Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

On 12/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Mimi61 said:

We always pre order the day of announcements too and although they say these orders shipped Dec 1, as of today, they still haven’t even reached the UPS origin facility. I’m not 100% sure if they actually have shipped. I know UPS is slammed with Black Friday orders and is not even picking up at certain vendors right now, so who knows, maybe it’s all still sitting in the Warehouse.

Watch your tracking, Mimi!!! This same thing happened with me for Dark Revelations, and If I go back and check my original tracking number right now, it still says it hasn't arrived at the UPS origin facility. It was a long TWO weeks trying to convince Asmodee that they lost it, but they eventually shipped me a replacement and I had Gloria two days later.

That is what I’m doing. The last time this happened, it was Weaver of the Cosmos, so we were already waiting though lock down. They sent the shipping email but neglected to ship the product. Even the replacement got sent to the wrong hub! It sat there for a couple of days in the lost dept. before another phone call that finally got it to us. I think it was almost 4 weeks late! The difference this time, it that both Devil Reef and War of the Outer Gods is out of stock. I will call tomorrow, it will have been a week since they shipped it then.

3 hours ago, Joshuarleonard said:

Watch your tracking, Mimi!!! This same thing happened with me for Dark Revelations, and If I go back and check my original tracking number right now, it still says it hasn't arrived at the UPS origin facility. It was a long TWO weeks trying to convince Asmodee that they lost it, but they eventually shipped me a replacement and I had Gloria two days later.

Edited by Mimi61
5 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

Well, I finally got a shipping notice

Wow.
Did they fire their whole warehouse crew and put Skids O’Drool in charge?

Apparently -.- this is kinda upsetting at this point tbh, if you’re going to pull my money on time but not send the product, imma stop buying, simple as that.

Still awaiting shipping my notifications.

I’m guessing they shipped late or the mail service was late due to holidays. My TC outer Gods came Saturday and my Devils Reef came yesterday. But I do usually have them on the “release” day.

Edited by Soakman

I searched the last 5 pages without finding anything so sorry for asking if it was asked already. Is there a reason why the last 2 AH Mythos packs were out of stock in Europe even before their release date? Even Amazon UK have no stocks. In the meantime the last dynasty pack for L5R is available without any problems. IS FFG having supplying issues? Thanks for any insight.

15 hours ago, Duciris said:

Still awaiting shipping my notifications.

I would call them and make sure they have your copy to send.
I just called them because it has been 7 days since mine shipped and UPS tracking still says awaiting shipment. Usually it’s here at least 6 days after shipping and even USPS still has no inkling of it.
They looked into it and say they also don’t know what happened. If UPS never scanned it in, or what. They said I’d need to wait till next week when it’s been two weeks since it shipped and then if it’s still not here, they would refund me or re-ship.
I asked them since they are already out of stock, if I wait till next week and it’s still not here and it has been lost, what are they going to do? Are there extra copies lying around in case copies get lost that you can send me, or would they just say “I’m sorry we can refund you but you’re out of luck as to receiving the product.”
She admitted that they would not be able to send me any other copies because yes, they are out of stock. They are on Amazon, since our FLGS is not open and I ordered them, just in case. Which is a drag to have to pay twice up front, but better than not receiving the middle Mythos pack of a campaign which you ordered the day it was announced.
I did also mentioned that their new way of shipping has been adding a lot of extra time to get products and that combined with how long they are taking to ship products, is not working. They are not arriving anywhere near release dates. Or even always shipping before release date. She said she would send that feedback up the line, so who knows?
She also said they have placed a re-order for the product.

3 hours ago, Hellvlad said:

I searched the last 5 pages without finding anything so sorry for asking if it was asked already. Is there a reason why the last 2 AH Mythos packs were out of stock in Europe even before their release date? Even Amazon UK have no stocks. In the meantime the last dynasty pack for L5R is available without any problems. IS FFG having supplying issues? Thanks for any insight.

They were out of stock with FFG before release too. There are copies on Amazon at least for Devil Reef at retail. I don’t know how that affects European shipping.

I believe an unanticipated growth of popularity, is what is happening with AHCG stuff.
Innsmouth was announced last February before Covid hit. When FFG announces a cycle, it has already been finished and I am pretty certain it’s even already been printed or at the very least, the order for printing is in. Then Covid happened and this game became very popular gaining a lot of players. Everything FFG had pre-ordered for printing or was printed pre-Covid, was based on a consumer base that they had not anticipated being as big as it would be, by the time those orders or print runs were being released. Even printers were affected by the shut down in the Spring, so that didn’t help.
War of the Outer Gods was supposed to be released at Gen Con this last summer. I’m sure it was printed pre Covid too.
They have scheduled reprints of all of these things, which sell out pretty quickly too unfortunately. I think retailers are snatching them up.

They told me today, when I called about my orders that they are printing more of the Innsmouth cycle items out of stock.

I’m not sure if L5R has as increased it’s fan base as quickly, so there may not be the supply problems.

I hope that kind of answers your question.

Edited by Mimi61

Had my shipping notification for Devil's Reef and In Too Deep five days ago - still not received. Getting anxious 😠

2 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

This is what bugs me about FFG, they make tiny print runs, knowing full well they are going to get sold out. So then they end up re-ordering products 2 weeks after the release, and they don't even have enough to fulfill preorders made on the announcement date most times. They need to realize that the products are going to sell so it's not like this every time!

That said, if they can't print as many packs because of the pandemic then I get it, but I'm not sure that's the problem because it feels like they have been doing it even before. Maybe I'm misremembering though, or the pandemic has made it worse.

1 hour ago, Jaync said:

This is what bugs me about FFG, they make tiny print runs, knowing full well they are going to get sold out. So then they end up re-ordering products 2 weeks after the release, and they don't even have enough to fulfill preorders made on the announcement date most times. They need to realize that the products are going to sell so it's not like this every time!

That said, if they can't print as many packs because of the pandemic then I get it, but I'm not sure that's the problem because it feels like they have been doing it even before. Maybe I'm misremembering though, or the pandemic has made it worse.

When players lay out a lot of money to buy a complete cycle but end up missing one scenario pack along the way because of a lack of copies printed, and especially when you pre-ordered but didn't get your order fulfilled, then you really know you've been let down big time.

5 hours ago, Janaka said:

Had my shipping notification for Devil's Reef and In Too Deep five days ago - still not received. Getting anxious 😠

Well, my whole fiasco turned out to be a tempest in a teapot. They both came today, which was day seven...and I ordered them on Amazon as a back up... and those have shipped.
So if you don’t get them, I’ll have an extra of Devil Reef and War of the Outer Gods. I will wait a couple of weeks before sending them back in case anyone wants them and can’t find them.

Edited by Mimi61

Its Tuesday the 8th and my preorders have not yet shipped

Same here, ups still awaiting packaging. I’ve called their support 2x and have gotten voice mail, no response to email either :( this is becoming a bit ridiculous

Agreed. This is the worst month by far since they’ve re-opened after Covid. I know Minnesota is in a partial lock down again, so I’m not sure if that is impacting things. Or if it’s just that UPS is swamped and will only picked up so much stuff at a time.
If you haven’t tried calling in the morning, maybe that’s the best time. I called called Customer Service this morning about 9:30 their time and someone picked right up. She was super nice and pleasant. Couldn’t do a lot, but she did verify it was definitely picked up by UPS, so that was something.

Edited by Mimi61
8 hours ago, Jaync said:

Yeah, it’s been this way since June. But before that, nothing was ever out of stock, except some player Mats.
This is the first campaign so far, where they are consistently selling all their stock before release, but I think Innsmouth is the last of their pre Covid developed stuff. Hopefully, from here on out, they will factor in their bigger consumer base in their print runs. 🤞🏻

Edited by Mimi61

Billed on nov 24, and still no shipping notice for devils reef... 😪

Edited by mdhuber

Yeah that makes sense. Also I think that the player-base has been growing pretty fast during the pandemic so that might be why things are getting sold out sooner.

6 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Yeah, it’s been this way since June. But before that, nothing was ever out of stock, except some player Mats.
This is the first campaign so far, where they are consistently selling all their stock before release, but I think Innsmouth is the last of their pre Covid developed stuff. Hopefully, from here on out, they will factor in their bigger consumer base in their print runs. 🤞🏻

Just to add one more data point, I preordered Devil Reef the same day it was announced on FFG’s website. I got charged on November 24 and got a shipping notification today (December 9). And given my prior experience with the shipping service, it may take another week for the package to arrive 😥

These packs are late at my local shop, too. Not yet arrived with no coherent ETA. They're blaming the distributor.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, Mimi61 said:

I would call them and make sure they have your copy to send.
I just called them because it has been 7 days since mine shipped and UPS tracking still says awaiting shipment. Usually it’s here at least 6 days after shipping and even USPS still has no inkling of it.
They looked into it and say they also don’t know what happened. If UPS never scanned it in, or what. They said I’d need to wait till next week when it’s been two weeks since it shipped and then if it’s still not here, they would refund me or re-ship.
I asked them since they are already out of stock, if I wait till next week and it’s still not here and it has been lost, what are they going to do? Are there extra copies lying around in case copies get lost that you can send me, or would they just say “I’m sorry we can refund you but you’re out of luck as to receiving the product.”
She admitted that they would not be able to send me any other copies because yes, they are out of stock. They are on Amazon, since our FLGS is not open and I ordered them, just in case. Which is a drag to have to pay twice up front, but better than not receiving the middle Mythos pack of a campaign which you ordered the day it was announced.
I did also mentioned that their new way of shipping has been adding a lot of extra time to get products and that combined with how long they are taking to ship products, is not working. They are not arriving anywhere near release dates. Or even always shipping before release date. She said she would send that feedback up the line, so who knows?

Got shipping notification about 1 today. Hadn't left the warehouse last I saw.

Mine still has yet to leave the warehouse either 😕 I guess the bright side being is the next method pack and devils reef are going to arrive the same day lol (joke.... unless?)

I finally got the notice on Wednesday that my Devil Reef was ready for pickup at my FLGS so I was able to go get it yesterday. They still don't seem to have War of the Outer Gods though. (I didn't preorder that one — trying to save something for people to get me for Christmas. But it's a gamble.)