Faces of the Empire OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

@penpenpen and RuusMarev:

Image result for respawn menu in multiplayer

I'm back! @Edgehawk & @rogue_09 you're up!

@Edgehawk & @rogue_09 please roll for Initiative using Vigilance.

Kyuzo: Surprise! : 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png

Mando: Surprise! : 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png a-s-a.png

TK-829: Surprise! : 2eP+1eA 3 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s.png p-tr.png a-s.png

Initiative : 3eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png a-s-a.png

I hate to ask you to reroll, but I forgot that the 2 of you are actually a group right now, so would you please roll YGG?

We ought to wait for @rogue_09 before continuing in the IC thread (or with actual actions), but go ahead and roll for initiative please.

Initiative take2 : 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 3 advantage
p-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png

Initiative order:

1) TK-829: 1 Triumph, 3 Success.
2) TK-808 & TR-920: 2 Success, 3 Advantage.
3) Kyuzo: 2 Success, 1 Advantage.
4) Mandalorian: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Looks like you might survive! Maybe?

Just for future reference, is surrendering an action or a maneuver?

Incidental because you're dropping your weapon and speaking.

Is Sergeant Gore going to use Tactical Direction on his turn? Can he direct us to cover so we can aim before shooting?

Yes, probably, but it isn't his turn yet. You want to say anything in the IC, or should we continue?

I think I'm confused about the initiative order. Whose turn is it?

I just mean that we haven't yet begun structured gameplay, we're waiting to see if TR-920 has anything to say.

That was my fault, sorry. If you are ready, we can begin structured combat.

Oh, haha. No, I don't need to say anything IC. Let's do it!

Okay!

TK-829

Free Maneuver (Triumph): Tactical Direction (minion group: TK-920 and TK-808)
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Firing at point-blank range (engaged): Fire! : 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 1 success
p-s.png p-a-a.png a-s.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png

I vote we Aim and also shoot at the Mando since that's who the Sergeant targeted.

If we're in cover, are we also Engaged?

You can take a Move maneuver to get to "cover." i.e. you move behind part of the shuttle. So you wouldn't be in engaged range unless you wanted to be.

I don't know how other people handle it, but my friends and I just do cover based on moving behind something. A maneuver to either change your surroundings (i.e. flipping a table) or move to an advantageous position could be considered maneuvering into cover.

You get a free maneuver on your turn as well as from the sergeant, so do you want to take cover before aiming and firing?

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You get a free maneuver on your turn as well as from the sergeant, so do you want to take cover before aiming and firing?

Yeah, hiding behind things is TK-808's modus operandi, so cover.

Where to cover?

5 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Where to cover?

The bulkhead where the door snapped open, or a nearby utility or cargo box?

There is still one box that hasn't been unloaded from the shuttle.

With sentinel shuttles, there are cargo hatches that lower down like an elevator that they use for loading and unloading cargo. There is still some cargo on one of them.

It will provide 1 Ranged Defense.

If that is what you're doing (and you agree with the course of action outlined by Rogue_09 above) please go ahead and narrate yourself in the IC thread and roll for (group) attack check against one challenge die (TK-829 is engaged with the rebels) with a Boost for aiming. However, I'm going to flip a DP to upgrade the roll once, adding another purple.

TL;DR: Difficulty is RP and you get a Boost.

Our attack roll is YGG? @P-47 Thunderbolt

Crit roll for the Mando: Mando crit roll : 1d100 52 Fearsome wound: increase the difficulty of all Presence and Willpower checks by one until the end of the encounter.

The Kyuzo goes next:

Incidental: holsters weapon (Quick Draw)
Maneuvers(2): draws a stimpack and uses it on the Mando (reviving him)
Action: shooting the sergeant: (perks: Point Blank 1) Point Blank : 2eP+2eA+1eD+1eC 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png a-s.png d-th.png c-f-f.png