Spec/Talent Sheets

By RLogue177, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Post fully edited. Putting the relevant links here for anyone just finding this thread. Specs are in three styles: classic red and blue colors, gray scale, and green and tan to match my homemade character sheet which is also linked below. The Force power are also posted.

As always, if you find errors, please let me know so I can fix them. Thanks!

-----

Age of Rebellion spec sheets in traditional red and blue

Edge of the Empire spec sheets in traditional red and blue

Force and Destiny spec sheets in traditional red and blue

Universal spec sheets in traditional red and blue

-----

Age of Rebellion spec sheets in grayscale

Edge of the Empire spec sheets in grayscale

Force and Destiny spec sheets in grayscale

Universal spec sheets in grayscale

-----

Age of Rebellion spec sheets in Maklunky™ green and tan

Edge of the Empire spec sheets in Maklunky™ green and tan

Force and Destiny spec sheets in Maklunky™ green and tan

Universal spec sheets in Maklunky™ green and tan

-----

Clone Wars Era spec sheets in traditional red and blue

Clone Wars Era spec sheets in grayscale

Clone Wars Era spec sheets in Maklunky™ green and tan

-----

Force Powers sheets in traditional green

Force Powers sheets in grayscale

-----

Smuggler to Scoundrel and Scoundrel to Smuggler in all three color schemes

-----

Combo Character Sheet in Maklunky™ green and tan

-----

Capital size ship sheet in Maklunky™ green and tan

Small size ship sheet in Maklunky™ green and tan

-----

Photoshop files

Enjoy!

Edited by RLogue177
Bor Gullet

Hey nice job, it's sure different but I like it. The main reason I use these PDF sheets is to reduce the number of books open on the table when comparing Specs for advancement. Will you be combining each line into a single PDF like Doc's?

Looks good. I'm guessing most folks are goint to want the ones that haven't been done yet from special modifications and savage spirits. Any chance of getting Wardes Foresight from Chronicles of the Gatekeeper?

Thanks, guys.

Yes, I will. (I have to finger out how to do that. I more or less smash my way through the creative process, teaching myself as I go.)

I will definitely be getting all the specs, career signature abilities, and force powers done, just like Doc was doing. Warde's Foresight will be included.

Edited by RLogue177

Thanks, guys.

I more or less smash my way through the creative process, teaching myself as I go.

Is there any other way :P

Very cool!

thanks for taking up this mantle

Very nice! When the ones I want are done, I’ll be switching to these.

Thanks!

EDIT: One comment I would make is that if you stick closely to CMYK colors, they will come out a lot better when they’re printed.

And you might want to indicate which line the career and spec are from, as well as what book(s) and page(s) where you can find the full write-up of the talent in question.

Thanks again! ;)

Edited by bradknowles

Thanks for the words and suggestions, Brad.

I'm not sure where I'd put that added information about which game line the spec comes from. Space is already pretty tight. I suppose instead of the "Character Name" line, I could put "Edge of the Empire" and such.

As for the colors, I went with the tan and green so that it matched my custom character sheet which can be found here...

Front page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lpg59zd9w3o8ub/Character%20Sheet%20Comb%20page%201.pdf?dl=0

Rear page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2agdr7rn09mqa06/Character%20Sheet%20Comb%20page%202.pdf?dl=0

The way I have these spec pages, it wouldn't be difficult to swap out the colors to the more traditional red and blue if there're enough requests for that. But I'd like to get them all complete before I do that.

In other news, I rolled a Despair. I saved over my template when I was working on Colonist/Doctor and had to partially rebuild it. That has delayed me a little, but by the time I go to bed tonight, I should have the three Bounty Hunter and the six Colonist specs done. So that's basically nine specs done in a day.

Your a machine! Personally i like the colour choice visually, i can see Brads point of it not printing well, especially on a lower quality setting where the colours wont contrast all that well. But the overall design is nice for a bit of a change too.

I'm not sure where I'd put that added information about which game line the spec comes from. Space is already pretty tight. I suppose instead of the "Character Name" line, I could put "Edge of the Empire" and such.

I’d be inclined to put it above the name of the spec, underneath the character name. It doesn’t have to be large. But I would be inclined to include the line, the book, and the page on which that spec can be found.

It could also be an abbreviation of sorts, e.g., “EotE-DC:26”. That would be enough to tell people what line (Edge of the Empire), what book (Dangerous Covenants), and what page in that book.

If you go with an abbreviation form like that, you could use that same form elsewhere — like in the talent boxes when you want to tell people exactly where to find the full write-up.

As for the colors, I went with the tan and green so that it matched my custom character sheet which can be found here…

Colors can always be tweaked, and there’s always going to be a certain amount of debate over colors.

Some people are going to want Line-specific color schemes, so all sheets relative to EotE would use the same color scheme that FFG uses for their EotE character sheets, and likewise for AoR and FaD.

Some people are going to want black-and-white or greyscale versions, because they don’t have a color printer or they don’t want to spend expensive color ink.

I’m a fan of making things readable and difficult to get messed up at the printer, so I’m fond of using color schemes that are CMYK-friendly.

For Rancor Publishing Group, the decision was made to go with FFG-style color schemes in correspondence to the appropriate lines. And while I am fond of CMYK-friendly color palettes, I also can’t fault that decision.

You need to choose what will work for you, long-term. And if you can make it so that the color schemes can be quickly and easily changed, that would be great.

But as Doc can tell you, this is a long-term project, and you need to do whatever you need to do in order to make that sustainable.

Those are pretty nice!

The way I have these spec pages, it wouldn't be difficult to swap out the colors to the more traditional red and blue if there're enough requests for that. But I'd like to get them all complete before I do that.

Makes sense.

In other news, I rolled a Despair. I saved over my template when I was working on Colonist/Doctor and had to partially rebuild it. That has delayed me a little, but by the time I go to bed tonight, I should have the three Bounty Hunter and the six Colonist specs done. So that's basically nine specs done in a day.

Ouch. That’s always painful. There are ways to try to prevent that, but none of that helps you once you’ve done the deed. The best you can hope for is to make it harder to make the same mistake again in the future.

To prevent that mishap in the future, I saved a second copy of the master template in a different folder. So if I accidentally save over the primary again, I can just chuckle it off and grab a copy to replace it.

I don't know about notating the books and page numbers. Feels like a lot of extra clutter, and I'd like to keep it clean. And it's not like where the specs are in the books are a mystery. Like Doc, I'll save them in three docs, one for Edge, one for Age, and one for FnD. I also think I'll make a separate doc for just the Force powers all combined rather than split by lines.

Sounds like a great plan. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Nice Work!

Really like that character sheet; is it fillable? (I´m at work so I can´t download right away ^^)

Looking forward to the whole sets!

One wee little question. Would it be a huge extra effort to make the forms fillable, in a sense? That is, allow us to tick the boxes for the talents we have in the pdf before printing/saving as a part of a character sheet?

I don't know how to do that. LoL

I don't know how to do that. LoL

I do.

Not sure what the best way to handle things like Specs that are in multiple systems (Ace and Smuggler have Pilot). If all the specs were in one file, there's ways to handle things like non-ranked Talents all being marked together. Or maybe it really doesn't matter since these would be for someone sitting at a table with a printout in front of them.

An update! Still working on this.

Edge of the Empire's 33 spec trees are done. I have 6 of Age of Rebellion's 27 trees done.

Tomorrow, Friday, I have off from work and I will be grinding through more AoR trees, maybe even finishing them. Then Force and Destiny, maybe all day Saturday. After that, I'll do the signature ability sheets. Force powers will be last.

Moving along...

Keep the good work up.

We are cheering for you! :D :D :D

To prevent that mishap in the future, I saved a second copy of the master template in a different folder. So if I accidentally save over the primary again, I can just chuckle it off and grab a copy to replace it.

Also, write protected files are your friend!

Thank you.

Thanks, RLogue177! These look great! Looking forward to the completed series!

Will these be thrown aside when you meet a prettier girl.. Err.. Play a new RPG? Because I've been hurt before.

Will these be thrown aside when you meet a prettier girl.. Err.. Play a new RPG? Because I've been hurt before.

LoL Nope. In fact, I am beginning a new campaign with some new players (new to me; they're old players to the game) this weekend. But regardless of that, even between campaigns I still get the books and update my compiled lists of things. (Look in my dropbox link below.)

As an update, I am nearing the end of the AoR specs. Will finish those today and start on the FnD ones.

Edited by RLogue177

Still chugging along. Here is the Force Sensitive Exile sheet. I'm not sure I like the burst graphic I made for Force talents. Thoughts?

(Link removed; not longer relevant. See post #36 for the complete files.)

Edited by RLogue177