The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

20 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , I'm assuming you were using you second maneuver to increase speed by 1 as well? What are you doing with the 4 advantage? Also I will need you to also roll a d100 for the despair like @Jonas Shaaf .

The next leg of the race will be the same rules for the check, but with a setback for the corner. Also if you guys accelerate please let me know my marking at a maneuver so I don't have to double check or calculate it from the checks. :)

Yeah that was what I said from the beginning, I took both maneuvers to accelerate twice in order to get to speed 2 since the bike doesn’t have the System strain threshold to withstand a Punch It maneuver. I’ll use the advantages to reduce my System Strain. And an Action for the drive.

Despair : 1d100 18

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Tramp Graphics , in that case I'm going to need you to mark the strain for the vehicle on your character sheet. Also as you failed the check you will have lost a speed rating regardless. The d100 give you a vehicle critical injury of "Jostled" (easy check to repair when the time comes). This causes you to suffer a strain and to be disorientated for the next round (giving you a total of 2 setback dice on your check).

Ideally I would like everyone to make a separate sheet for their vehicles on swsheets, it's going to make my life easier in terms of checking stuff.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , in that case I'm going to need you to mark the strain for the vehicle on your character sheet. Also as you failed the check you will have lost a speed rating regardless. The d100 give you a vehicle critical injury of "Jostled" (easy check to repair when the time comes). This causes you to suffer a strain and to be disorientated for the next round (giving you a total of 2 setback dice on your check).

Ideally I would like everyone to make a separate sheet for their vehicles on swsheets, it's going to make my life easier in terms of checking stuff.

I just noticed something while writing up Lei Mie’s bike, the Red Racer . The Flare-S gets a +2 to Handling . I didn’t include that in my rolls.🥺

If I might suggest... When in a round situation every PC should clearly state each round what they are doing.

IE:

Maneuver: Accelerate to speed 2

Additional Maneuver: Accelerate to speed 3 (marked off 2 strain for PC and vehicle)

Action: Drive. insert die roll

On 3/31/2019 at 3:47 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , the faliure means your speed drops by 1, and for the despair I'm going to need you to roll a D100. What do you want to do with the advantage?

Use two of the advantage to get a free second maneuver, and accelerate to Speed 2. Use the rest to ignore the terrain penalty on Round 3.

Despair : 1d100 72

Edited by Jonas Shaaf
More advantage!
2 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I just noticed something while writing up Lei Mie’s bike, the Red Racer . The Flare-S gets a +2 to Handling . I didn’t include that in my rol  ls.

Ah crud. Same mistake here.

@Jawa4thewin makes a very good suggestion. Please can everyone try to use this format for the following checks, and I will try to do the same for the NPC's.

Race Positions (3rd Leg):

1. @Edgehawk , speed 2, 6s1t
  2. Kriff, speed 2, 2s2t
  3. Wheeler, speed 2, 2s3t, system strain 2/3
  4. Rodian, speed 2, 1s3a
  5. @Tramp Graphics , speed 2, 1s

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage

p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png c-f-f.png d--.png s--.png Cannot accelerate any further, advantage spent to downgrade difficulty of next check

Wheeler Race Check : 3eP+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 threat
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s.png c-f-th.png d-f-th.png s-th.png

Missed Boost : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png Takes 2 strain to herself and speeder to accelerate to speed 2, threat spent to upgrade difficulty of next check.

Kriff's Race Check : 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png c-f.png d-th-th.png s-th.png Flips destiny point to upgrade check, disadvantage adds setback dice to next check.

@Edgehawk I think I'll say your speeder takes 1 strain for the threat in this case.

@Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics , unfortunately we have passed the point where we can go back and edit the posts for the missing dice conveniently, but you can use them in this check. Also don't forget that that you will need to spend a second maneuver (2 strain to vehicle and yourself) if you want to get back into the main pack of the race, as you are both at speed 1 due to the failed checks.

Also don't forget guys, you can use the advantage/disadvantage out of this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwwv62LFLtQvRGpDTWQtUmJibkU/view

Edited by Rabobankrider
7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Jawa4thewin makes a very good suggestion. Please can everyone try to use this format for the following checks, and I will try to do the same for the NPC's.

1. @Edgehawk , speed 2, 6s1t
  2. Kriff, speed 2, 2s2t
  3. Wheeler, speed 2, 2s3t, system strain 2/3
  4. Rodian, speed 2, 1s3a

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage

p--.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png a-s-a.png c-f-f.png d--.png s--.png Cannot accelerate any further, advantage spent to downgrade difficulty of next check

Wheeler Race Check : 3eP+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 3 threat
p-s-s.png p-s.png p-s.png c-f-th.png d-f-th.png s-th.png

Missed Boost : 1eB 0 successes
b--.png Takes 2 strain to herself and speeder to accelerate to speed 2, threat spent to upgrade difficulty of next check.

Kriff's Race Check : 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat
p-s.png p-s-a.png a-s.png c-f.png d-th-th.png s-th.png Flips destiny point to upgrade check, disadvantage adds setback dice to next check.

@Edgehawk I think I'll say your speeder takes 1 strain for the threat in this case.

@Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics , unfortunately we have passed the point where we can go back and edit the posts for the missing dice conveniently, but you can use them in this check. Also don't forget that that you will need to spend a second maneuver (2 strain to vehicle and yourself) if you want to get back into the main pack of the race, as you are both at speed 1 due to the failed checks.

Also don't forget guys, you can use the advantage/disadvantage out of this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwwv62LFLtQvRGpDTWQtUmJibkU/view

Should we be at Speed 3 presently, or am I mistaken?

@Edgehawk , unless you spend a maneuver to increase the speed (which the npc's have not at this point), you remain at speed 2. This does actually raise a good point though. If you do increase your speed for a leg such as this (for example) it would be 3 dice instead of 2.

Okay.. so the difficulty reflects the speed you are trying to attain, not your current speed, if you are maneuvering to increase? Okay. That does make sense. Sorry- not much experience with this aspect of the mechanics.

I have decided to drop out from this game. Good luck to everyone else and win that race!

Ok @Jonas Shaaf you're all that's left.

On 4/7/2019 at 5:28 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Ok @Jonas Shaaf you're all that's left.

One maneuver to accelerate to Speed 3, plus the drive action (3 Boost for Handling & Tuning; Setback removed from last turn's advantage):

Race Phase 3 : 1eP+2eA+3eB+2eD+1eC 2 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png b-a-a.png b--.png b-s-a.png d-f.png d-th.png c-th-th.png

Use the two advantage to get a Boost next round.

@Jonas Shaaf , bear in mind you and your speeder will take 2 strain from this. Assuming you are ok with this, this actually puts you to the head of the pack.

@Shlambate , don't forget if there is anything you want to do/anyone you want to talk to, you can do (just don't want you being left out).

1. @Jonas Shaaf , speed 3, 2s2a
  2. @Edgehawk , speed 2, 6s1t
  3. Kriff, speed 2, 2s2t
  4. Wheeler, speed 2, 2s3t, system strain 2/3
  5. Rodian, speed 2, 1s3a
  6. @Tramp Graphics , speed 2, 1s

I will sort the ic and you can all add your own individual parts as well.

To get things preemptively prepared for the next check it will be the same style check again, but with no setback this time.

Race Positions (4th leg):

1. -
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -

Accelerate to Speed 3 + Drive : 1eA+3eP+2eB+2eD+1eC 1 success, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-tr.png b-s-a.png b--.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png c-th.png

Edit: Any chance the Triumph and/or Advantage could be used to offset vehicular Strain for a second maneuver? Zara not accelerating last round was player error (I thought that would be the default, in a race.. but misunderstood the rolls, and failed to roll accordingly)?

Edited by Edgehawk
16 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate , don't forget if there is anything you want to do/anyone you want to talk to, you can do (just don't want you being left out).

I'm the Mechanic, I am watching the race and trying to follow as best as possible incase one of my racer's breaks down. I am the pit stop.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:57 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , bear in mind you and your speeder will take 2 strain from this. Assuming    you are ok with this, this actually puts you to the head of the pack. 

I'm only taking one maneuver. Where's the strain from?

I was Speed 2 at the end of last round (thanks to all that advantage)

Edited by Jonas Shaaf

@Jonas Shaaf , sorry, I'd missed your free maneuver there carry on.

@Edgehawk , advantage there should be able to get a free maneuver there yeah. You still have a triumph to spend as well.

14 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf , sorry, I'd missed your free maneuver there carry on.

@Edgehawk , advantage there should be able to get a free maneuver there yeah. You still have a triumph to spend as well.

I guess just upgrade Kriff's check. Don't want to fight too dirty.. he has a passenger.

OK, one Maneuver going from Speed 2 to Speed three, then Drive action.

Piloting (planetary) : 2eA+1eP+3eB+2eD+1eC 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png p-s-a.png b-a-a.png b-s-a.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png c-f.png

I spend my Advantages to gain an additional Pilot Only Maneuver, which I will also use for Drive in order to get even closer to or pass those ahead of me (however many range bands they currently are).

@Tramp Graphics , as this is a structured race where you need a check for each leg (the equivalent of the range bands here), that's not going to be possible I'm afraid. Your best best if you want to get ahead is to do like @Edgehawk did and increase your speed, putting you up around the front.

Race Positions (4th leg):

1. -
  2. @Edgehawk speed 4: 1s3a1T
  3. Wheeler, speed 3: 4s3t
  4. @Jonas Shaaf
  5. Rodian, speed 2: 1s3a
  6. Kriff, speed 2: 1f1t

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

p-s-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png c-f.png d-f.png Spends advantage to add boost to next check.

Wheeler Race Check : 3eP+1eC+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 3 threat
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png c-th-th.png d--.png d-th.png s-f.png upgrades difficulty of next check.

Kriff Race Check : 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD 1 failure, 1 threat
p-a-a.png a-s-s.png a--.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png d-f-f.png , check upgrades by Zara's triumph, threat spent to take 1 system strain.

@Jonas Shaaf before I can do the ic I will need your check.

Edited by Rabobankrider

Cormil's feeling bold... Accelerate to Speed 4 and Go! (4 boost --- two from handling, one from the tuneup and 1 from spare advantage last round)

Race Leg 4 : 1eP+2eA+4eB+1eC+3eD 0 successes, 1 Despair
p-s-a.png a--.png a-a.png b--.png b-a.png b-s.png b--.png c-d.png d-f-th.png d-th.png d-th.png

Well, THAT ended well...

In case you need another d100 roll...

https://orokos.com/roll/718691#