Spec/Talent Sheets

By RLogue177, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

My deepest appreciation for this.

Hey RLogue, do you know if the Green and Tan sheets are black-n-white print friendly? I tried printing a sheet of the TC ones today, and without colour the ranked/passive talents are indistinguishable.

I haven't tried printing them in grayscale. I always just color print. But, I will work on making the sheets printer friendly. Maybe white for passive talents and gray for active talents. That can be my weekend project this weekend since No Disintegrations won't be out just yet.

I just printed out one of the tan and green ones in grayscale. There is a bit of difference in the shades to tell passive talents from active ones. But I will work on better printer friendly this weekend.

One thing I would like to see on these sheets is the embedding of the fonts used to create them, so that you can search the PDFs for text and find matching talents/trees. As it is now, they appear to be exported as JPEG-style images in a PDF container, and you can’t do a text search on a JPEG image.

I’d be happy to help make this happen, if that is of interest.

One thing I would like to see on these sheets is the embedding of the fonts used to create them, so that you can search the PDFs for text and find matching talents/trees. As it is now, they appear to be exported as JPEG-style images in a PDF container, and you can’t do a text search on a JPEG image.

I’d be happy to help make this happen, if that is of interest.

They're coming from Photoshop, hence the inability to search. They aren't being done in Acrobat or Illustrator. Not sure if newer versions have the ability to export to PDF, but what I have (and what I think RLogue177 has) lacks that functionality. So, embedding the fonts does nothing, heheh.

They're coming from Photoshop, hence the inability to search. They aren't being done in Acrobat or Illustrator. Not sure if newer versions have the ability to export to PDF, but what I have (and what I think RLogue177 has) lacks that functionality. So, embedding the fonts does nothing, heheh.

Aw, crap. :(

I just printed out one of the tan and green ones in grayscale. There is a bit of difference in the shades to tell passive talents from active ones. But I will work on better printer friendly this weekend.

Thanks RLogue, you're the best!

The thought occurs to me — if I can get PSD files that include the text as actual text and not rendered as graphics, I might be able to export those into a PDF file that would be searchable.

Printer friendly, aka grayscale version. Passive talents are white with black text. Active talents are dark-ish gray with white text.

Nicely done! Thanks!

good stuff

absolute bossman, appreciate it.

On the new one Engineer is blank. AOR.

Ok Forget that sorry it was the Signature Ability space my bad keep up the awesome work.

Edited by djshadowcat

Uploaded new versions to my dropbox, linked below. Direct links to the pdfs are in the very first post of this thread.

Probably the single largest change is in the formatting for skill names. Before, for example, I listed the skill as Ranged - Heavy. Now it is Ranged (Heavy), which is in line with how the books have them.

I went through every sheet and every talent and made many corrections for spelling, punctuation, and unnecessary capital letters. Also noticed here and there talents that weren't written identically from spec to spec. And I noticed a few ranked (and not ranked) talents that were incorrectly labeled. I'm not going to say the sheets are 100% error-free now, but pretty close to it. As always, if you spot something that needs to be fixed, please holler.

This is really great, as the last person to do this has not updated in a while.

Brilliant to see someone doing them up-to-date again. You should get a link to this on the "Resources" sticky page.

Thanks for doing this, it's a great help for players and GM's alike.

Hey, I'd like to translate these for the german version. Any chance you might give me blank ones?

So, have these been updated for the latest books that have recently come out? Like “No Disintegrations”? :D

Oh, and since the forum change, our signatures don’t get included anymore. Can someone provide the current dropbox link?

Thanks!

Try the links in the first post of this thread.

This weekend will see the updates for No Dissin'.

Bump for peeps.

10 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

Bump for peeps.

Mesa luv you so much'n!

3 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Mesa luv you so much'n!

Eassssyyyy waterbird, they're just PDFs, bring it down.....

43 minutes ago, 2P51 said:

Bump for peeps.

Terrific! At least I can give the proper trees to my players. If I can't have the book now for what-I-don't-know-how-long, at the very least I have the bones, the specs!