The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Shlambate , well like I said, he can provide an assist to @Edgehawk by keeping an eye on the pursuers, if you can think of something creative maybe he can find a way to impose setback on them, At this point he'd mostly be in a support roll.

Yeah I guess I could do a perception for boosts?

@Shlambate , sure, average perception will do the trick.

Perception : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f-f.png d-f-f.png

Perfectly Balanced As All Things Should Be

anyways it’s a 0

@Shlambate , that can be narrated as the sand being kicked up by the chase blocking your view.

Corsec Chase:

1. @Edgehawk : speed 1, 3s2a
  2. @Jonas Shaaf : speed 1, 2s3a

Short range between:

1. @Tramp Graphics : speed 1, 1s2a

Engaged range between:

1. Ari: speed 1, 3s1t
  2. Corsec officer: speed 1, 2s2a

I still need to know whether the pilots ( @Tramp Graphics , @Edgehawk and @Jonas Shaaf ) Are planning to stick together, head down the beach or head back towards the city. I can't give you the next set of checks until I know this.

I say stick together and head for town. Better chance of losing them.

21 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

I say stick together and head for town. Better chance of losing them.

How would sticking together increase the chance of losing them?

13 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

How would sticking together increase the chance of losing them?

Heading into the city would. And that’s by using traffic and the maze of roads and intersections to lose them.

If you guys want you can go in different directions. That's up to you, I could do with a decision tomorrow if at all possible, I let this stall a little bit (my bad) and want to keep it moving. :)

I'm fine with sticking together, for now, then scattering into the city to get away.

Ok cool, in that case as you guys have some tricky terrain before reaching the city (dunes etc), the check will be an average piloting with 2 setback.

6 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok cool, in that case as you guys have some tricky terrain before reaching the city (dunes etc), the check will be an average piloting with 2 setback.

So if I intend to accelerate to Speed 2, would it be a Hard check (w/ 2 Setback), or is that already taken into consideration?

@Edgehawk , sorry, having a slow day. They check would be made with the same kind of checks as the race, and I meant 1 setback instead of 2. So the difficulty if you accelerate would be 1eC+1eD+1es

One maneuver to drive one action to accelerate.

Piloting Planetary : 2eA+1eP+1eD+1eC+1eS 1 failure, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png a-a.png p--.png d-th.png c--.png s-f.png

Ok, I'm going to be a little cruel with @Edgehawk 's despair. @Shlambate as the passenger I'm going to need an average athletics with a setback to see if you can stay on the bike during the chase through the dunes.

@Edgehawk with your advantage you can ignore penalizing terrain or perform a free manoeuvre (if you want you can also do an average athletics with setback in case @Shlambate fails).

@Tramp Graphics , your speed goes back down to 1, but the advantage can add a boost to the next check as you've ridden around here before.

Corsec Chase:

Engaged range between:

Engaged range between:

• Corsec officer: 8/8 HT, 7/8 SS speed 2, 2s

Ok, @Jonas Shaaf I still need your piloting check as well. Ari is focusing on Zara, with the other officer currently chasing down Lei.

With the Corsec pilot being at engaged range with @Tramp Graphics for 2 consecutive rounds he is going to try a manoeuvre to force you to stop. Also you have been unable to make it through the dune this time and will have to try again next turn.

Ok @Edgehawk you are able to grab @Shlambate before they fall off. When @Jonas Shaaf has done their roll, I will bring up the next stage.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok @Edgehawk you are able to grab @Shlambate before they fall off. When @Jonas Shaaf has done their roll, I will bring up the next stage.

Do I need a roll?

@Shlambate , you can if you want, I'd allow any advantage you get to the spent (the same goes for disadvantage), you are safe though at this point.

Athl;etics : 1eP+2eA+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 2 advantage
p-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th-th.png d-f.png s-f.png

@Shlambate , just as well you got a saving hand there 😛 With the advantage I'd say you can add a black dice to Ari's check (nearly running over a passenger will promote caution here and there).

@Jonas Shaaf , I will need your check tomorrow or I will have to do it on your behalf.

Speed up and haul.

Flee The Beach : 1eP+2eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success, 3 advantage
p-s-a.png a--.png a-a.png b-a.png b-s.png c-f.png d--.png s--.png

Edited by Jonas Shaaf

@Jonas Shaaf , if you want you can also use the advantage to remove terrain setback on the next check. Feel free to put the ic up.

Corsec Chase:

Engaged range between:

Engaged range between:

• Corsec officer: 8/8 HT, 7/8 SS speed 2, 2s

The next check will head into the city itself, the terrain setback will be 1 setback dice this time. @Edgehawk , @Tramp Graphics and @Jonas Shaaf , you can sort your roll for these when ready.

One action to accelerate one maneuver to drive:

Piloting Planetary : 2eA+1eP+1eD+1eC+1eS 1 success, 1 Despair
a-s.png a-s-a.png p-s-s.png d-f-th.png c-d.png s-f.png

This should be interesting to say the least. 🤔