The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Forest Combat:

1. @Shlambate 4s1a
  2. @Edgehawk 2s2a
  3. Thug group 1: soak 4, 1/15 wounds, 1/3 men 2s

Ok all, unless there is anything else you want to do, you can narrate your final action preparing for the event and we can get the show on the road!

@Rabobankrider , since the team kinda needs a manager and they don't usually just disappear into thin air, may I suggest that since jhh3 is MIA, Darren become an NPC/GMPC, developing alongside the PCs XP-wise?

They will remain as an npc for the time being, however as they are a players character, I will probably replace them with a different npc later on.

Ok! The plan for the race is that @rocketrobie2 and @Edgehawk can roll at the same time for the race as you guys are on the course at different times.

In terms of figuring out for fast the racers are, I indent to have it be the racers speed plus the successes from the dice roll. This means going faster will definitely help, but also the racer needs to be in control of their vehicle to pick the racing line etc. So for example 1 success at speed 3 is worth 4 points, but then so is 2 successes at speed 2, showing that racer picked a better line but was slower on the bike.

The race will use terrain rules as usual (if you need help with that let me know), and the first stretch will have 2 setback dice due to terrain. Good luck! @rocketrobie2 and @Edgehawk you can roll when ready, you'll be starting at speed 1, but between each stretch you will get a free manoeuvre to increase your speed etc to represent the length of the course.

Zara’s All Terrain Driver talent should remove both Setback dice, I believe, correct? @Rabobankrider

@Rabobankrider I'm able to use Skilled Jockey to remove one of those setback dice too right? Also I will need a little help with the difficult terrain rules please.

5 minutes ago, rocketrobie2 said:

@Rabobankrider I'm able to use Skilled Jockey to remove one of those setback dice too right? Also I will need a little help with the difficult terrain rules please.

Yes, Skilled Jockey can remove the Setback.

With Difficult Terrain, you must make a Piloting (Relevant) check to maneuver. The difficulty is based on your speed and half-silhouette (rounded up). You build the difficulty pool similarly to how you would build a skill pool: You take the highest of the two numbers and this determines your base difficulty. Then you take the lower number and upgrade the pool that many times.

So with Silhouette 2 (2÷2=1) and Speed 3, that's Hard difficulty, upgraded once.

@Edgehawk , All Terrain Driver would apply in this case.

19 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

you can roll when ready, you'll be starting at speed 1 , but between each stretch you will get a free manoeuvre to increase your speed etc to represent the length of the course.

Are we starting at speed 1 (so we can Maneuver and Accelerate to speed 2); or do you mean we are starting out by accelerating to speed 1 this first round?

@rocketrobie2 if you need further info on the terrain rules, please let me know :)

@Edgehawk you will be starting at speed 1 to effectively represent a small stretch from the starting ramp before the steep drop into the rocks.

Both all terrain driver and skilled jockey are relevant, yes.

Lemme know if I calculate my dice right! Pretty good roll but I'd hate if I rolled the wrong ones. Speaking of, assuming I made my pool correctly, what can i do with that triumph?

11 hours ago, rocketrobie2 said:

Lemme know if I calculate my dice right! Pretty good roll but I'd hate if I rolled the wrong ones. Speaking of, assuming I made my pool correctly, what can i do with that triumph?

If your SWSheet for his bike is correct, you missed a Boost for Handling. Other than that, you're good.

Suggestion for the Triumph, perhaps he can get a free Maneuver to increase his speed another notch?

@P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , depending on where you set up, you can watch the live footage of the race on the big screen at the finish line (later you can invest in drones etc to get proper footage of your racers). As the camera cuts to your team here and there I'm happy saying you can comm them with updates on their times/the times of their competitors to help them. To represent this you can provide an assist to a check twice during the race. There are 4 legs to the race (the boulder field, the woodland, the open field and the final jump section total) with three remaining, so use them wisely!

Down Hill Time Trial:

Current winning score: 5

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5
  2. @Edgehawk : 3

@rocketrobie2 that all looks fine to me, if you want to take a free manoeuvre to increase speed, that's fine as well. I've also copied and pasted @kinnison 's pdf below with some other advantage/disadvantage options: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwwv62LFLtQvRGpDTWQtUmJibkU/view , which I remembered about after starting this. Ignore the place value stuff for now, but we may try using that in the future.

The next section is the woodlands, same rules as before in terms of determining the roll, but this time it's only 1 setback dice. Don't forget the stretch between the each leg gives you a free manoeuvre to increase speed etc.

4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

To represent this you can provide an assist to a check twice during the race. There are 4 legs to the race (the boulder field, the woodland, the open field and the final jump section total) with three remaining, so use them wisely!

To confirm, Varik and Krydil have 2 chances total to assist either Zara or Yoomnuff. Basically two Boost dice to distribute among the six remaining checks.

That is correct, yes. With investments in tech like probes etc you can provide fuller assistance in later races. Currently though it's basically you guys with coms working off the big screens or what you see from your position on the course.

@Rabobankrider I'll take the extra maneuver if I could. The only other option I have from the PDF would be screwing over someone else's run and too my knowledge no body else is around Yoomnuff?

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, is it just a staggered start with most of the racers on the field at the same time or is it more a few go each 'round'? Regardless I'd like to get a free maneuver to bump up my speed so Yoomnuff can crash even faster

EDIT: I forgot to ask, does that mean I have to make another check to get my free speed from the maneuver or do I just bump up once in addition to the speed I gained from the first maneuver I did?

Edited by rocketrobie2
2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

To confirm, Varik and Krydil have 2 chances total to assist either Zara or Yoomnuff. Basically two Boost dice to distribute among the six remaining checks.

Well then we make them count.

@Rabobankrider , can we get an idea as to the placement of their opposition?

@rocketrobie2 , it is a staggered start with a racer going off every minute or so. It's effectively a time-trial event. If you want to use the free manoeuvre between the stretches to increase your speed, you just bump it up by 1, so you will enter the next leg at speed 3 if you do this.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , currently your teammates are some of the first off of the line, but knowing approximate times from previous years/what is generally considered fast currently you'd be able to assume that Yoomnuff is in the running's for winning, with Zara in the top 3-5. After Zara's second stretch she's getting closer to a winning time but is still a little off.

Down Hill Time Trial:

Current winning score: 5, 11

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5,
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Edgehawk do we want to boost Zara now with one of our two boosts?

14 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt @Edgehawk do we want to boost Zara now with one of our two boosts?

I say we wait. We haven't seen Yoomnuff's latest roll yet, and there's no harm in waiting to make sure we make the best use of them.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I say we wait. We haven't seen Yoomnuff's latest roll yet, and there's no harm in waiting to make sure we make the best use of them.

That’s fair

@Rabobankrider How many more legs of the race does Zara have?

Sorry for the wait guys, I'll get a post up here in a minute.

@Rabobankrider I'm gonna go ahead and bump up my speed with the free manuver

That roll was better than what I was expecting!

@Rabobankrider Could I use my triumph to make one of the other racers crash and get the +3 Place value? If I get to choose specifically I'd like to pin it on a certain Nikto Yoomnuff met at the bar.

As a heads up, I will be away for a few days with family, so I may not be able to post .

Down Hill Time Trial:

Current winning score: 5, 11

1. @rocketrobie2 : 5, 11
  2. @Edgehawk : 3, 8

@Shlambate , there are currently two legs left, the field and the final jump section.

@rocketrobie2 , if there were racers close by I would say yes, but unfortunately in a time trial setting that isn't applicable. Also for this race we aren't using the place value, although we may do next time. If you want you can upgrade your check for next time or something like that.

This section has no setback dice to it, it is just the terrain check for you all. Currently for @P-47 Thunderbolt and @Shlambate , you can see that @rocketrobie2 is still in contention for first, with Zara in the top 3-5.