Faces of the Empire OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

In the Age of Rebellion, the last line between order and chaos is the thin white line--the noble, faceless faces of the Empire. The Army troopers, Navy troopers, and Stormtroopers of the Empire are wrongly disparaged as incompetent, brutal grunts with little to no aim, but do not forget: these noble soldiers who are murdered by terrorists and malcontents have families, and every buckethead murdered is one less loyal patriot protecting you and those he loves.

These are their stories.

Basically, you get to play as generic minions with the normal RAW for minions. Crits insta-kill, if you go over your WT you're dead, group skills, etc.
Quick disclaimer, this is the first time I've tried playing a campaign on the forum.

I want a squad of 4 players. We are currently full, but there will almost certainly be a lot of turnover, so I will be taking reserve players, if anyone is interested.

The players:
@penpenpen TK-420 "Bucket" (deceased)
@RuusMarev TK-320 (deceased)
@rogue_09 TR-920 Daos Quest
@Edgehawk TK-808 "Beatbox"

Group resources: bad luck and RAW stats.

Destiny Pool: 2 Light, 3 Dark.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Image result for stormtrooper

Related image

Methinks we need a morale boost.

This sounds pretty fun. I'll jump in for a bit.

Definitely going to use this Name Generator and Random Character Traits generator every time a new character pops in. Gotta make them as fleshed out as possible so their inevitable death stings all the more.

Edited by rogue_09

I'm imagining that everytime we die, we go to the load screen waiting to respawn as the campaign continues :D :D

@rogue_09 @RuusMarev @penpenpen Do you guys want to go ahead and start and then bring in someone else if they are interested?

May as well. This is well suited for a high level of player turnover. No harm in kicking off and letting people drop in and out.

Rules for grouping up:

If the player groups up with NPCs, the player is in control.
If multiple players group up with each other, they have to agree on a given course of action. Too much disagreement and I may just narrate you as standing around arguing as blaster bolts zip over head.
When you group up, you take the highest of the Initiative slots owned by the participants of the group.
When you split the group you either fill a previous Initiative slot vacated by joining a group or you drop down to the bottom of the Initiative order.

Agreed?

I'll need some manner of feedback from all three of you please.

I think so. For my clarification, we are playing as a single minion trooper. We can team up with an NPC group (or each other) to gain skill ranks/wound threshold/meat shields, correct?

When that trooper inevitably dies, we jump back in with a new character?

Exactly.

Too much disagreement and I may just narrate you as standing around arguing as blaster bolts zip over head

LOLOLOL

I'm good to go, just be aware I'll have a learning curve to start... first time and all..

"Trooper 236 reporting.."

Edited by RuusMarev

Same here.

Love it. Will you be running Sergeants and Officers? Who could give us boosts (or use Imperial Valor and let us get blasted instead)?

8 minutes ago, rogue_09 said:

Love it. Will you be running Sergeants and Officers? Who could give us boosts (or use Imperial Valor and let us get blasted instead)?

Sometimes.

We've got a fourth player! @Edgehawk has signed up for at least the first episode.

@penpenpen Are you good with the grouping rules? Can we go ahead and start?

9 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@penpenpen Are you good with the grouping rules? Can we go ahead and start?

Of course, go nuts.

Okay!

@penpenpen , @Edgehawk , @rogue_09 , and @RuusMarev I'll need the names of your first stormtroopers, if you please. All have normal E-11s. Stats as RAW.

TK-420, and he intensely dislikes the nickname "Bucket". I mean, you puke in your helmet once...

On a personal note, the quartermaster has refused to replace TK-420's E-11 unless he can prove that there's actually anything wrong with it beyond being "unlucky".

3 minutes ago, penpenpen said:

On a personal note, the quartermaster has refused to replace TK-420's E-11 unless he can prove that there's actually anything wrong with it beyond being "unlucky".

Setback incoming! ;)

TK-808, "Beatbox."

Can't drop a rebel to save his laminate rear, but this trooper knows how to drop a beat. When sith gets real, he tends to utilize strategic cover, making a wide variety of realistic battle sounds over coms to convincingly convey he's actually in the thick of it.

@RuusMarev , you're running "Trooper 236" right?
@rogue_09 , what's yours?

Name: Daos Quest

Designation: TR-920

Personality: jealous, coarse, compassionate

He was originally accepted into officer school, but Daos can't separate his deep emotions from his situation. Combined with an outwardly prickly demeanor, he was quickly knocked back to the Stormtrooper Corps to toughen up and smooth down that disrespectful streak. I'm sure he'll come out of his tour of duty as a rising star in the Imperial Officer Corps.

Correct.. been in the Service of the Empire for so long 236 sometimes forgets his actual name, due largly to the fact nobody ever calls him by his birth name. Mostly "Old man" not that hes OLD, but these new troops just look like kids.

236 also has a more cynical outlook of service, seen alot of incompetence in the officer ranks, and doesn't trust anything from Intelligence... "I'll believe it when i see it" Is almost a daily mantra.