Spec/Talent Sheets

By RLogue177, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Excellent work, thanks.

The brilliant benefit to this is that I now do not need to worry so much about the No Disintegrations book not yet being in the UK, as this has the main thing myself and my players wanted from it. Of course i still want the book and my many months old pre-order will remain in place, but at least the mess of FFG distribution doesnt impact our game so much and our BH can spend his xp.

Thanks for this lifeline, much appreciated.

Edited by Ferretfur

One minor typo...Gambler tree list 'Up the Ante' as a 10% increase per rank. Your pdf shows 100%.

Thanks! I will check it out and fix it tomorrow. :)

Fixed. Thanks for pointing out the typo! If you see any others, please holler out.

@RLogue177 I may have missed this in the conversation, I'm a little late to the game, but is there any chance of getting these files with editable and/or select-able text? The ones you've shared appear to be images on each page. I can't select, copy/paste, or search.

How did you create them? Was it in another program? Would it be possible to get a copy of the files before you exported to PDF or flattened everything to an image?

Thanks

Sorry, it is more-or-less beyond my skill and/or software abilities at this time to make them editable or form-fillable. Basically, I build the sheets in Photoshop, smash 'em flat, save 'em as .pdf, and smash those together into one file.

I very happily share the end result with the community, but I create these for me, and they're good enough for my purposes. I have been toying with the idea of redoing them all again in Publisher so they can be text-selectable or editable or what have you, but that is down the road a little.

If you (or anyone else) wants something custom made, I can make it happen. Maybe you want purple and teal instead of red and blue. Or maybe you've rebuilt the pilot spec for your game and want that spec sheet in my style. I can do these things for you. But I am very hesitant to give out my raw, unsmashed .psd files.

Would you be willing to share the un-flattened Photoshop files? I would be willing to try and run them through my adobe pro and see if I can make some smaller searchable PDFs. I can message you my email address if you are.

I did run your files through and did some OCR on them. They're searchable now, but they lost some quality. I'm hoping that if I had the original files I could keep things nice and clean while also adding the search ability.

AOR Talents OCR

EotE Talents OCR

FnD Talents OCR

Force Powers

Any chance you could add the Specs and Force Powers from Disciples of Harmony? It's been a couple weeks since it came out, so I assume you're busy with IRL stuff.

Yeah, I've been super busy. Haven't even gotten the book yet.

New job. Spent last week training in Pittsburgh. Back home in Phoenix now with more training this week. Other personal stuff going on that's been weighing heavily on me too.

But, no worries. Perhaps as early as next weekend I can have the new DoH specs up. Thank you very much for asking. I'm happy to know at least some of you use and appreciate the specs.

They are super convenient for quickly looking up a talent and comparing specs from different books. Your efforts are definitely appreciated

Agreed. I use them a lot, and appreciate your effort immensely.

Indeed, I can't thank you enough!

Are there force power trees in there

Excellent work, and much appreciated . They get as much use as Oggdudes character generator in my group.

On 6/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, Matt Skywalker said:

Are there force power trees in there

Yeah, check the first page. There's a separate pdf for 'em.

I love the sheets, thank you for all your hard work. I know it can be tough trying to fit in stuff like this with jobs, family and whatnot.

Very, Very Nice, thanks for all the work! I especially like the added marker for "Ranked" Skills! And its current, except for the Consular book.

I am very partial to the Green and Tan sheets...8)

Now, if the Character sheet could be made form-fillable...8D

Edited by GandofGand

I'm not sure how I'm only JUST discovering this thread, but I'm sure glad I finally have! I like that these sheets have the same layout as the "official" ones, but I also appreciate that yours have their own look while not breaking too far away. Thank you for all your work!

Thank you all for the kind words. Obviously, i didn't get it done this weekend. The book is on order though. As soon as it gets here, I'll be working on the sheets and getting them up ASAP.

If anyone wants to shoot me scans of the three specs and the force power (or good, flat pics of the pages I can read), I can create the sheets for them forthwith. I mention this option because now it looks like I'm moving back home to Florida in the next three weeks, and I'm going to put a hold on the book being sent to me until I get back home.

If someone wants to do this, that's great. Message them to me. Thanks.

Edited by RLogue177

That's okay, keep up the great work

Do you have a Blank Template for the Specs? I'm looking to do up a New/Modified Spec for the Recruit that I am looking to use for an Imperial Military-based Campaign.

Hrmm thinking about it it would only work if it was black and white...have to find a way to desalinate passive vs. active skills...

Someone has gifted me images of the pages in question. (Thank you very much.) I am working on updating the pdfs this weekend. Will possibly even have it all done and uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning.

Gand, are you just wanting a blank sheet with 20 boxes on it? Do you have Photoshop? I could just send you my master template .psd file to modify as you like for your spec.

I'm still willing to run your un-flattened photo shop files through Adobe to create text PDF files if you want.

On 7/1/2017 at 1:28 PM, RLogue177 said:

Someone has gifted me images of the pages in question. (Thank you very much.) I am working on updating the pdfs this weekend. Will possibly even have it all done and uploaded tonight or tomorrow morning.

Gand, are you just wanting a blank sheet with 20 boxes on it? Do you have Photoshop? I could just send you my master template .psd file to modify as you like for your spec.

I do not own a copy of PS at this time...hrmmm have to think on it. I may just lay it out manually and find a way to forward that to you for translation. I've actually got to sit down and lay it out to reflect what I want to reflect Basic Training and choice of Army vs Navy and MOS. I'll get back to you on it.