Shipping Now

By Duciris, in Arkham Horror: The Card Game

My order arrived today 🙂

Delays apparently blamed on everybody and his dog doing their Xmas shopping on-line due to pandemic and lockdowns. Postal services reportedly struggling to cope.

20 hours ago, Duciris said:

Got shipping notification about 1 today. Hadn't left the warehouse last I saw.

Mine said the same thing and came 7 days later, on the day I had ordered them on Amazon just in case. UPS just never scanned them in, so there was zero tracking info.
I should be getting those any day. I was going to hang onto them for a week or so anyway, in case someone’s didn’t arrive. Let me know, and I will send out the sled dogs....with Skids O’Drool in the lead spot, he can “take the wheel” of Fed Ex and UPS and USPS trucks and get your stuff to you lickity split!

4 hours ago, coldt0es said:

I finally got the notice on Wednesday that my Devil Reef was ready for pickup at my FLGS so I was able to go get it yesterday. They still don't seem to have War of the Outer Gods though. (I didn't preorder that one — trying to save something for people to get me for Christmas. But it's a gamble.)

War of the Outer Gods is on Amazon.

Edited by Mimi61
On 12/9/2020 at 5:55 AM, Jaync said:

Yeah that makes sense. Also I think that the player-base has been growing pretty fast during the pandemic so that might be why things are getting sold out sooner.

Exactly. That is what I think happened. They probably plan for a certain amount of growth in popularity when they order a print run. But with shut downs pretty much all over the world in the Spring, the increase in demand for games was something they couldn’t have foreseen and this one became very popular. Since printers were also shut down and FFG makes so many different card games, they probably have been slammed. So they are selling the stock they have and having to reprint. I’m sure printers have also been backed up. Hopefully it’s leveling off.

Edited by Mimi61
6 hours ago, Sooner535 said:

Mine still has yet to leave the warehouse either 😕 I guess the bright side being is the next method pack and devils reef are going to arrive the same day lol (joke.... unless?)

It may have left the warehouse. Mine said the same thing, but UPS just never scanned it in. It eventually came.

1 hour ago, Mimi61 said:

It may have left the warehouse. Mine said the same thing, but UPS just never scanned it in. It eventually came.

I hope you’re right, I’m just overly excited as always to play :) I was hoping to have it here by this weekend as it’ll be the first weekend in over a month I’ve gotten to sit down and play (the need for overtime + finals week is a bit of a drag lol) but I’m ready for some smooth sailing weeks for a bit then on to the grind again :)

2 hours ago, Mimi61 said:

War of the Outer Gods is on Amazon.

Yeah, I'm expecting my local store should still have them in stock after Christmas if no one gives me one, so I should be able to buy it myself at the end of the month. But with all these reports of reduced inventory, there could be a run on them and I could get stuck without. If so, I'll just have to wait for the reprint. But I'm gambling that I'll get one.

10 hours ago, coldt0es said:

Yeah, I'm expecting my local store should still have them in stock after Christmas if no one gives me one, so I should be able to buy it myself at the end of the month. But with all these reports of reduced inventory, there could be a run on them and I could get stuck without. If so, I'll just have to wait for the reprint. But I'm gambling that I'll get one.

I just saw War of the Outer Gods back in stock on FFG’s website.

FFG charged me but never sent my items. Covid can be blamed for delays, but it cannot be blamed for me being passed over and prematurely charged.

11 minutes ago, Villefere said:

FFG charged me but never sent my items. Covid can be blamed for delays, but it cannot be blamed for me being passed over and prematurely charged.

I finally got WOTOG and Devil Reef yesterday from FFG. They're going really slow over this holiday season.

Starting to lose my patience

Edited by Villefere

I finally picked up In Too Deep, Devil Reef, and Jacqueline Fine from my FLGS on Thursday. They had accidentally gift wrapped In Too Deep, so I put it under the tree for myself. Won't I be surprised on Christmas morning?

I had pestered my local shop about Devil Reef and WOTOG so much that they evidently set aside two copies of each for me. So even though I had picked up my (paid in advance) copies last weekend, I got a phone call today saying they were holding them for me.

If it's any consolation to anyone, I am still waiting on my preorders of Devils Reef and WOTOG and I only live 28.8 miles from FFG HQ.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mimi61 said:

Mine said the same thing and came 7 days later, on the day I had ordered them on Amazon just in case. UPS just never scanned them in, so there was zero tracking info.
I should be getting those any day.

Tracking emailed from UPS finally updated.. They claim Monday. The link Asmodee sent out says they're still awaiting the packages. (They'll probably get handed off to them for final delivery.)

i'm not irritated because of how far behind I am on Arkham. If this were Marvel, I'd be pulling my hair out.

14 minutes ago, Duciris said:

If this were Marvel, I'd be pulling my hair out.

Something similar to this happened to my ant-man pack...

4 hours ago, Duciris said:

Tracking emailed from UPS finally updated.. They claim Monday. The link Asmodee sent out says they're still awaiting the packages. (They'll probably get handed off to them for final delivery.)

i'm not irritated because of how far behind I am on Arkham. If this were Marvel, I'd be pulling my hair out.

I hear you. It looks like UPS has given up on scanning stuff in at for the holidays.

23 hours ago, Carthoris said:

I had pestered my local shop about Devil Reef and WOTOG so much that they evidently set aside two copies of each for me. So even though I had picked up my (paid in advance) copies last weekend, I got a phone call today saying they were holding them for me.

Nice one!

Our local shop kept forgetting to set aside the ones we preordered from them and would sell them on the day of release to other people, usually within an hour of when we would call to see if they had them. Which is why we started pre ordering from Asmodee directly.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:17 PM, Villefere said:

Starting to lose my patience

I have an extra copy of WOTOG, if you want it. Our backup Devil Reef actually did get lost in the mail, sorry.

Thanks but I finally got a shipping notice, though the tracking hasn't updated yet

Edited by Villefere

Preordered devil reef, I was billed nov 24, december 9th i got a shipped notification, but no tracking. No package yet, dec 17th...

Where is my devil reef pre order!!!???

Just pre-ordered Horror in High Gear...this will be my first order due to arrive after the UK leaves the EU (don't get me started on that fiasco)...so interesting to see whether that makes things as unpredictable as they seem to be in the US for pre-orders these days.

On 12/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, mdhuber said:

Where is my devil reef pre order!!!???

If you haven’t received it two weeks from the shipping notification, call them. That’s when they can consider it lost and act on it.

On 12/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, Mimi61 said:

I hear you. It looks like UPS has given up on scanning stuff in at for the holidays.

This ended up getting me some free sleeves, the scans stopped and the seller refunded me, then 3 weeks after the order they suddenly show up.

Finally received my Devil Reef & War of the Outer Gods today.