The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Rabobankrider ok i am officially confused. How many doses of which drugs are on the table?

5 booster blue, 3 neutron pixie and 2 glitterstim. Those last two are very expensive unfortunately due to Imperial regs.

So Vic would have either ridden with someone or took public transit? What are we thinking?

9 hours ago, TheShard said:

So Vic would have either ridden with someone or took public transit? What are we thinking?

Zh'on's Sidecar?!

Haha ok did you already arrive if not go ahead and narrate

Edited by TheShard

Ok, after the last speeder check, I will get you guys onto the next part. I am going to ask that you guys give me a few extra details on npc's that you might know around town. Friends, family, rivals etc. I'm planning to use the party setting to help integrate your characters into the background, as most of you have been around ic for quite a few years. The more details you give me, the more I can work into the story. :)

@vandarl , I do need to hear from you soon if you are remaining in the campaign.

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I am going to ask that you guys give me a few extra details on npc's that you might know around town.

Character sheet updated.

@Shlambate , in this case it would be another 'lessons learnt' I'm afraid (boost on next check for the next tune-up in the future). Unfortunately the book doesn't have much for 1 advantage, I'll try work on some more for the future. The success also provides the rider with a boost for the next use (race etc).

Just in case you hadn't seen this, and wanted to check it out: @Rabobankrider

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , good find!

Ok, assuming everyone is ready to go you guys can throw up a post heading towards the beach, and I will set the scene for you guys. :)

https://goo.gl/images/svU55J

Detective Ari Lavage is a CorSec officer who has attempted to recruit Zara for special operations, following her discharge from the Academy. Zara's response to being publicly chatted up by an operative resulted in a brawl, of course; but during a subsequent private encounter.. the two found they got along considerably better. Zara has not yet committed to assisting the security force in any capacity, but the detective has proven to be both persistent and persuasive.

latest?cb=20150526060940

Zara fell in with Sheeni soon after her arrival in the city, and the two immediately hit it off. It was a rush, but ultimately Zara decided she wanted more for herself than a life of petty crime (and probably a brutal end, or eventual incarceration). She quit while she was ahead, when she received her acceptance message from the academy. When Zara ran into her recently, she was frankly surprised her friend had not been killed or locked up. Turns out Sheeni had retired from armed robbery and joined The Pheromones ... Sheeni is a punk rocker!

Edited by Edgehawk
2nd contact added.

Ok, so you guys have quite a few options on what you can do here before racing, so feel free to explore! This section will be fairly rp heavy up to the race itself as a heads up. :)

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, so you guys have quite a few options on what you can do here before racing, so feel free to explore! This section will be fairly rp heavy up to the race itself as a heads up. :)

What'd be the Charm difficulty for a dance on the dance stage to get all the guys eyes on Lei Mie, and get them all "charged up", and get this party really started?

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Tramp Graphics , dancing would be a coordination. I'd say it'd be an average check, but it will be with 2 setback and 1 boost. As a heads up the celebration are already a good way started. Also as you approach you would notice it doesn't really look like a dance stage. Someone has left a few crates and a bunch of cables around near by.

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , dancing would be a coordination. I'd say it'd be an average check, but it will be with 2 setback and 1 boost. As a heads up the celebration are already a good way started. Also as you approach you would notice it doesn't really look like a dance stage. Someone has left a few crates and a bunch of cables around near by.

Not that kind of "acrobatic" dance. More like a seductive dance. That's why I asked about Charm.

Ok, so it doesn't really caused the hype planned, but a couple of people do notice. I'll sort it ic. @Tramp Graphics feel free to throw up your post when ready

Edited by Rabobankrider

@vandarl , unfortunately due to your inactivity I am going to have to remove you from the campaign.

Sorry for the delay, will try to get a post up tomorrow.

On 2/14/2019 at 6:08 PM, Rabobankrider said:

I am going to ask that you guys give me a few extra details on npc's that you might know around town. Friends, family, rivals etc. I'm planning to use the party setting to help integrate your characters into the background, as most of you have been around ic for quite a few years. The more details you give me, the more I can work into the story.  :)

Added in some contacts to the SWsheet

Can I use a Mechanics check to get intel on the other bikes?

Sorry for the delay again guys, I'm going to try and get more posts up at latest by Wednesday (hopefully tomorrow). Also, is everyone happy with receiving xp at the end of sessions currently? I know that pbp's do mean that everything takes longer so just wanted to check if people wanted to try a change up of this?

I'm going to take this chance to check for some feedback, is everyone happy with how things are going? Anyone want more or less things done? Anything to be done differently etc?

22 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Sorry for the delay again guys, I'm going to try and get more posts up at latest by Wednesday (hopefully tomorrow). Also, is everyone happy with receiving xp at the end of sessions currently? I know that pbp's do mean that everything takes longer so just wanted to check if people wanted to try a change up of this?

I'm going to take this chance to check for some feedback, is everyone happy with how things are going? Anyone want more or less things done? Anything to be done differently etc?

I have been enjoying everything thus far. As a fast-ish poster I prefer a faster rate but I know that is hard to come by in a PbP game.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe some sort of "Waiting on XXXXX input" thing in the OOOC thread so the game doesn't drag to a halt cause the GM is waiting on player(s) input while the players are waiting on the GM to advance the story.

@Jawa4thewin , fair points, I will try to add that more often.

@Rabobankrider can I inspect the bikes with mechanics? I think you skipped over my question.