Mansions of Madness Bug Report

By Julia, in Mansions of Madness

Mansions of madness app 1.4.4 (747) (android)

Scenario: Dearly Departed

Expansions: Base game and and first edition of base game

bug: Sudden end of game, investigators lose

Starting title: Front Path/ Front Porch, connected to Patio/Root Cellar from the right side

Before loosing:

We opened and entered patch in Chapel (before this we killed many Zombies, one Maniac and Witch. Hord of zombie was also spawned)

Next round we killed Witch that was inside Crypt, and Cultist on ceremony room.

Next round we solved first puzzle in ceremonial room and killed zombie horde.

When we clicked next phase, game ended and investigators lost, we get epilogue.

Sudden end was very strange and anticlimactic :( - when i tested app later i always get tough monster to fight if we run out of time.

On 2/25/2018 at 6:03 AM, Ad-M said:

Mansions of madness app 1.4.4 (747) (android)

Scenario: Dearly Departed

Expansions: Base game and and first edition of base game

bug: Sudden end of game, investigators lose

Starting title: Front Path/ Front Porch, connected to Patio/Root Cellar from the right side

Before loosing:

We opened and entered patch in Chapel (before this we killed many Zombies, one Maniac and Witch. Hord of zombie was also spawned)

Next round we killed Witch that was inside Crypt, and Cultist on ceremony room.

Next round we solved first puzzle in ceremonial room and killed zombie horde.

When we clicked next phase, game ended and investigators lost, we get epilogue.

Sudden end was very strange and anticlimactic :( - when i tested app later i always get tough monster to fight if we run out of time.

This might not be a bug... While it is anticlimactic and some times even works out to be against the story, your still working against a countdown mechanic that is running behind the scenes. You might think that you are further along, but there are times when the game hits midnight and the end arrives. I've had to explain to my gaming group about not looking in every nook and cranny just to uncover each search token if they don't have to.

Hi there!

I am playing via steam and since the last update I cannot play anymore.

On the 1st try, it took a while to open the app: it was downloading additional assets for like an hour and when the app did open it was very slow, the title was also in Chinese (I guess ), it was written "play button "; "option button"....but it was impossible to start a game.

Now when I try to open the app it says please wait, downloading additional assets. But the app doesn't open.

I never add any problems with the game before this update, am I the only one?

On 3/11/2018 at 2:29 PM, Chris636 said:

Hi there!

I am playing via steam and since the last update I cannot play anymore.

On the 1st try, it took a while to open the app: it was downloading additional assets for like an hour and when the app did open it was very slow, the title was also in Chinese (I guess ), it was written "play button "; "option button"....but it was impossible to start a game.

Now when I try to open the app it says please wait, downloading additional assets. But the app doesn't open.

I never add any problems with the game before this update, am I the only one?

I would suggest uninstalling the app and re-installing from scratch, if you haven't already done that. Sounds like the installation might be corrupted somehow.

On 17/02/2017 at 11:17 AM, Dncan said:

The process of each room reveal has it describing each object as you place them. Sometime the text covers things and you miss things.

I came here to report this exact thing in the Steam version (1.4.5) - tried out my first game today, and almost missed that there were two tiles to be placed in the starting room. One in the top right, and one underneath the text on the left. I only spotted it when I clicked "Continue" and the green box faded as it scrolled out-of-view.

I've not tried this scenario on my phone/tablet yet.

The screen is the first one from the first scenario, so hopefully won't be a spoiler to most people here.

20180410204201_1_crop.jpg

Mansions of madness Steam App 1.5.0

Scenario: Behind Closed Doors

Expansions: All of everything

bug: There were a few typos in some of the text, but the biggest error was when we were investigating an 'open box' in the basement. We were invited to have Lewis look in the box with us, and he pulled out a scroll which gave us the 'Preston Fairmont' Spell. The art of the card showed a Silver Twilight Membership Ring. Not sure what it was supposed to be...

Starting title: Dungeon connected to a Cermemony Room and Vault.

Before loosing: There were a lot of choice made during the game. I'm not sure if any of them had an impact on the game state. This was our first play. We were using Marie, Charlie, and Preston.

The 'Preston Fairmont' spell, while amusing, could have been a problem because we don't know if it was supposed to be a spell, or a piece of evidence, or what. There was also an odd instruction when it stated to place the first room tile (Dungeon). Something said something like MANSIONS_HALL_MAD47 (not exact but similar).

error.gif

App: v1.5.0 (767) Android

Similar issue to above. When interacting with the box in the basement Lewis just said: "BASEMENT_SEARCH_LEWIS_TRUE_ALT" with the icon for the Silver Twilight Membership ring.

lewis-true-alt.jpg

Playing the first scenario from the new expansion, Sanctum of Twilight.

I did a search action and the app told me to gain the Charlie Kane spell.

The image shows the Membership ring Unique item.

20180510_170710-540x540.jpg

Platform: iOS (all versions) -- plus probably every other platform!

There's a mistake that got through proofreading. When an investigator tends the fire, it says that it responds "to your administrations." Clearly you meant "ministrations."

(Also, this scenario was terrible and we'll never play it again. Even knowing that we were on a hidden timer, it ended anticlimactically and was just a drawn out series of repetitive fetch-quest puzzles.)

Scenario: Astral Alchemy

Platform: Android

App: v1.5.1 (767)

2 bugs found in the same playthrough. At one point, the graphic on the app for where to place a bookshelf along a wall was oriented perpendicular to the wall and outlined in a bright green border. I believe it stayed that way for the remaining few rounds.

The other defect impacted play much more - when picking up the "notes" from the female dormitory, the fluff text from the app indicated that the notes couldn't be understood without the corresponding calculations and awarded one clue, but no item. The other 3 required items for the main quest were represented by item cards, so this prompted a fair amount of discussion between the 4 of us to decide if we had implicitly obtained the notes and should attempt to deliver them to the NPC or if it was all fluff text and to continue exporing. At this point 3/4 characters were wounded and we were fighting the clock, so semantics mattered. Everyone agreed that we should bet on the quest text being poor quality and risk the clock running out on principle. Upon discovering the corequisite calculations, the investigator was awarded a clue and explicitly told to take the evidence to the NPC, but again no item card was awarded to represent the item. All of us were of the opinion that the way that particular evidence is handled is needlessly vague - why not follow the convention established by the other 75% of the quest items and just pick up an item card for the calculations and an item card for the notes, indicating that they have a corequisite. The earlier mentioned technical defect wasn't a serious issue at all, but the scenario's arbitrary break with its own convention was pretty frustrating.

Edited by AndrewTabletop
typo

Scenario: Rising Tide

Platform: iPad

App: v1.5.1 (771)

At the finale the ritual site location was the Residential area. During one of the mythos phases the app instructed me to "place darkness in the Warehouse and Warehouse" then "each investigator in the Warehouse or Warehouse suffers two face down horror (Will negates)". Obviously this text was describing the Docks , albeit badly.

Also after the investigation was complete the closing narrative played out with no voiceover. This has happened to me before and is very anticlimactic.

I did take screen shots but can never upload them on my iPad because it always says they're too big. Does anyone know a way around this ?

Mansions of madness Steam App 1.5.1

Scenario: Gangs of Arkham

Expansions: Everything except Sanctum of Twilight

Bug(s): There were a few typos in some of the text dialogs, see attached images:

IMG_20180610_141506_small.jpg

IMG_20180610_141557_small.jpg

IMG_20180610_142741_small.jpg

Hello,

Id like to report a bug in At the Gates of Silverwood Manor, we played Saturday and we ran into a point where the app told us to move investigators to a tile that was just removed from game in the previous round due to scenario mechanics. We then decided to move to an adjacent tile instead and continued playing normally till the end. I play with the Italian translation so I don't know if this problem does occur in other languages as well. I think it is a misprint error because the interactive board in the app depicted the room being removed from game but there was no hint as to where to move the investigators instead.

Android app version 1.5.1 (776)

Collection items active: basegame 2nd edition + Recurring Nightmares + Beyond the Threshold

Mansions of Madness Steam App v1.5.1 (774) - Polish version

The font OldNewspaperTypes used in the main menu is missing Polish characters. On Windows it falls back to what looks like Arial and on Linux (Wine) the characters are missing completely.

snap2.jpg

snap1.jpg

We played the Astral Alchemy scenario last night and at one point we were told to move the guard to a room that hadn't been revealed yet. the app put the token off into a dark area. then a monster was spawned in its place. we never ended up opening that room and just told the app that the monster never moved to a place with an investigator.

We started playing -Sanctum of Twilight- and 4 hours into our Gameplay, it froze while finishing mythos. Nothing worked as far as clicking and when we forced exited the game and logged back in, it kept freezing at the same spot. Our Mansions of Madness game just uploaded the newest update right before the game began.

Hello, I just created this account to make this report. I'm afraid I don't have screenshots as this was done on my father's tablet and we weren't too sure how, but I will describe them in the best detail, they are fairly minor, just tile name issues:

These both occurred in the Astral Alchemy scenario, playing with all of the expansions (Sanctum, Streets, Threshold, as well as both First Ed figure & Tile packs)

• A couple of times the app referenced "Library 1" (specifically, the target of the monster's attack was moved 1 space away from Library 1 as a result of the attack); the tile in use was from Streets of Arkham, but during the monster's attack it had the base-game's set symbol (the little tentacle) present, which we assumed had to be a mistake; there was no chance that we used the wrong tile by mistake, the art clearly matched.
  • At one point a Mythos effect placed darkness in each space in "Classroom 3" (with correct set symbol; Streets), but there was no Classroom 3 on the board, only Classroom 1; we revealed most of the map over the course of the investigation and there was no classroom 3 (and I doubt the one unexplored area had it as it said it was a sewer grate and other context), so we again assumed it must have been a mistake and meant the only classroom that was there.

Hope this helps, sorry if it's not enough info to actually pin it down.

Ipad, v1.5.1(771)

When I first encountered the door to the Chapel, the app had me put an explore token down, but (before going in) I saved the game and quit. On restart, the app no longer showed an explore token. I wasn't able to access this room (or the required item inside of it).

Scenario: Altered Fates

Steam Version

I played through once and then ran through the app twice after, and consistently as soon as Lady Helena scries the location of the statue the portal then can be interacted with and the players in the future are given the option to travel back through the portal. I think it's meant for that not to be an option until she receives the statue.

On our play through my team mate thought they'd be able to come back to help fight the monster and then we got scenario end despite not having used the floorboards.

Version: Steam App 1.6.0.(810)

Interaction with the Old Journal is unlimited (and still the same).

A Hunting Horror's attack says "The creature flies past you with maddening swiftness. Suffer 2 Damage . Then the monster moves 2 spaces toward the Hunting Horror"

Please fix it

Bug report for Twilight Diadem (2-players; Marie Lambeau & William Yorrick):

• The Diadem is grabbed from the Vault immediately after the vault is opened from the alley, even though the bank teller later opens the vault on his own. Almost no chance to grab diadem, and the continuity doesn’t make sense.
  • The Old Journal spell to stop the parade is still an active action option during the ball.
  • The Veiled King’s float moves and triggers horror after that phase of the investigation is complete and also after he’s been unmasked.
  • If you have the Diadem at the ball:
    • The scenario ends summarily, saying Mary Ann is crowned, no fighting or discovery of the diadem’s theft occurs.
    • The scenario can be “continued” at that point during the last turn.
    • The Diadem can’t be broken without first showing it to Mary Ann, but there isn’t much indication of what will let you interact with it. (This isn’t a bug exactly, but feels super obtuse).
    • If you have both the rope & the diadem when you interact with Mary Ann, you only have the option to show her the diadem, not the rope; the rope option appears only after showing her the diadem.

On 12/23/2017 at 6:51 AM, Alexrom789 said:

Version 1.4.3 for Windows:

Astral Alchemy Scenario; we found a very disappointing scenario breaking bug.

There was suppose to be an explore token placed in one of the rooms to get to new areas of the map but it never appeared on the app to click. One of the components needed to beat the game was in this unreachable part of the map. Even thought the game mentioned the tile should be there (when enemies caused us to move away from it) there was no button to click as stated.

The map we had started with the yard 1 tile with the lab directly north, the explore token was suppose to be connected to the classroom 3 tile, but never appeared on the map. The missing component was powder.

save and quitting as well as restarting the app did nothing to help.

After introducing this game to 4 other friends, we spent 4 hours only to realize this bug stopping us from progressing. very disappointing and I doubt they will play this game with me ever again :(.

Hi, we had the same problem in our game today. But in our game we had slighty another layout and we found powder in another room. In our case, we had missing explore token from classroom 2 to the north (in layout was on left edge just next to the Library).

Version 1.6.0 (810) for Windows.

Edited by NAVi13

Bug: Opening/Closing screens do not display text properly.

Platform: iPad running iOS 12.1

Purchased the scenario Altered Fates last night to try for the first time and immediately noticed the issue with the opening story section--The text for the story was not displayed, and instead only the placeholder tags were used (see attached images).

Intro.jpg

Ending.jpg

On 8/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, Viker said:

Ipad, v1.5.1(771)

When I first encountered the door to the Chapel, the app had me put an explore token down, but (before going in) I saved the game and quit. On restart, the app no longer showed an explore token. I wasn't able to access this room (or the required item inside of it).

A very similar thing happened to me. The search token disappeared after we saved the game effectively making the scenario impossible to complete.