Spec/Talent Sheets

By RLogue177, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

the shape is good, but the solid black is a bit heavy. i get why you did it that way since its much easier to generate, but perhaps make it an outline filled with white, shape it so its layered above the box and therefore the white joins into the white of the box.

How's this?

(Link removed; not longer relevant. See post #36 for the complete files.)

Edited by RLogue177

Much better, wow you actually understood what i meant! It keeps the fell of the originals from FFG while also being different and fitting your theme.

Looks nice, I would add the disclaimer for the Force Rating 1 that it applies only if the character in question has a FR of 0

Looks nice, I would add the disclaimer for the Force Rating 1 that it applies only if the character in question has a FR of 0

i think thats inherent in the wording isn't it? "Gain Force Rating 1" instead of "Gain +1 Force Rating"

looking forward to see the whole thing released

Very nice :)

These look fantastic, nice work!

Maybe I'm missing something or looking in the wrong place, but in your drop box I don't see a document containing all the spec's that you've done so far (and I think that you have said that you've done all the EotE and AoR ones). Have you not posted or perhaps not shared the master docs?

Yeah, I haven't posted them yet. I've finished the specs for EoE and AoR, but I have not done the signature abilities yet. And I'm still kind of finalizing the exact look I want. I don't want to put out something not quite finished.

And now for an update! The specs sheets for all three lines are done. (Links below.) Signature abilities are next. Then Force powers. The Signature Abilities will be slipped into the three spec packs once I have them finished, but I know many of you want to start using the sheets as is.

Now for a bit of bad news. Due to some stuff going on, I won't be able to get to work on the Signature Abilities for probably two weeks or more. But they, and the Force powers, are definitely coming.

Please enjoy the sheets. Please let me know if you spot any errors on them.

And yes, the files are large. I don't have the proper tools. "Stone knives and bearskins."

Age of Rebellion...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsoga4gimkt5r9y/Spec%20AoR.pdf?dl=0

Edge of the Empire...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gluab4rg9q1o3vi/Spec%20EoE.pdf?dl=0

Force and Destiny...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4gcsam8ov7znb2/Spec%20FnD.pdf?dl=0

Edited by RLogue177

You can also just go to my dropbox link in my signature and download them straight from there.

Edited by RLogue177

Something's wrong with the EotE-pdf. It won't display properly when I opened the link, and when I downloaded it and tried opening it Adobe told me the file was corrupted.

The other two are working just fine, and looking very nice if I may say so. My only issue, if I may call it that, is the choice of colours. Would it be possible to make them in red and blue, like the books have? It just feels more natural to keep the original colour scheme.

Yeah, I’m having trouble opening the EoE PDF on my Mac, too.

Yeah same corrupt file will not open in Dropbox, Google Drive, or Windows.

Same for me. I will re-build and upload the file again.

As for the colors, as I mentioned early on, I chose them because they match the colors on the character sheet I made. I can certainly create a different file with red and blue colored ones, but it won't be soon. Or maybe it can be. I might be able to work on it evenings this week after work before my hiatus. (But no promises.)

I’ve uploaded compressed versions of these files to my DropBox folder. Feel free to take a look at these and see if you like them better because they’re smaller (~19-27MB instead of ~68-94MB).

EoE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79813707/SW-EotE/Sheets/RLogue177/Spec%20EoE-compressed.pdf

AoR: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79813707/SW-EotE/Sheets/RLogue177/Spec%20AoR-compressed.pdf

FnD: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79813707/SW-EotE/Sheets/RLogue177/Spec%20FnD-compressed.pdf

EDIT: I have a good copy of the EotE file, and have now updated this list.

Edited by bradknowles

Got it. Looks good. Thanks!

Brad, what are you using to compress the files?

I’m using a Mac program called “PDF Toolbox”, with the “Large file, 300dpi” settings. But there are a lot of PDF compression programs out there, this is just the one that I happen to currently have available to me.

I’m sure that Adobe Acrobat can also do PDF compression, and maybe even do a better job. But I don’t buy Adobe programs, and I don’t use even the “free” Adobe programs, unless I have absolutely no other choice.

Brad, what are you using to compress the files?

I’m using a Mac program called “PDF Toolbox”, with the “Large file, 300dpi” settings. But there are a lot of PDF compression programs out there, this is just the one that I happen to currently have available to me.

I’m sure that Adobe Acrobat can also do PDF compression, and maybe even do a better job. But I don’t buy Adobe programs, and I don’t use even the “free” Adobe programs, unless I have absolutely no other choice.

You actually don't even need external software on a mac, you can do it right from Preview; open the PDF, then choose "export" and not "export as PDF" because there will be a Quartz Filter dropdown near the bottom of the window, and one of the options there is "Reduce File Size" - however, I don't know how efficient this is compared to other options.

For the sake of uniformity, I'll replace the ones in my dropbox with your compressed versions. Go team!

Bodyguard sheet looks messed up. Maybe it's just the one I got?

Edit: I got mine from RLogue177's link, but then I got bradknowles' version and it looks fine.

Edited by FuriousGuy

Weird. Looks okay for me. Anyone else?

Probably just got corrupted or something when I downloaded it.

In other news, when I try to search the compressed PDFs, it doesn't work. Are they just images? Or can you guys search for text?

Probably just got corrupted or something when I downloaded it.

In other news, when I try to search the compressed PDFs, it doesn't work. Are they just images? Or can you guys search for text?

They're just images in a PDF container. That's part of why they are so large in size.