Tales from the Fringe Anthology OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

She hears more boots on the floor above that could be here at any moment, so taking cover is probably your best bet. Please go ahead and post IC.

Two groups of 3 initiative: Initiative : 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png

Initiative : 2eA 2 successes
a-s.png a-s.png

They both go before Vanya. They're starting at the top of the last round you have to wait. If they don't stop the transmission now, they won't stop it.

First group:

Incidental: Set to stun
Maneuver: come into the room
Action: Shoot at Vanya: Shooting at Vanya : 2eP+1eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png d-f.png s-th.png

They hit for another 7 stun damage, and with the Advantage, they notice what the computer is doing, and comm it in, ordering a hold.

Second group:

Maneuver: come into the room
Action: Shoot at Vanya: Shooting at Vanya : 2eP+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-s.png p-a.png d-th.png s-th.png

They hit for another 8 stun damage, but with the Threat take 1 Strain.

That puts Vanya right at her threshold, but not over it. She is still conscious, but only barely.

Ugh... Ninja, disappear!

Misdirect: : 1eF 1 Light Side
f-ls.png

oh thank god..

Which one were you targeting? You forget that it only applies to one at a time.

Of course it does... 😢

not Vanya's day....

target their leader if they have one..

(is she able to do another attack?)

Yes, it's her turn. No leader, all minions, but you can fluff-text it as "the guy who seems to be in charge." Easy difficulty.

Vanya, Aim: : 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 success
a--.png a-s-a.png p-s-a.png b--.png d-f-th.png d-th.png

Ugh...

You take out one, and badly injure another.

They both Aim and fire at Vanya, still set to stun: Shooting at Vanya : 2eP+1eB+1eD+1eS 1 success, 2 advantage
p--.png p-s-s.png b-a-a.png d-f.png s--.png

And the first group knocks her out (7 Stun damage), taking her prisoner. Once you post IC, I'll do a little bit of narration.

Her Strain is now down to 0.

What is Vanya's status now.. what is she still in possession of? Just her clothes, I'm guessing..

Correct.

Vanya will Summon Item.. her bow. And hide it in it's folded state behind her..

Okay, it takes a minute to get to her, but it comes. There is a startled yelp as it zips past the approaching guard, but it comes. Please go ahead and post IC.

I thought it was more like magic, through the green mist like Talzin summoning Savage Opres' glaive..rather than Thor summoning Mijolnir

4496111-4650126841-asGJH.gif

4496097-3728716822-G6IBD.gif

Edited by RuusMarev

Ah, whoops. You're right. I was thinking of it like Luke using the force to grab his lightsaber, but looking at the fluff text in the full description, it's that type of summoning.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ah, whoops. You're right. I was thinking of it like Luke using the force to grab his lightsaber, but looking at the fluff text in the full description, it's that type of summoning.

Which is why I love the ability.. :D

but now I'm noticing that there isn't a limit of how many weapons can be prepared for a summoning.. only one summoning at a time... :D : D

11 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

but now I'm noticing that there isn't a limit of how many weapons can be prepared for a summoning.. only one summoning at a time... :D :D

Actually, if you read the full description, there is. Just like with Jury Rigged or Tinkerer:

When the character purchases this talent, choose one item they own of encumbrance 4 or less. As a Maneuver, the character can summon this item to their hand or dismiss it from their hand back to the depths of Dathomir, regardless of the character's location. Once per session, the character can spend one hour to ceremonially prepare a different item to be summoned. The character only have one item prepared this way at a time.

Anyhoo, please go ahead and post IC.

Mmmm, Aim and fire?

Roll Initiative (Cool).

Initiative : 2eA+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
a-s-s.png a-s.png s-th.png

Ooof. Three Success.

Cool: : 2eA 0 successes, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png

sigh..

maybe illusion first?

Nope, illusion is something you have to do on your turn (or in narrative time).

He goes first:

Maneuver: Move out of the cell and into cover (1 Setback)
Maneuver: Shut the door

Vanya's turn now. You can shoot through the door, but it adds an additional setback onto the Setback from his cover. Easy difficulty.