The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Jonas Shaaf , so unfortunately with the fail you lose one speed, but that still puts you on 3 so that's not too bad all things considered. With the +10 from your previous crit (which I hope everyone who has suffered one is tracking on their sheet), you have suffered from being 'jostled' you (the character not the bike) suffer a strain, and you are disorientated (adding a black dice to checks) for your next turn.

I will get the ic up later today hopefully.

@Tramp Graphics , what do you want to do regarding your advantage?

Edited by Rabobankrider
23 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , as this is a structured race where you need a check for each leg (the equivalent of the range bands here), that's not going to be possible I'm afraid. Your best best if you want to get ahead is to do like @Edgehawk did and increase your speed, putting you up around the front.

Race Positions (4th leg):

1. -
  2. @Edgehawk speed 4: 1s3a1T
  3. Wheeler, speed 3: 4s3t
  4. @Jonas Shaaf
  5. Rodian, speed 2: 1s3a
  6. Kriff, speed 2: 1f1t

Rodian Race Check : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 2 successes, 2 advantage

p-s-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png a-s-s.png c-f.png d-f.png Spends advantage to add boost to next check.

Wheeler Race Check : 3eP+1eC+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 3 threat
p-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png c-th-th.png d--.png d-th.png s-f.png upgrades difficulty of next check.

Kriff Race Check : 1eP+2eA+2eC+1eD 1 failure, 1 threat
p-a-a.png a-s-s.png a--.png c-th-th.png c-f-th.png d-f-f.png , check upgrades by Zara's triumph, threat spent to take 1 system strain.

@Jonas Shaaf before I can do the ic I will need your check.

Speed 3 is my top speed. The Flare-S doesn't go any faster than that. That's why I used the three Advantages to get another free Pilot Only maneuver, of which my choices are Accelerate/Decelerate (Not applicable since I'm already at top speed), Fly/Drive , Evasive Maneuvers (not applicable since noone is shooting at me), Stay on Target (Not applicable since this isn't combat, and I'm not trying to shoot anyone), and Punch It , (not applicable, since I'm already at top speed). My only other option would be to use them to force another racer to veer off, breaking any Aim or Stay On Target maneuvers, which aren't really appropriate here either. My only other option from your Swwopchasing PDf would be this:

Hit the apex perfectly or clear your nearby opponents. Downgrade the difficulty of your next check +2
place value.

Race Positions (4th leg):

1. @Edgehawk speed 4: 1s3a1T
  2. Wheeler, speed 3: 4s3t
  3. @Tramp Graphics , speed 3: 3s3a
  4. @Jonas Shaaf , speed 3: 0s1D
  5. Rodian, speed 2: 1s3a
  6. Kriff, speed 2: 1f1t

@Tramp Graphics , I'm going to assume you're going to upgrade your next check and move ahead.

So this leg is the fineal one in the race, and it's the flame ring. For anyone going at the same speed as anyone else, you will need to make an opposed cool check to see who is able to make it through the ring of fire first. Whoever loses the check drops their speed by 2.

Same style check for everyone, but with the addition that it has 2 setback this time.

Piloting Planetary : 3eP+2eB+2eD+1eC 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png p--.png p-s-a.png b--.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d-f.png c-f-th.png

@Tramp Graphics , you seem to be missing at least one setback dice. You do have skilled jockey, but as far as I am aware, you don't have multiple ranks of that. I will also need a cool check from you as you are at the same speed as over racers.

@Edgehawk I'll tell you know wheeler will be increasing her speed to 4, so I will also need a check from you for the competitive cool check.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk I'll tell you know wheeler will be increasing her speed to 4, so I will also need a check from you for the competitive cool check.

What is she rolling against?

No difficulty, it will be vs Wheelers cool which I will be rolling.

34 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

No difficulty, it will be vs Wheelers cool which I will be rolling.

Cool : 2eP 1 success, 1 advantage
p--.png p-s-a.png

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Tramp Graphics , you seem to be missing at least one setback dice. You do have skilled jockey, but as far as I am aware, you don't have multiple ranks of that. I will also need a cool check from you as you are at the same speed as over racers.

Piloting (planetary) addendum : 1eS 0 successes
s--.png

Cool : 4eA 0 successes, 5 advantage
a-a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png a-a.png

That's an "interesting" result.

Accelerate to Speed 4 and try to see what happens... Rolling the drive check (3 Boost = 2 Handling + 1 Tuning; 3 Setback = 2 Race Leg + 1 Disoriented)

Final Race Leg : 1eP+2eA+3eB+1eC+3eD+3eS 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png a-s-a.png a--.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png b-s-a.png c-f.png d-th.png d-f.png d--.png s-th.png s-th.png s--.png

And now the cool check

Lookin Cool : 2eA 1 success, 1 advantage
a--.png a-s-a.png

I will try and get your post sorted by latest on Sunday.

As this will be the end of the race, I will be asking for feedback on how you guys think this went. Things you'd like to see more of, less of etc.

@Edgehawk and @Tramp Graphics , just realised you guys haven't got your ic post up for the last leg. I'll give you a chance to get that done before I do the main ic for the final leg.

Ok, @Edgehawk and @Jonas Shaaf , I don't know what to do with a draw in the cool check here, so I' going to need a reroll from you both. That is unless you would rather the higher piloting check be used as the tie breaker (this will set a precedent for future deciders). Winner crosses the line first, loser will unfortunately drop their speed by 2 (such is the way of the ring of fire).

The rest of the positions however are set as the order you guys will be crossing the line.

Race Positions (final leg):

1. @Jonas Shaaf speed 4: 4s1a
  2. @Edgehawk speed 4: 1s
  3. Wheeler, speed 3: 1f1t
  4. @Tramp Graphics speed 2: 0s2a
  5. Kriff, speed 1: 2s1t
  6. Rodian, speed 0: 6s1t

Rodian Piloting Check : 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 6 successes, 1 threat

p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png b-s-a.png c-f.png d-th-th.png s-th.png s-th.png Rodian suffers system strain.

Rodian Cool Check : 2eP+1eA 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png Rodian loses cool check, drops speed by 2.

Wheeler Piloting Check : 3eP+2eC+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png c-f-th.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s--.png s-f.png Wheeler suffers one system strain.

Wheeler Cool Check : 1eP+2eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png

Kriff Piloting Check : 1eP+2eA+1eC+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png s-f.png Kriff suffers one system strain.

Kriff Cool Check : 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png Kriff loses cool check, drops speed by 2.

Edited by Rabobankrider

@Rabobankrider : I totally want an epic spin out if I lose the cool check to Zara :)

Cool Check Reroll : 2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png

On 4/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Ok, @Edgehawk and @Jonas Shaaf , I don't know what to do with a draw in the cool check here, so I' going to need a reroll from you both. That is unless you would rather the higher piloting check be used as the tie breaker (this will set a precedent for future deciders). Winner crosses the line first, loser will unfortunately drop their speed by 2 (such is the way of the ring of fire).

Rodian Piloting Check : 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+2eS 6 successes, 1 threat

p-s-s.png p-s-s.png p-s-s.png a-a-a.png b-s-a.png c-f.png d-th-th.png s-th.png s-th.png Rodian suffers system strain.

Rodian Cool Check : 2eP+1eA 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.png p-a-a.png a-a.png Rodian loses cool check, drops speed by 2.

Wheeler Piloting Check : 3eP+2eC+2eD+2eS 1 failure, 1 threat
p-s-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png c-f-th.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png s--.png s-f.png Wheeler suffers one system strain.

Wheeler Cool Check : 1eP+2eA 3 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-a.png

Kriff Piloting Check : 1eP+2eA+1eC+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png c-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png s-f.png Kriff suffers one system strain.

Kriff Cool Check : 2eA 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s.png Kriff loses cool check, drops speed by 2.

Cool, take two : 2eP 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.png p-s-a.png

Sorry! I must have read the top part of the post (about needing to post IC), and then immediately done so... without ever going back and reading this part.

Ok! We'll use deciding rolls for these in the future as well when needed. So here are the final results:

Race Positions (final leg):

1. @Edgehawk speed 4: 1s
  2. Wheeler, speed 3: 1f1t
  3. @Jonas Shaaf speed 2: 4s1a
  4. @Tramp Graphics speed 2: 0s2a
  5. Kriff, speed 1: 2s1t
  6. Rodian, speed 0: 6s1t

Congrats to @Edgehawk ! You can all narrate yourselves coming through the ring of fire jump and over the finish line! Don't forget, feedback regarding the race mechanics etc would be appreciated.

@Jonas Shaaf and @Tramp Graphics , when you get your ic posts up I will introduce the last part of the session as well as the posts for the other racers. Also as a heads up @btmaja may be joining us. :)

Yup, I'll be creating my character this weekend.

Can I roll Cool for initiative? @Rabobankrider

Edited by Edgehawk

@Edgehawk , as you know it's about to kick off, sure. Anyone else looking for a scrap can roll as well.

7 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , as you know it's about to kick off, sure. Anyone else looking for a scrap can roll as well.

Cool Initiative : 2eP 2 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.png p-tr.png

22 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Lei Mie will try to defuse the situation if possible. Would that be Initiative first or an immediate Charm, and what would be the difficulty?

I'll say you can try and defuse the situation before it starts, but the check will depend on your ic post regarding difficulty etc. I you put up your ic I'll let you know regarding the check.

35 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'll say you can try and defuse the situation before it starts, but the check will depend on your ic post regarding difficulty etc. I you put up your ic I'll let you know regarding the check.

Posted

@Tramp Graphics , I was going to say it'd be a hard charm with 2 setback (you may recall the woman in the speeder Kriff was with...). However, Zara has effectively ensured combat will be occurring (it did make me laugh out loud at work). @Tramp Graphics , @Shlambate and @Jonas Shaaf please roll initiative.