Tales from the Fringe Anthology OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Do you want to use the DS pip? That would be one Strain and one Conflict.

2 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do you want to use the DS pip? That would be one Strain and one Conflict.

.. unless I can reroll it, I guess I'll have to..Hopefully the insertion will go better as we go-- though I doubt it :D (how long with this effect last?)

The beginning of your next turn, which is long enough for you to get past. Please go ahead and narrate IC.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

What is your plan from here for gaining access to the main building? (You'd know that the physical data storage is in the basement [Star Wars file cabinet])

Check for access to basement, ie: windows, doors, ect.... oh, any surveillance cameras? <_<

For simplicity's sake, no security cameras on the outside. For the rest, please make an Average Stealth check. This is instead of a Perception check because you are trying to get the time to look more than trying to see something that is hard to see.

Stealth: : 2eA+1eP+1eB+2eD 1 failure, 3 advantage
a-s.png a-a-a.png p-s-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-f.png

Good lord....

As you sneak around the building, you see a door that's there as an exit, so no window in it. However, someone spots you and shouts out. Currently at Medium range from you. If you want to open the door, it'll be an Average Skulduggery check with 1 Setback. I'll post IC.

Skulduggery: : 2eA+1eP+1eS+2eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png p--.png s-f.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Facepalm... and Vanya dies, 5 minutes into her story...

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Skulduggery: : 2eA+1eP+1eS+2eD 3 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png p--.png s-f.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

Facepalm... and Vanya dies, 5 minutes into her story...

You know what, I meant to bring it up earlier, but since you've only got the one player (no backup) I was considering a houserule that allows you to flip a DP to reroll a check. Do you want to do that now?

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You know what, I meant to bring it up earlier, but since you've only got the one player (no backup) I was considering a houserule that allows you to flip a DP to reroll a check. Do you want to do that now?

oh yeah! lol

Okay, DP flipped.

DP flip, Skulduggery re-roll: : 2eA+1eP+1eS+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s-a.png a-s-a.png p-tr.png s--.png d--.png d-th.png

much better!

Edited by RuusMarev

Wow. That was lucky. You got it open and you managed to disable the alarm. With the Advantage, you can recover one Strain. Please go ahead and post IC.

Any cameras or other security features detectable?

Make an Easy Perception check.

Perception:: 2eA+1eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s-a.png a-a.png p-tr.png d-th.png

oh, wow.. thank you oh, dice gods..

There is a security camera in the stairwell, but it is deactivated. There are a couple security cameras in the hallway.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

There is a security camera in the stairwell, but it is deactivated. There are a couple security cameras in the hallway.

deactivated ..interesting... ok, can I get inside the stairwell and not show up on the security feed?

Yes, the doorway is pretty much next to the door you entered through.

In we go!

She heads into the stairwell, carefully going down...and check the basement door...

It's unlocked, and there is one person (in-view) in the room: Vigilance : 2eA+1eC+2eD+2eS 4 failures, 2 threat
a-s.png a--.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s-f.png

And he definitely doesn't notice you. He is pretty oblivious, sitting at a computer doing something. He's wearing the uniform of the Quelli PDF.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

H e's wearing the uniform of the Quelli PDF.

Oh, is that where we are? :)

is he facing away from me?

Just now, RuusMarev said:

Oh, is that where we are? :)

is he facing away from me?

Sort of, he is facing pretty much perpendicular to you, but is very focused on his screen. Sneaking past him conventionally is Average with 2 Boost.

I thought I'd mentioned Quelli, oops. I guess I must have edited it out of my original draft of the first IC post. my bad.

The database I need is passed him, or hes accessing it?