The Circuit (OOC)

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

@Shlambate , assuming you're looking for a notable source of income, it'll primarily depend on where you what you want to do?

@Edgehawk and @rocketrobie2 , overall the check is a blank with 4 advantage, so it won't be a 'friendly' game chances are, but they are willing to let you hang around.

How am I going to pay for this? I don't have the credits on hand. Could we pay it later?

What game are they about to play?

4 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Zara smiles and takes the offered seat, putting the credits on the table. “You shouldn’t grind your teeth like that. Deal me in, and we’ll just see who loses their credits.”

4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

After a little grinding of teeth, the nikto finally plonks himself back down into his seat. "If you want to lose your credits, sure. Buy in is thirty credits". He leans back in his chair with a smirk. "If you two think you got what it takes, then take a seat".

@jhh3 , ok great, with that check you can reduce the cost for the license by 100 credits thanks to a loophole you've found in the paperwork (you can narrate that however you want). The game they are playing is sabbac.

@Edgehawk , for the game, you can make either an average cool with a setback or an average deception with a setback to either play straight or bluff for the game. Alternatively a hard skulduggery check will let you cheat. Advantage/disadvantage can be used to contribute to winnings/losses.

Cool : 2eP+2eD+1eS 2 failures, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
p--.png p-tr.png d-f-th.png d-f.png s-f.png

@Rabobankrider any way Krydill can do a house call? You know like someone call in with mechanical trouble and ask for a mechanic to go out because they can't bring the vehicle tp the shop?

@Shlambate , sure. I'll say an average streetwise will give you an appropriate contact you can call on for work etc. The better the check will potentially mean better credits.

@Edgehawk , unfortunately you lose 50 credits, however with the triumph the racers are a lot calmer and more talkative with the pair of you.

18 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

unfortunately you lose 50 credits, however with the triumph the racers are a lot calmer and more talkative with the pair of you

50 total, or 50 in addition to the 30 credit buy in (80 total)?

Streetwise : 2eA+2eD 0 successes
a-a.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-f-th.png

Perfectly Balanced as all things should be

Okay guy, how are we going to cover the cost?

The price per racer is 400 credits.

Darren will chip in 200 but he better make double after we do a few races, so he's taking a gamble.

200/800

Yoomnuff'll pay his way. Thinking about it more he probably wouldn't want others paying his way into the race.

600/800

Zara can pay half of hers, or very nearly, accounting for the remaining balance (depending on clarification of total credits lost gambling). @Rabobankrider

@Shlambate , if you want @P-47 Thunderbolt could provide an assist (boost dice) with his own contacts list.

@Edgehawk , 50 total, Zara seems sensible enough to not go too deep into gambling at the table (at least currently :p)

27 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate , if you want @P-47 Thunderbolt could provide an assist (boost dice) with his own contacts list.

Yeah, Varik will add a Boost to Krydil's check.

46 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk , 50 total, Zara seems sensible enough to not go too deep into gambling at the table (at least currently :p)

Okay! So Zara can contribute 200 credits, and still has 10 left over!

@jhh3 200 credits

@rocketrobie2 400 credits

@Edgehawk 200 credits

Take that off your account.

How should we go about this? Just pretend you have me the money in advance?

7 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

Just pretend you have me the money in advance?

That could work.

8 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

@Edgehawk Take that off your account.

200 credits deducted.

Paying for the race will just be on arrival at the course, all you need to pay for at the moment is the team race licence.

@Shlambate and @P-47 Thunderbolt if you want you can try to look for another source of finance, you'd have time.

V "What are doing tonight Krydil?"

K "The same thing we do every knight Varik, Try to take over the world!"

"The Besalisk and the Brain" Repeats

@P-47 Thunderbolt Lemonade and House calls have failed us. I have a truck, we could try and be a moving company for side cash?

Just now, Shlambate said:

V "What are doing tonight Krydil?"

K "The same thing we do every knight Varik, Try to take over the world!"

"The Besalisk and the Brain" Repeats

@P-47 Thunderbolt Lemonade and House calls have failed us. I have a truck, we could try and be a moving company for side cash?

Sure, we're both pretty brawny guys. Maybe start by moving Varik's project to the team's garage?

Alternatively, garage band fundraiser! :D

Maybe. It's up to @Rabobankrider

Just about to sleep but couldn't resist: Men with Ven..

I'll sort a proper response after work.

Ok cool, @Shlambate and/or @P-47 Thunderbolt , if you want you can do an easy streetwise check with a boost (and assist if you want) to find some work with the van. Passing that it will be an average athletics with a setback each to see how well the work goes.

@Edgehawk and @rocketrobie2 , is there anything else you want to do or is it just heading back to the garage to put together the gear for the race?

@jhh3 when you've got your ic post sorted you will have your team race licence, and if there's anything else you want to go to do before the race you can always ask.