The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Sorry guys, got no internet right now so I'm just sorting a quick update for you lot. I will get the losts up as soon as internet is back so I'm not burning data.

Ok, should have the internet back up by the 13th. Sorry for the delay guys, as soon as it's back up I will sort posts for you (just can't do it properly on my phone).

On 2/27/2019 at 8:53 PM, Shlambate said:

@Rabobankrider can I inspect the bikes with mechanics? I think you skipped over my question.

Hal is watching

@Shlambate , sorry! Are you planning to look at the racing speeders or the ones parked around the place? It's an average check for both, but a setback for the ones about to race because with them being so close to starting you won't be able to get too close.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate , sorry! Are you planning to look at the racing speeders or the ones parked around the place? It's an average check for both, but a setback for the ones about to race because with them being so close to starting you won't be able to get too close.

Can I give the guys a warning if I do? Like what they are up against?

Sure, you could rush out to them like the doc did, or shout out. You just won't be allowed to go all over the other racers bikes/land speeder while they're on them.

: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 1 success, 4 advantage
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png d--.png d-th.png s-f.png

Ok all, the landlord still hasn't sorted my internet (I'm doing this from a pub with wifi), so I may go dark for a little bit again. They are now saying it will be done by the 19th, so hopefully I will be back to businesses as usual.

@Shlambate , you can tell that the rodians bike probably can't reach top speed without shaking itself apart, the landspeeder is mostly for show and isn't actually thst kitted out for racing, and that the speeder bike is probably the only one there that's had work done to race. You would have time to let the others know before the race starts.

I know I haven't narrated the race starting, but can I get the racers to make a piloting planetary check (no difficulty) please. That way when I'm back online I can get you guys straight into the action.

Piloting-Planetary : 1eA+3eP 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png p-s.png p-s.png p-a-a.png

Piloting (Planetary) : 2eA+1eP 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-s.png p-a-a.png

Awww nobody wanted a boost in the race 😫

6 hours ago, Jawa4thewin said:

Awww nobody wanted a boost in the race 😫

What kind of "boost"?

Pharmaceutical

4 minutes ago, Jawa4thewin said:

Pharmaceutical

Maybe later.

Ok guys, my landlord STILL hasn't sorted my internet, and the date has now been set to Friday. I'm going to try and see if I can use a mates but in the mean time I'm still going to be inactive. Sorry again for this, hopefully it'll be dealt with properly soon.

I am finally back online! Keep your eyes out for a post tomorrow or the day after, as I will try to get things back to running normal. Thanks for sticking around everyone!

On 3/20/2019 at 4:18 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Ok guys, my landlord STILL hasn't sorted my internet, and the date has now been set to Friday. I'm going to try and see if I can use a mates but in the mean time I'm still going to be inactive. Sorry again for this, hopefully it'll be dealt with properly soon.

I hate your landlord!

@Jawa4thewin , ah, so do I.

@Jonas Shaaf I just need your piloting check for the race order as well.

I've also just realised (an oversight on my part, I don't do a lot with vehicles usually) that I don't have stats for @Tramp Graphics 's or @Jonas Shaaf 's vehicles. If you guys can get those sorted that'll be great.

Below is the order for the race (I am assuming you are all punching it as that is what the NPC's will be doing).

Race Order and Leg:

1. Rodian: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/2 strain
  2. Wheeler: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/2 strain
  3. @Edgehawk : 1st leg
  4. @Tramp Graphics : 1st leg
  5. Kriff: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/5 strain

Future checks will be made using the terrain rules for difficulty (speed=difficulty upgraded by silhouette divided by 2). This check is more to see who is on the ball enough to be off the line first.

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 4 advantage

p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png

Wheeler's Race Check : 3eP 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png

Kriff's Race Check : 1eP+2eA 2 successes
p-s.png a--.png a-s.png

Those of you not racing, feel free to still make regular posts, there's plenty of npc's to interact with, or simply supporting your favourite racer!

Edited by Rabobankrider
45 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

(I am assuming you are all punching it as th  at is what the NPC's will be doing).   

Can any of these vehicles actually take the system strain such a maneuver would incur?

Edit: It looks like each of the npc vehicles took 1 Strain. I thought it was 1 Strain per level of speed increase, so punching it from 0-5 would incur 5 Strain? If you're running it differently, I'm happy with it, just checking.

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , you are right, I misread that (long day). I will adjust speeds and the ic accordingly.

Edited by Rabobankrider
2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , you are right, I misread that (long day). I will adjust speeds accordingly.

I thought maybe you were doing things your own way, because punching it certainly fits, narratively.

True, though I do see why they've done it this way mechanically speaking, so I think I will stick with the books in the end.

Sorry, but I'm struggling to understand Speed 2, suffering only 1 Strain?

Crap.. they all have a rank in High-G Training?

Again, I've only really been in one vehicular chase/ race scene before, so I'm hitting the books. No trying to be a pain- just trying to figure out how to keep up...

The only way I see for Zara to reach Speed 2 is to take a second maneuver (suffering 2 Strain, and also incurring 2 Strain to her swoop, putting it at its threshold right out of the gate)?