Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

13 minutes ago, Duciris said:

Finally received my Devil Reef & War of the Outer Gods today.

Congratulations... only 26 days after the release date. Somehow it seems a fitting snapshot of 2020, right to the bitter end!

Edited by Mimi61

Has anyone been processed by Asmodee for Horror in High Gear? We would normally have received that email and have money withdrawn last Tuesday (Dec 29), but haven’t seen anything yet.

I went into my preorders and it obviously hasn’t been processed yet. That is the first time ever, that they haven’t processed us 10 days before the release date. There is a statement saying that Asmodee won’t be shipping anything Jan 1-4 for inventory count, resuming shipping on Jan 5. So I think it will be another month we have to wait well past the release date for the product.

Edited by Mimi61

No info regarding Asmodee for Horror in High Gear. However, I have been charged by Team Covenant for the product back on Dec 21 and I've got a USPS tracking number. Normally it would have moved past "Pre Shipment" phase by now, however that is not the case. My guess is what with the Holidays (plus the info you shared regarding inventory count) that things will be delayed at least a week. No problem for me - I've still yet to play War of the Outer Gods.

19 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

Has anyone been processed by Asmodee for Horror in High Gear? We would normally have received that email and have money withdrawn last Tuesday (Dec 29), but haven’t seen anything yet.

I went into my preorders and it obviously hasn’t been processed yet. That is the first time ever, that they haven’t processed us 10 days before the release date. There is a statement saying that Asmodee won’t be shipping anything Jan 1-4 for inventory count, resuming shipping on Jan 5. So I think it will be another month we have to wait well past the release date for the product.

Nothing yet. Saw a similar post on the FB community.

17 hours ago, ricedwlit said:

No info regarding Asmodee for Horror in High Gear. However, I have been charged by Team Covenant for the product back on Dec 21 and I've got a USPS tracking number. Normally it would have moved past "Pre Shipment" phase by now, however that is not the case. My guess is what with the Holidays (plus the info you shared regarding inventory count) that things will be delayed at least a week. No problem for me - I've still yet to play War of the Outer Gods.

At least you have had the processing part done. One step out of the way!! Asmodee only processes once a week on Tuesdays. Since they missed their normal day last week, if they don’t process Tuesday because of the inventory count, we will be waiting a couple more weeks.
Enjoy WotOG! We haven’t payed it yet either. We’ve been waiting for there to be more than just the two of us to tackle it.

Edited by Mimi61

I played WotOG true solo. The first thing I did after winning is set up another play. The second run didnt go so well.

5 minutes ago, Villefere said:

I played WotOG true solo. The first thing I did after winning is set up another play. The second run didnt go so well.

I've played twice and won both, but the second one was a really close call.

52 minutes ago, Magnito said:

I've played twice and won both, but the second one was a really close call.

How is it in non-epic mode? I was thinking of buying it because it sounds really cool but I know some of them are really only fun in epic mode.

Edited by Jaync
1 hour ago, Villefere said:

True Solo?? You are brave!
So do you think a run with two investigators would be do-able? Our first time playing The Blob was just the two of us and it was hairy, but very fun. The second time with four, it was a combination of hilarity while teetering on the edge of death. Proving you really can die laughing. Of course, every time we drew the encounter card that makes you go to the list of what the Blob eats, we’d shuffle it right back into the encounter deck. Best encounter card ever!

Edited by Mimi61
2 hours ago, Jaync said:

How is it in non-epic mode? I was thinking of buying it because it sounds really cool but I know some of them are really only fun in epic mode.

I prefer any scenario with 3 players. Epic mode is just too hectic for me and seems unnecessary mechanic-wise.

1 hour ago, Mimi61 said:

True Solo?? You are brave!
So do you think a run with two investigators would be do-able? Our first time playing The Blob was just the two of us and it was hairy, but very fun. The second time with four, it was a combination of hilarity while teetering on the edge of death. Proving you really can die laughing. Of course, every time we drew the encounter card that makes you go to the list of what the Blob eats, we’d shuffle it right back into the encounter deck. Best encounter card ever!

It would for sure be doable with two. So far everything have been do-able true solo except the Guardians of the Abyss and Where the Gods Dwell.

Edited by Villefere
2 hours ago, Jaync said:

I always play two player, and it was fine. I don't think I liked it as much as Blob or Hotel, but it was still a decent scenario with lots of replayability.

The only scenario that I don't think works without Epic is Labyrinth.

17 hours ago, Magnito said:

The only scenario that I don't think works without Epic is Labyrinth.

100% agree. Labyrinths is a snooze fest in non epic mode.

18 hours ago, Villefere said:

I prefer any scenario with 3 players. Epic mode is just too hectic for me and seems unnecessary mechanic-wise.

It would for sure be doable with two. So far everything have been do-able true solo except the Guardians of the Abyss and Where the Gods Dwell.

We are on it! We are just starting our 3rd re-play through TCU and plan to insert it right before The Secret Name.

Received my Asmodee "Items Shipping Soon" notifications for Horror in High Gear & Marvel Champions: Wasp. As they are listed as releasing tomorrow, I won't hold my breath.

2 hours ago, Duciris said:

Received my Asmodee "Items Shipping Soon" notifications for Horror in High Gear & Marvel Champions: Wasp. As they are listed as releasing tomorrow, I won't hold my breath.

You’d be holding it for a looong time!
I emailed Asmodee about this, since it hasn’t even processed yet and this was part of their response. I then asked if that means all future release dates are pushed back to the third Friday in the month now as well, but haven’t heard back yet.

Thank you for your message, and for preordering from Asmodee. The official USA street date for this item is January 22nd ; that is also the delivery date for preorders through Asmodee USA.

Is there only one guy manning the Warehouse, or what is up?

Edited by Mimi61

My Horror in High Gear arrives tomorrow...glad I don't rely on Asmodee directly. UK distribution has been pretty good over the last twelve months.

6 minutes ago, Dr Dee said:

My Horror in High Gear arrives tomorrow...glad I don't rely on Asmodee directly. UK distribution has been pretty good over the last twelve months.

Lucky you. US distribution has gotten worse every month for a few months now. This is a little ridiculous though. Today FFG still says the US release date is tomorrow.
At this rate, you guys will have the whole next cycle, before we are done with Innsmouth! 🦑

Edited by Mimi61

The word I had received (unofficially) was that the shipment was delayed leaving China, thus the push back of the release date. No word on if future releases will also be pushed back.

Yeah just got word January releases are being pushed back for lcgs by asmodee.

Just got email from Team Covenant that this months releases are pushed back to January 22.

Surprised to see Horror in High Gear at my local store here in western Canada so snapped it up!

10 minutes ago, Krysmopompas said:

Surprised to see Horror in High Gear at my local store here in western Canada so snapped it up!

Seems to have made it on time to retailer shelves across Canada.

Conversely, the 5th pack of the Lord of the Rings Vengeance of Mordor cycle (Land of Sorrow), which was officially released last August (iirc), still hasn't reached store shelves up here... even though the 6th and final pack (Fortress of Nurn), as well as the Hunt for the Dreadnaught stand-alone scenario, are available in Canada.

I totally understand shipping delays due to pandemic-related challenges, but just find it completely weird that some products never seem to reach their intended markets at all, or way out of release order.

But whatever... as far as I'm concerned, these irritants are merely the worries of the privileged. Things will come when they come, and I'm not going to die even if they don't.

Edited by TwiceBorn

seeing if this works...figure I should send the forum something after years of referring to others' nice spoilers!

Part 1 of 2: Guardians and Seekers

AHHorror1.jpeg

Edited by Krysmopompas