Faces of the Empire OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

We're up? I assume we'll have cover from the office doorway? Is there a control in here to lockdown the spaceport and/or call for air support? I don't want them stealing the cargo shuttle.

Do we even have air support?

You've got air support, but it would be sort of like using a flame-thrower to kill a spider. You're in a populated area and there are imperial assets still in the starport.

This was a civilian starport taken over by the Empire, so security measures are pretty much non-existent. There are locks on all of the doors, but the security for entrance into the starport itself (from the back) has been compromised as a result of the outer control panel being destroyed.

There is a control to lockdown the vessel in the bay, as theft is certainly a concern. In order to prevent theft of vessels, the Empire has installed a security system to link up with their ships that can control the ship's anti-theft devices. Unfortunately you do not have clearance to access those controls and the personnel that do have all escaped on the transports.

If you flip a DP I'll say that the console was not locked because the personnel in charge of said console were in a panicked hurry to leave. However, it will take a person 1 round to properly lock down the ship.

The doorway will give you 1 die of cover.

One person or one whole group of us can lock down the ship? Will there be a check, or sacrificing our action to succeed? Could one of us peel off, lock down the transport, while the rest take a shot?

Can I get a DP count?

(Sorry I'm hogging this encounter, everyone else. Is it possible for y'all to be the other troopers in the squad?)

1 individual, so you could break off from the pack and lock down the ship.

DP count is at the bottom of the first post of this thread (currently 2L/3D).

The mission is almost over, so it would probably be best for them to wait until the next one rather than coming up with a character who dies in the next five seconds.

If you survive, there will probably be a promotion in it for you!

Are we rereolling Destiny for the next mission?

What range is the Mandolorian and what's his difficulty to hit?

If the one with the damaged rifles locks down the ship, that's two left in the group to aim and fire.

(What I really want to do is a Knowledge(Warfare) check to figure out what their endgame is, but that's too fiddly for a trooper squad. I'm running on the assumption they're here for the shipment.)

Sure glad all this smoke and fire did a lot to help us. We troopers just can't catch a break.

Yes, we're re-rolling Destiny every mission.

He is at Medium range, so difficulty is PPSS.

Well, you didn't ask if they had re-breathers.

We also didn't blow up a fuel tank on purpose. In the heat of battle, our crack Stormtrooper training kicked in and with precision and skill, we hit everything but our target. 😎

Ol' TK-BrokeRifle is hitting the lockdown. Flipping a DP and aiming for the two of us to snap a few shots at the Mandalorian.

2eP+1eA+1eB+2eD+2eS ?

You can only use 1 DP per turn, and you have to use one to access the console so you can't get the additional upgrade for your roll.
I'll flip a DP to upgrade the difficulty of that roll, so your dice pool is: 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD+1eC+2eS .

Disbando this rando Mando : 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD+1eC+2eS 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-s-a.png a-a.png b--.png d-th.png c-f.png s-th.png s-th.png

10 damage. Waiting to see how that shakes out before I decide the Triumph.

You've dropped him.

I'm sorry, I forgot. He is engaged with the sergeant, so would you please roll a Challenge die to replace the Difficulty die?

Don't hit the Sarge : 1eC 0 successes, 2 threat
c-th-th.png

Okay that makes 2 Threat total.

What do you want to do with the Triumph?

Can the Triumph start clearing the smoke so we catch sight of the Kyuzo?

I'll reduce the concealment by one, but you don't know where he is. Since your turn is over, just wait until the Kyuzo goes (next initiative slot) before we talk about whether or not you see him ;) .

With the 2 Threat I'll give the Kyuzo a free maneuver.

Critical Injury : 1d100 16 Distracted: the character cannot perform a maneuver during his next turn.

Go ahead and narrate it in the IC.

And I keep doing this and I'm sorry, but I just remembered that I passed a Setback onto the minion group as a result of the sergeant check, would you please roll 1 Setback die?

I'm sorry I keep forgetting.

Can I just take it on the next check so we don't keep retconning posts?

Yes. Sorry.

No worries. That way we can keep things moving. I'll try to be more vigilant too.

The Kyuzo:

Free maneuver: move to engage
Action: swing Vibroaxe at the Stormtroopers in the doorway: Chopping at the Stormtrooper group : 1eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat
p-s-s.png a--.png a-s.png d-f-th.png d-th.png s--.png

Who gets hit? (TR-920=3+4) : 1d4 4

Sorry @rogue_09 , but maybe you'll survive? Because you are the last one left and I said I might promote you if you survived, go ahead and make an Average Resilience check to see if you can hang on until medical help arrives. Any objections from the other players? DP expenditure? Thoughts?

What do you want the 2 Threat to do?

(he still has 2 maneuvers left, I'm just waiting to resolve the check)

Should I add that Setback to this check?

Nah, I'll just disregard it. It was for being surprised by the spray of fire from the sergeants attack. We'll just say that your training allowed you to overcome the surprise and not suffer the Setback.

Nice!

What do you want to spend the Kyuzo's 2 Threat on?

He thinks I'm out of the fight and ignores me, so I get a Boost to my next action.

FYI, I like the Resilience check thing. Maybe make that a rule for all of us? One chance to survive for poor heroic mooks? Failure and we're toast; success and we still exist at our threshold.