The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

17 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Jawa4thewin , ah, so do I.

@Jonas Shaaf I just need your piloting check for the race order as well.

I've also just realised (an oversight on my part, I don't do a lot with vehicles usually) that I don't have stats for @Tramp Graphics 's or @Jonas Shaaf 's vehicles. If you guys can get those sorted that'll be great.

Below is the order for the race (I am assuming you are all punching it as that is what the NPC's will be doing).

Race Order and Leg:

1. Rodian: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/2 strain
  2. Wheeler: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/2 strain
  3. @Edgehawk : 1st leg
  4. @Tramp Graphics : 1st leg
  5. Kriff: 1st leg, speed 2, 1/5 strain

Future checks will be made using the terrain rules for difficulty (speed=difficulty upgraded by silhouette divided by 2). This check is more to see who is on the ball enough to be off the line first.

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 4 advantage

p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png

Wheeler's Race Check : 3eP 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png

Kriff's Race Check : 1eP+2eA 2 successes
p-s.png a--.png a-s.png

Those of you not racing, feel free to still make regular posts, there's plenty of npc's to interact with, or simply supporting your favourite racer!

Mine's a stock Flare-S Swoop .

On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Jonas Shaaf I just need your piloting check for the race order as well.

Boost die added due to to tune up.

Race Order : 2eA+1eP+1eB 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
a-s.png a-s-a.png p-tr.png b-a-a.png

Ship stats are on the character sheet, but for reference are:

Sil 2, Spd 6, Hnd +2
Hull 1, Strain 3

@Edgehawk , again I seem to have misunderstood punch it here. Punch it should do strain per each speed that the vehicle goes up but it does go to the max, meaning that none of these vehicles except the landspeeder. Unfortunately I'm still relatively new to detailed vehicle encounters so apologies for the mistakes here and in the future. I have fixed the results again below.

@Edgehawk , @Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics when you are ready you can put up your posts about you guys coming off the starting line.

@TheShard you've been very quiet, you still with us? @Shlambate what do you want to do?

Race Order and Leg:

1. Rodian: 1st leg, speed 1, 1/2 strain
  2. Wheeler: 1st leg, speed 1, 1/2 strain
  3. @Edgehawk : 1st leg
  4. @Tramp Graphics : 1st leg
  5. Kriff: 1st leg, speed 1, 1/5 strain 

@Rabobankrider Waiting on the sidelines as a Pitstop if the bikes need it? Unless this is a drag race where its a straight line? Is it laps or just a straight shot?

Yeah, punching it on a Flare-S would not be a good Idea. I'd burn through all of its System Strain in one go. 😳 That would not be good. She does have two Maneuvers, however, so she'll accelerate to speed 2.

49 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Yeah, punching it on a Flare-S would not be a good Idea. I'd burn through all of its System Strain in one go. 😳 That would not be good. She does have two Maneuvers, however, so she'll accelerate to speed 2.

That would cost your swoop 2 Strain, in addition to your personal Strain (putting it at threshold).

20 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

That would cost your swoop 2 Strain, in addition to your personal Strain (putting it at threshold).

That's all Right, I still have an action I can use for Damage Control to reduce the system strain.And, no, it doesn't put it at threshold. The Flare -S has a System Strain of 3. Punching it would put it at threshold. Just going up to Speed two using two maneuvers leaves the swoop with one System Strain left.

Damage Control : 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-th.png

Edited by Tramp Graphics
51 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

That's all Right, I still have an action I can use for Damage Control to reduce the system strain.And, no, it doesn't put it at threshold. The Flare -S has a System Strain of 3. Punching it would put it at threshold. Just going up to Speed two using two maneuvers leaves the swoop with one System Strain left.

Damage Control : 2eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a--.png d-th.png d-th.png

How does one exactly do damage control while driving a speeder? Wouldn't you need a tool kit to even attempt it?

2 minutes ago, Jawa4thewin said:

How does one exactly do damage control while driving a speeder? Wouldn't you need a tool kit to even attempt it?

Not for system strain according to the rules, If I were to try to fix hull trauma, then I'd need tools. For System strain it's more a matter of adjusting the right dials and such. Not that Lei Mie is any good at that. :unsure:

3 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Not for system strain according to the rules, If I were to try to fix hull trauma, then I'd need tools. For System strain it's more a matter of adjusting the right dials and such. Not that Lei Mie is any good at that. :unsure:

There is nothing under the Damage control action that states if you'd need tools or not. Under the mechanics skill it does state any damaged device may be repaired with the proper tools. It also says at the game masters discretion it may be impossible to complete a repair without the necessary tools or components.

You might want to run it by the GM before you start rolling to see if there is any extra difficulty, as noted in the mechanics skill, or possible setbacks for trying to fix a bike you are riding at high speed at night time.

I will double check this tomorrow and give a ruling then (late day at work).

17 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I will double check this tomorrow and give a ruling then (late day at work).

I doesn't matter anyway. She failed the check with a Threat . Lei Mie is not mechanically inclined .

Edited by Tramp Graphics
21 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I doesn't matter anyway. She failed the check with a Threat . Lei Mie is not mechanically inclined .

It might very well matter if your difficulty should have been higher and/or there are setbacks because you could potentially roll a lot more threat.

@Tramp Graphics , having reviewed it unfortunately it is not possible to perform damage control during a race. Also assuming your first maneuver is to drive you'll be suffering the 2 strain, as will the speeder.

15 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , having reviewed it unfortunately it is not possible to perform damage control during a race. Also assuming your first maneuver is to drive you'll be suffering the 2 strain, as will the speeder.

Actually both my maneuvers were to accelerate. And I already applied the strain for that. And, besides the damage control check was a complete failure.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

@Tramp Graphics , you need to commit one maneuver each turn to drive your speeder, otherwise you're not going to be able to move. So as I said, you will be taking 2 strain to yourself and your bike if you want to accelerate twice.

In the mean time, can I get everyone to please roll for the next leg of the race (whoo!). The difficulty is based on half the vehicles silhouette and your speed. The higher number forms the basic difficulty, and is then upgraded by the lower number. There are no setback dice here as there is no terrain difficulty here.

Race phase 2 : 1eA+3eP+2eB+1eC 4 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-s.png b--.png b--.png c-f-th.png

Hey @Rabobankrider

I'm super busy with life. I think I'm gonna have to drop.

I'll try stay involved with the Jedi master game... Sorry folks.

@TheShard , that's fair enough. @Edgehawk , are you accelerating for your turn as well?

36 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , are you accelerating for your turn as well?

Sorry, yes! In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I'll even pass a Boost.

Cormil accelerates, so...

Race Phase 2 : 2eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD 2 failures, 5 advantage, 1 Despair
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png b--.png b--.png c-d.png d-f-th.png

Well, that ended well. Good race everyone!

@Jonas Shaaf , the faliure means your speed drops by 1, and for the despair I'm going to need you to roll a D100. What do you want to do with the advantage?

@Tramp Graphics just need your roll.

For anyone interested I am using this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwwv62LFLtQvRGpDTWQtUmJibkU/view (credit to @kinnison ) if you want suggestions for advantage etc beyond the core rule book. We aren't using the place score rules, but the rest is pretty solid for suggestions.

Race Order and Leg:

1. @Edgehawk : Speed 2, 4s1a
  2. Kriff: Speed 2, 3s, 1 threat, 1/3 ss
  3. Rodian: Speed 2 s1a2t
  4. @Jonas Shaaf : Speed 1, 2s5a1d
  5. @Tramp Graphics : Speed 1, 2f4a1d
  6. Wheeler: Speed 0, 1a

All racers use first maneuver to increase speed by 1.

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-a.png p-tr.png p-tr.png a-s.png c-f.png d--.png , uses triumph to cause Wheeler to reduce speed by one.

Wheeler's Race Check : 3eP+1eC+1eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png c-th-th.png d-f-f.png (Poor Wheeler), advantage spend to add boost to next check, speed is reduced by 2 due to fail and Rodian triumph.

Wheeler's Race Check : 1eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p--.png a-s.png a-s-s.png c-th.png d--.png , vehicle takes 1 system strain.

I'm going to hold off on the ic till I have all the results and then I sort the post all in one go.

Edited by Rabobankrider

@Tramp Graphics , I'm assuming you were using you second maneuver to increase speed by 1 as well? What are you doing with the 4 advantage? Also I will need you to also roll a d100 for the despair like @Jonas Shaaf .

The next leg of the race will be the same rules for the check, but with a setback for the corner. Also if you guys accelerate please let me know my marking at a maneuver so I don't have to double check or calculate it from the checks. :)

Race phase 3 : 1eA+3eP+2eB+1eD+1eC+1eS 6 successes, 1 threat
a--.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-a.png b-a.png b-s-a.png d-th.png c-th-th.png s-th.png