The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Ok, with all that you still have 10,850 credits if you want to look into a land or air speeder. After that I think you guys will be ready to proceed!

Cool, so unless you guys want to spend the 850 on an attachment or something, you're good to go!

@vandarl , still need to hear back from you about obligation details.

2 hours ago, Jawa4thewin said:

yeah we can get another air speeder normal car!

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicles/394/

Come on, live a little! Pick up the Mobquet AV-21 for 6500 and add some mods!

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicles/1675/

You should mod your swoop, too, @Tramp Graphics

(edit: Attachments, not mods, of course).

Please tell me the Ewok gets the sidecar?! @TheShard @vandarl

Edited by Edgehawk

So how many bikes am I in charge of? Keeping in good shape that is?

16 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

So how many bikes am I in charge of? Keeping in good shape that is?

Three.

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Come on, live a little! Pick up the Mobquet AV-21 for 6500 and add some mods!

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicles/1675/

You should mod your swoop, too, @Tramp Graphics

(edit: Attachments, not mods, of course).

Please tell me the Ewok gets the sidecar?! @TheShard @vandarl

I am good with whatever but just want to avoid three weeks of discussing and debating what we want for vehicles when we could be playing.

If someone wants to take the lead and min max the vehicles then go for it. I just threw my ideas out there so we could get going.

Ok, is there anything you guys want to do before heading to the event? If so this is the time to do it.

How long do we have before we need to be there?

Well it will start in a few hours, but you can turn up whenever you want really.

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Well it will start in a few hours, but you can turn up whenever you want really.

Can I go shopping?

Sure, what are you looking for?

So I've been looking for rules on 'tuning' vehicles, and currently haven't found much. So what I think I'm going to do is use the rules for fully operational when it comes to building craft. Mechanic checks can be used on either hull or engines of a craft, and advantage/disadvantage will be used to cause temporary conditions (for the duration of the next race/chase etc).

@Shlambate If you'd have time to tune up all 3 bikes, but you can choose to focus on either the hull or the engine of each bike.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

So I've been looking for rules on 'tuning' vehicles, and currently haven't found much. So what I think I'm going to do is use the rules for fully operational when it comes to building craft. Mechanic checks can be used on either hull or engines of a craft, and advantage/disadvantage will be used to cause temporary conditions (for the duration of the next race/chase etc).

@Shlambate If you'd have time to tune up all 3 bikes, but you can choose to focus on either the hull or the engine of each bike.

Did anybody roll for starting credits?

@Rabobankrider Let's go with the engines.

14 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I think there's a Rigger in the group who might also be interested in this, for his own swoop at least? @Jonas Shaaf

Edited by Edgehawk

@Shlambate cool, it's doesn't have to be engines for all just to clarify. You could do 2 engines, one hull etc.

@Tramp Graphics , why would you roll for credits? The books say 500 plus whatever you take from obligation.

21 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , why would you roll for credits? The books say 500 plus whatever you take from obligation.

I believe there is a 1d100 for pocket change noted somewhere, but I typically forget all about it.

Well we usually hand wave things worthy of small amounts of credits (food, drinks etc), so it's not really an issue anyway.

Ok, so when you guys are ready to do your prep before the event you can narrate the beginning of that and I will put of the relevant posts to follow up.

21 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate cool, it's doesn't have to be engines for all just to clarify. You could do 2 engines, one hull etc.

I don't know about EotE, but in the F&D CRB, once play starts, players are supposed to roll a percentile dice for credits they start play with.

Edit:

Yep. It's in EotE too, on page 98:

Characters keep any unspent credits when they start the game. In addition, once the player has finished spending his starting credits, he rolls 1 d 100. His character gains this many additional credits as "pocket money" at the beginning of the game. This additional money may not be spent during character creation.

I often forget this step too, so I'm wondering if everybody did.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Well, we've already started so I'd say leave it. Pocket change worthy things don't cost actual credits so I wouldn't worry. You guys will make plenty of credits with a few wins.