The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

3 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ok cool, @Shlambate and/or @P-47 Thunderbolt , if you want you can do an easy streetwise check with a boost (and assist if you want) to find some work with the van. Passing that it will be an average athletics with a setback each to see how well the work goes.

Streetwise : 2eA+2eB+1eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-s-a.png a-s.png b--.png b-a.png d-f-f.png

Oy vey.

Hopefully we've gotten all the bad luck out of our systems...

Yeah I wasn't much better at streetwise so unless we both get a roll it's unlikely we get a job to do then.

Just now, Shlambate said:

Yeah I wasn't much better at streetwise so unless we both get a roll it's unlikely we get a job to do then.

I included a Boost as unskilled Assist.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I included a Boost as unskilled Assist.

I saw that.

Got any more ideas?

Nope...

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Nope...

Tag team boxing? There has to be a ring somewhere. Maybe we could make some money?

Just now, Shlambate said:

Tag team boxing? There has to be a ring somewhere. Maybe we could make some money?

Maybe. Perhaps Krydil boxes while Varik and his band provide music? :D

Well I was thinking more we both fight but that could work.

@Rabobankrider Do we even have time for any other rolls?

@Rabobankrider I'm ok with just heading out now

2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk and @rocketrobie2 , is there anything else you want to do or is it just heading back to the garage to put together the gear for the race?

I thought about snooping around his swoop outside, but honestly I don’t think it’s Zara’s style. And she’s not much for mechanics, regardless. I’m fine with cutting my losses and moving forward, without starting further trouble, at this point.

What time of the day is it?

By the time everyone is done with their respective assignments, it would be late afternoon/early evening. However when you were done with your work for the license it would be early-mid afternoon. You would have time to try something else if you want.

I'm ready to just get on with the main event, not hold it up any longer.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm ready to just get on with the main event, not hold it up any longer.

Damnit I’ll have to go get the championship ring later

Edited by Shlambate

Ok cool! Unless there is anything else you guys want to do, I'll will get the next scene introduced.

You guys have a little time to prepare before the race itself begins, so if there is anything you want to do you can do. The only mandatory part will be signing in and making the payment for the race with the race marshal. The rest is up to you.

Not enough time for upgrades I presume?

@Shlambate , unfortunately not beyond what you've already done to the bikes, no.

@Rabobankrider What can we do?

@Shlambate , as a few examples of things you can try include snooping on the competition, inspecting the course, sabotage (if you're so inclined) of its many varieties. The speeders will also need setting up and being inspected before the race starts. If you can think of anything else your are welcome to do so.

Varik would play this straight, but (assuming it's legal), he'd like to scout out the course and report back to the racers of any hazards or things to look out for.

You can always look, What's the check @Rabobankrider

I will say either an average perception or survival check will do it, it is allowed as many of the pilots and coaches are going down the course to inspect (presumably).

Perception : 2eA+1eP+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png p-s-s.png d--.png d-f-f.png

How are we going to pay for this race? Darren only has 35 credits, and it’s a little hard to gamble in this town with expensive buy ins of 30 per hand. Lol

Edited by jhh3
11 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

How are we going to pay for this race? Darren only has 35 credits, and it’s a little hard to gamble in this town with expensive buy ins of 30 per hand. Lol

Already accounted for. I think that 35 is after accounting for the race, taking 200 credits out of pocket.