The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Rabobankrider , if the terrain is so clear, should they really have to make a check with speed/sil as the difficulty? It seem raw, straight-line speed would be the priority here. Maybe just a Simple check?

@P-47 Thunderbolt you want to use one boost on Each racer at the jump?

Okay, so Zara is going for it, to no avail:

Punch It to spd 5, Destiny flip : 4eP+3eB+4eD+1eC 2 failures, 6 advantage
p--.png p-s.png p-a-a.png p-a-a.png b-a-a.png b-a-a.png b-a-a.png d-th.png d--.png d-th-th.png d-f-f.png c-f-th.png

Zara’s not much of a team player, as yet, but OOC I’m ready to back Yoomi’s win! How can Zara’s 6 Advantage assist him, or impede his nearest rivals?

6 advantage is about more than a Triumph by book standards I would say you’re not out of it if I was GMing, maybe not that you gained speed but the favorite lost speed or due to how you drove you made it harder for those much behind you? Or in a way they don’t know but Yoonmuff does?

I'm gonna wait on the ruling for the what to do with the advantages before I make my next post if thats ok with ya'll.

Also @Edgehawk , if you end up wanting to use that advantage to pull off something sick then that's cool.

Maybe the Advantages are enough to do something remarkable and newsworthy, like setting a speed record for the final legs of the race, despite a rocky start (pun intended)? Still not enough to place well, over all, but an accomplishment that could gain her recognition nonetheless?

Ok, I am back! It's pretty late here, so I'm hoping to have a post sorted for you all in a day or two, I'll keep you posted soon! :)

Down Hill Time Trial:

Current winning score: 5, 11

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5, 11
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8

@P-47 Thunderbolt , it's to represent the risk of the race at this speed.

@Edgehawk , unlucky there. Unfortunately you lose 1 rank of speed with that. Narratively it can be a speed wobble or something along those line. You could use the advantage to keep your speed up, or upgrade your next check, something along those lines.

12 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

unlucky there. Unfortunately you lose 1 rank of speed with that.

Lose 1 Speed from current (increased to 3 last turn, so reduced to 2); or just failed to increase to Speed 4, which she attempted and failed this turn (maintains Speed 3, but fails to further accelerate)?

@Edgehawk , it would have you at speed 3 currently.

10 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , it would have you at speed 3 currently.

Is Zara maintaining Speed 3 only with the expenditure of Advantages to do so (and if so, how many)? I will use any left over to pass Boost(s).

@Edgehawk , as you accelerated to speed 4 but failed the check it drops down to speed 3 without using the advantage. This means you can still use the advantage to upgrade your next check, make a name with this race (regardless of the position) with some flair, or some other way to effect your progress if you have anything else.

Down Hill Time Trial:

Current winning score: 5, 11, 16

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5, 11
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8, 9

@rocketrobie2 , I just need your check for the open section.

Sorry about the wait there guys, gonna use my two advantages to boost @Edgehawk 's next check. Win together lose together!

EDIT: Also @Rabobankrider , does me failing that roll mean I drop to 3 speed?

Edited by rocketrobie2

@P-47 Thunderbolt I think now is the time to advise each of our racers to help them with the race.

Just now, Shlambate said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt I think now is the time to advise each of our racers to help them with the race.

I say Yoomnuff, he's got the best bet of winning I think.

6 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I say Yoomnuff, he's got the best bet of winning I think.

2 on one? If we get reward for Place and Show it’s worth buffing Zara. @Rabobankrider where does the rewards stop Win, Place, Show or 4th and below?

8 hours ago, Shlambate said:

2 on one? If we get reward for Place and Show it’s worth buffing Zara. @Rabobankrider where does the rewards stop Win, Place, Show or 4th and below?

Well I think we can only do one per player per round, and this is the last leg. So I think we'd have to Boost both anyway.

@Rabobankrider 1 Advantage to pass a Boost to @rocketrobie2 ; 2 Advantages to pass a Boost to Zara; 3 remaining Advantages to wrangle some positive attention from this race, despite her lackluster performance and (likely) less-than-stellar finish.

@Edgehawk , that works fine.

@rocketrobie2 , with the failure you do also unfortunately drop to speed 3.

Down Hill Time Trial:

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5, 11, 12
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8, 9

Unfortunately that straight has damaged your chances, but it's not over yet.

The final section has 2 setback dice to it, but you have a couple of options here. You can either take the check as usual and try to maximise your speed. Alternatively, you can willing drop your speed by 1 and reduce the setback dice by 1 as well. This is the showboating option.

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

The final section has 2 setback dice to it,

Are the Setbacks terrain-related (negated by All-Terrain Driver )?

Don’t forget our boosts for each racer. We will give one to each since it can only be one per leg of the race per racer and well this is the last one.

@Edgehawk , they are yeah.

Hey, for the last bit, playing off of Varik's analysis of tactics, perhaps we flip DPs to upgrade the ability and difficulty of each check once? Ends up cancelling out the Destiny Pool, but makes it a bit more interesting and adds a high-risk high-reward factor to it.

Down Hill Time Trial:

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5, 11, 12
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8, 9, 18

@Edgehawk finishing on a high!

@rocketrobie2 , I just need your roll and we'll be good to go!