The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Shlambate , with your triumph, you spot additional enemies approaching from up the hill, coming it at short range.

You both are able to react before the enemy does. Currently you are about 6 range bands from the top of the hill where the others are, if you intend to go that way. @Shlambate , you're up first!

Forest Combat:

1. @Shlambate 4s1a
  2. @Edgehawk 2s2a
  3. Thug group 1: soak 4, 15/15 wounds, 3/3 men 2s
  4. Thug group 2: soak 4, 10/10 wounds, 2/2 men 1s1a

@Rabobankrider Couple questions. Would Zara be carrying her pistol? I know this is probably up to me, but I’m wondering how taboo or illegal it would be for a racer to be carrying. If she is armed, how do you handle “limited ammo” vs minion groups?

@Edgehawk , that's up to you really, if you think that Zara may have brought it with them then you can have it on your person. It may be a little odd to come armed to a race, but as the event you guys chose is a little 'rougher' than ones like the more expensive event, it's not unheard of. Having said that having a weapon and shooting it may cause some issues with the law.

Limited ammo will work as per a single target. Narrative wise you can either say the weapons magazine is big enough to fire several shots a round, or just narrate reloading every so often.

Hmm 5 on 2, @Edgehawk you want to run back for help while Krydil practices some boxing?

Well, what about comms? Varik's got a comlink. He'll be very out of breath by the time he gets down there, but he might be able to help out. (Hmmm... which tool should he use to inflict massive bodily harm... 😈 )

Do we have commlinks?

I know a few of us bought 'em on creation

@Rabobankrider For my failed investigation, should I just say he doesn't find anything or have some worse stuff happen?

Edited by rocketrobie2
9 hours ago, Shlambate said:

Do we have commlinks?

Checking Zara’s sheet, she only has crash gear, pistol and knuckles. I narrated her using a comlink, and have in the past, but I’m not sure I ever gave it any thought (or actually purchased one at chargen).

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Checking Zara’s sheet, she only has crash gear, pistol and knuckles. I narrated her using a comlink, and have in the past, but I’m not sure I ever gave it any thought (or actually purchased one at chargen).

@Rabobankrider , perhaps a retroactive credit expenditure or Destiny Point is in order?

Yeah If we have a com link with a DP Zara can stay here and back up Krydil for the time being.

I will say retroactive credits for coms will be fine, it's something most people would be expected to carry overall.

@Shlambate , you're up first, but if you don't intent to attack, @Edgehawk , you can make a hard coercion check with a boost to see if you can get the thugs to back off.

18 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , you can make a hard coercion check with a boost to see if you can get the thugs to back off.

Coercion : 2eA+1eB+3eD 1 success
a-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png

13 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Coercion : 2eA+1eB+3eD 1 success
a-a.png a-s-a.png b--.png d-th.png d-th.png d--.png

I guess I don't need to attack then.

@Rabobankrider Bold of you to think that Krydil had any money after signing up for the Race. He contributed all 75 credits to signup so i don't think he could get a Commlink then.

4 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

I guess I don't need to attack then.

@Rabobankrider Bold of you to think that Krydil had any money after signing up for the Race. He contributed all 75 credits to signup so i don't think he could get a Commlink then.

No, @Edgehawk payed 200, @jhh3 payed 200, and @rocketrobie2 payed 400, accounting for the full cost to race.

Zara only has 10 credits at present. I just added this to the sheet:

Comlink (-25 credits, retroactively, when available)

That's fine, I'm ok with backlogging credits for something this small. @Edgehawk and @Shlambate , the ball is in your court! They may not be attacking, but they aren't going anywhere either.

@jhh3 , I just need your ic post for going to sign up.

@Rabobankrider Can I try to intimidate them as well. Krydil is no small guy and he has a good Willpower.

@Shlambate , sure thing. I'll say 2 advantage can get the smaller group to fully back off, 4 will do both. Currently they are very motivated to stop you. Same difficulty for the check as the previous.

Edited by Rabobankrider

And comm Varik so he can play backup. :D

Coercion : 1eP+2eA+3eD 1 failure, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png a-a-a.png a-a-a.png d-th.png d-th.png d-f-f.png

Spent a Destiny, Interesting result

Hey everyone, sorry for not being active. I ,m back now. :)

15 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

That's fine, I'm ok with backlogging credits for something this small. @Edgehawk and @Shlambate , the ball is in your court! They may not be attacking, but they aren't going anywhere either.

@jhh3 , I just need your ic post for going to sign up.

Got it!

Apologies, @Rabobankrider , but I have Zara starting with 4 Strain and 3 Wounds from prior scenes. Would this have been recouped?

@Edgehawk , it would be, yeah. Ic it's been a couple of weeks since the last session when they took damage.

@jhh3 , welcome back! When you have your post sorted, @rocketrobie2 and @P-47 Thunderbolt , I'll have something for you two at the same time.

@Shlambate , your triumph has removed one of the minion groups, but unfortunately the failure means the main group is standing their ground. If you guys want to act, I'll say that the coercion check from @Edgehawk will allow you guys to go first as you've halted their momentum (this includes running or attacking etc).

c4fd4845d0dc998c865f9bb298f3e46d.jpg

What is the difficulty on a Punch?