Faces of the Empire OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Am I at short now? If I fire first, then move, it's 1P?

I guess it doesn't matter. Either way, I'm toast because I can't gain the defense of the group before the enemies act.

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You don't technically "join" the minion group until the first relevant initiative slot next round when everyone in the group has not acted yet in the round.

Is that RAW? I'm running my minion groups wrong.

If you fire first and then move it's one P.

You do gain the defense of the group, you just don't act with them. I'm basically saying that if you are standing close enough, you are defensively a part of the group.

I don't think it is RAW, I believe that I came up with it. I don't think I'm contradicting anything, I'm just adding something that wasn't covered because they don't expect PCs to be Minions.

Copy that!

Maneuver to aim at grenade, Fire!

There they are! Blast 'em! : 3eA+1eD+2eS 1 success, 1 threat
a--.png a-s.png a-s.png d-f-th.png s--.png s--.png

Flip DP to squad up with the rest of the group. Strength in numbers!

Nice! What were you hoping to achieve with shooting the grenade?

Setting it off in his hand. I was really hoping for enough advantage to activate Blast as well, but alas.

With the threat, I'll say that it is knocked out of his hand, so he only takes the damage from Blast (6).

Do you want to IC your turn and then I narrate the consequences, or do you want me to just narrate the whole thing?

Now it's the Kyuzo's turn:

Maneuver: Draw another Grenade
Maneuver (2 strain): run to short range
Action: Throw grenade at TK-829 (stormtrooper group counts as engaged): Grenade Out! : 2eP+2eA+1eC 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-a-a.png p-tr.png a-a-a.png a--.png c-th.png

2 Advantage trigger Blast (dealing 2 damage past soak to all Stormtroopers).
1 Advantage passes on a Boost.
Triumph inflicts a Critical Injury on TK-829: Critical Injury : 1d100 8 Slowed Down: the character can only act on the last allied initiative slot on his next turn.

Now it's the Mando's turn:

Maneuver: True Aim
Action: Shoot at the Stormtrooper minion group: Shooting at the minion group : 3eP+2eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s.png p-a-a.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-th-th.png d-th.png

forgot a die : 1eB 1 success, 1 advantage
b-s-a.png

With the 2 Advantage he'll get a free maneuver and drop prone.

The remaining members of the minion group fire at the Kyuzo:

Fire! : 2eP+1eA+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-f-f.png s--.png

2 Advantage: Add a Setback to the targeted opponent's next check.
2 Advantage: Add Boost to TK-829.

@rogue_09 You're up again! You've got the full group at your disposal (4 counting you).

Aim and fire at the Kyuzo. Gotta keep those grenades out of play. Still 1eD ?

Plus a Setback for defense.

Kyuzo Killerz : 3eP+1eB+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-tr.png p-tr.png p-s-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png s-f.png

Ahahaha. Wow...

I would love to cause another grenade to pop. Maybe causes a little more damage? That then sets a fuel cell on fire and smokes up the platform really badly. Our helmets can seal particulates, so we won't breathe anything in.

I am also very open to suggestions from the others.

I suppose since strain damage is translated to wounds for minions, I can't recover a "strain/wound" for that Advantage. If not, pass a Boost to the next ally since the enemy is very harried by this new chaos.

Wow that roll.

No, you can't detonate a grenade, you didn't actually hit him.

However, if you also flip a DP I'll say that you shot the cargo you were using as cover, and that it contained a fuel that when detonated causes a lot of smoke etc. (concealment 2, hazardous environment rating 2).

You can't recover a wound in this case because it was inflicted by something that does wound damage rather than by something that does strain damage.

I would respectfully argue the fuel detonating falls into a two Triumph result since I dealt no damage.

Good point on the recovery. Boost it is.

You are determining the existence of the fuel with the DP. You are triggering it with the 2 Triumph.

Go for it. Let's get messy.

The ceiling collapses, debris land in a way that separates to the two groups :D :D :D :D

Sort of the same result. Just belching smoke and flame! 😈

The roof can't collapse because there is no roof, it's an open-topped starport.

Do you want to IC it or do you want me to narrate it?

The Kyuzo's turn (he has a breath filter [Kyuzo need a special atmospheric mixture] so he doesn't take any damage from the smoke).

Incidental: Holster pistol.
Maneuver: Draw vibroaxe.
Maneuver: (2 strain): Run up to engaged range of TK-829.
Action: Swing at TK-829: Axing TK-829 a question : 1eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s.png a--.png a--.png c--.png d-th.png

The one Threat is that he takes one strain.

The Mandalorian goes next (he has a Vacuum sealed helmet, so he doesn't take any damage):

Maneuver: True Aim
Action: Firing at TK-829: Shooting at TK-829 : 3eP+2eB+2eC+1eS 1 failure, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a.png p-s-a.png b-s.png b-a-a.png c-f-th.png c-f.png s-f.png

With 2 Advantage he will get a free maneuver to relocate (forcing a Perception check to discover him) and with the other 3 Advantage he will ignore penalizing environmental effects.