killed Mrs. Lynch, then tried to stop the machine bu we got a "needs more trying" type of fluff. Then in the subsequent mythos phase, the fluff said that the (declared dead in the app) Mrs. Lynch jumps in the portal and vanishes....

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? It kind of ruined the experience, since the fluff did not specify to do the actions in any specific order...

Okay. Somebody messed up big time... - I just finished downloading the update... - and suddenly, all my buttons are titled "UI BUTTON -insert function-".

Scenario descriptions are gone and as far as I can tell it is impossible to start a new scenario right now.

Also, I had a weird short glitch (?) when trying to start a new scenario about the revenge of a muffin man?? (Upcoming christmas DLC ??)

EDIT: Weird. Restarting the app three times seems to have solved this mess. - Shame I couldn't grab a screen shot of that glitch...

Edited by Lorinor