Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

resrer012 had the exact same bug than me at the same moment

Sound problem for me also.

Running on Android 6.0.1.

When I was playing I got an e-mail notification sound. After that the MoM app had no sound at all. No clicks, no voices, no music.

I tried to turn off and on the sound in the options but it didn't resolve the problem.

I didn't restart the app, because I was afraid that the save game not going to work well after that, and I was at the middle of the scenario.

When I finished the scenario and restarted the app, it was working fine.

Issue...

Soft lock occurs right after Main Riot moved to Pier.

The game did not go into combat checks, as it should have, with the current monsters and soft locked instead.

Only working commands were Set Fire, End Game, Investigator Eliminated, and Message Log.

EDIT: The bug is definitely related to the Main Riot monster, with the constant horror checks and such, when it isn't visible on the map.

This is the exact same issue that I have just encountered but on iOS iPad Air 2, fully updated and running app version 1.0.2 that was released yesterday.

We played through 2nd scenario tonight. Near the end, we were close to daeth but hoped for a lat minute rally. Then, the app froze. We restarted the app and then the device and nothing. None of the in game buttons, except menu and settings, worked. My group was nervous about attempting again as everyone felt their time was wasted :(

This also led to lots of "I told you an app was a bad idea" comments too

Scenario - Cycle of Eternity, Phase - Mythos, Step - Monster, Star Spawn Attack.

There was a typo in the attack text. The attack describes the monster tearing up the ground. Both test conditions begin with "If you pass." Each of the conditions were completely different and seemed to represent a success and a failure, it is just that they both began with "If you pass."

Same thing happened to us last night on on the second scenario, 3 hrs of playing wasted and lost. People were not happy and don't want to play again until the app gets fixed, bad start for an obviously improved game over the 1st edition.

what crap. after playing scenario two for like 2 hours, the app froze up and I lost the entire thing. the first scenario also froze up after I saved it (when I turned it back on to continue, it just showed the board but I couldn't scroll around or click anything) but I was at least able to finish that one the second time I tried it. playing on an ipad air fully updated. this is an msrp 100.00 game and the problem has been reported for what? 2 weeks now? give me a break

I'm glad I came here to find what looks like a common bug, so hopefully it'll be fixed. We played Escape from Innsmouth and the bug happened on Turn 14, Mythos Phase:

Creatures in play: Mob (Riot), Deep One Hybrid and Child of Dagon (?)

Details: The riot moves, we tell it no one is in the space (we tried both options) and then nothing happens. The app does not move on to the other creatures. You can press on some menus but not much else works.

We did find a solution: We reloaded the app and on the investigator phase we killed the deep one hybrid and the child of dagon. Then the Mythos phase went through fine. We continued the game until we lost.

Ran our first game this weekend, and ran into a minor bug right at the beginning (thankfully). Started the first scenario "Cycle of Eternity". Went through investigator selection, received our starting items, then watched the prologue. After that there was a loading screen with a Lovecraft quote, and then a continue button appeared. Clicking on the continue button did nothing. Clicked it repeatedly and nothing, so I'm assuming the app froze. I closed the app entirely and restarted from scratch, and it ran fine for the remainder of our game.

Windows 8.1

App Version 1.0.2 (through Steam)

Patch 1.03

-Fixed soft lock in Escape from Innsmouth finale.

This is not really a bug, so unsure where I can post this:

In Cycle of Eternity, in the Dining Room, the app does not instruct you to place a Wall token on the door in the left side of the room even though it can't be explored.

In Cycle of Eternity, in the Dining Room, the app does not instruct you to place a Wall token on the door in the left side of the room even though it can't be explored.

I don't think this is a bug. It's the side door to the Mansion. The door is there (like the front door) but you can't use it.

Its been mentioned in other posts somewhere that these are locked doors that do not feature in the game via discovery of a key.

I suppose putting an exlplore token on or a wall to cover would be more thematic but I would guess they are going for slightly more streamlined play on that aspect.

I have seen one of these such doors not be explorable in game but still spawn something through it... :)

Payed the Innsmouth scenario using the Steam client v 1.0.3 last night. Got through about 9 or 10 turns and then the site, search and interact tokens became unresponsive. This version does not seem to have fixed the issue.

I have seen this too. I also believe there is another one to either the East or South.

I came close to the end of the "Cycle of Eternity" scenario and came up against a code puzzle that would not solve. I had the first three glyph correct. (three Elder Signs - in the right order) and was followed by two clue -investigation - results. If I'm doing this correctly I should only have to reverse the last two glyph and solve the puzzle, but that did not happen and no amount of changing order would solve the puzzle.

Has anyone had the same issue or am I missing something?

Thanx

Dizpatcher.

Playing Cycle of Eternity. I hadn't spoke to Mildred Bechman yet, she had moved to the Lobby and when I went to speak to her for the first time the text said she stopped playing the piano which was obviously the text if I had spoke to her in the room she started in.

Shouldn't there be text for her if you speak to Mildred in a different room for the first time where the situation has changed. I assume this doesn't happen with the other characters also.

I have seen this too. I also believe there is another one to either the East or South.

Dunno if this is the case here, but walls are only placed when there would otherwise be an inconsistency between tiles I believe. For instance if a door was adjacent to an open tile or another door or wall on the adjacent tile. If there is no explore token there, you are to assume the location would not be of interest to the investigation. If the door is on the edge of the playable area, there is no confusion about whether you can explore (as there is no token), so the wall token simply isn't needed.

Edited by Soakman

Soakman is right. The option to explore further is not granted by the existence of a door, but by the existence of the explore token. Wall tokens are very rarely used on the mansion's external perimeter. All scenarios are built this way, so it's not a bug

Just wanted to say that for iOS v1.0.3(208) we were able to successfully play through the Escape from Innsmouth scenario with two investigators (Agatha Crane, Minh Thi Phan) without crashes or lockups. It was a new game, not resumed from a previous save. We didn't win however :) . We lost by running out of time.

Played Rising Tide scenario at night, so can't remember a lot of details.

iOS, ver. of application 1.03. There were 5 players - Agatha Crane, William Yorick, Rita Young, Preston Fairmont, Carson Sinclair, components only from 2nd edition.

In mythos phase (I think it was before the end of 3rd day) we have got bug with mythos event. It was a error message (something with "birds" and number 2 in the end), but not real text of event. Sorry for this little information, but maybe it is better than nothing :)

SUBJECT: Soft Lock after loading Save Game

SCENARIO: Escape form Innsmouth

VERSION: 1.0.3 (207)

SYSTEM: Mac OS X v.10.9.5

PLAYERS: 3 (Jenny Barnes, Joe Diamond, Michael McGlen)

DESCRIPTION: After loading a saved game (saved during investigator turn) the Monster drawer was open and I was unable to close it. The only selection that works are the Settings Menu and the In-Game Menu. I noticed that the "riot" monster was in the monster drawer but it had disappeared from the board on a previous turn. I reloaded the scenario several times, but it consistently ended up in the same state. This was the third time I had saved and continued the scenario.

App still doesn't work on a Kindle Fire properly.

Not taken the shrink off the box yet :(

Sad Deep One is Sad. Please make it work on a Kindle Fire or tell us it won't, ever. Then we can get new Android tablet.

Sad Deep One is Sad. Please make it work on a Kindle Fire or tell us it won't, ever. Then we can get new Android tablet.

What generation of Kindle fire? If it is first gen (like the one I have kicking around), then it won't ever work since first gen Kindle fires don't run an android OS.

What generation of Kindle fire? If it is first gen (like the one I have kicking around), then it won't ever work since first gen Kindle fires don't run an android OS.

I bought it two years ago (is that old nowadays?!). It's running system version 7.5.1

I understand that Kindles run a weird hybrid (hey, that's kinda apt) of Android and Amazon's own propriety engine. Odd thing is it DOES run it OK (well for the several minutes I click through random buttons) but fires up so infrequently its just a no deal (takes anywhere between 8 to 20 tries). It mostly crashes back to 'desktop' after the FFG loading screen. It's too unreliable to use.

Thanks for the interest :)

Edited by Old Deep One