STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

On 10/30/2019 at 3:57 PM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wonder who he will take that can use a blaster. A pirate, maybe? Griff?

They had the chance to explore better the character of Griff and didn't do it. It's a shame, because he must have an intriguing background.

And it must be Synara. Kaz obviously has a crush on her (love at first sigh?)

Edited by Odanan
On 11/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Nena's neat looking ship. Fairly sure it's a new design.

zro-ca-001818_32b8e262.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1080%2C1080

The wing hinges attached to the engines are making me cringe....

On 11/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, Hiemfire said:

The wing hinges attached to the engines are making me cringe....

ThE X-WinG's LanDinG geArS cOmiNG ouT of ThE lOWeR EnginE bAy iS mAKinG mE cRiNgE

20 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

ThE X-WinG's LanDinG geArS cOmiNG ouT of ThE lOWeR EnginE bAy iS mAKinG mE cRiNgE

Bad day?

5 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Bad day?

No, but it's a silly complaint when there's so many other "Design faux pas" in the star wars universe.

God, have you ever seen the exposed bridge of [basically every ship]? It maKes mE CRiNge!

6 hours ago, KCDodger said:

God, have you ever seen the exposed bridge of [basically every ship]? It maKes mE CRiNge!

Seeing your fleet crush the enemy is not the same if you just do it on screen, safely sheltered and maybe far away.

8 hours ago, Singulativ said:

Seeing your fleet crush the enemy is not the same if you just do it on screen, safely sheltered and maybe far away.

It was satirical. I'm saying that there are a TON of STUPID design choices in Star Wars, so this one isn't any worse or better.

Look how cute it is!

zro-ca-001837_b0897cbe.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
6 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Look how cute it is!

zro-ca-001837_b0897cbe.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

Hard to get a clear size estimate, so I'm still in a grey area as to the "cuteness". With as blurry as the background is the Karnex (as the descriptor box calls it) could be anywhere from the size of a guppy up to a Star Destroyer. I am getting a distinct JP2 Compy vibe from it though, so it could be roughly the size of a Jack Russel...

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

Hard to get a clear size estimate, so I'm still in a grey area as to the "cuteness". With as blurry as the background is the Karnex (as the descriptor box calls it) could be anywhere from the size of a guppy up to a Star Destroyer. I am getting a distinct JP2 Compy vibe from it though, so it could be roughly the size of a Jack Russel...

They do actually have a size comparison in the concept art, with a roughly human sized person next to the head.

zro-ca-001839_005eaef5.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

1 minute ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

They do actually have a size comparison in the concept art, with a roughly human sized person next to the head.

zro-ca-001839_005eaef5.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

Ty, between you and SWE, small is definitely out of the question. :D

OOhhh, Ground Eels! :D

Image result for moray eel

That better not be another entrance to the place between worlds and a way for Palpatine to show up. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Not sure how I feel about the relic seeking person. Neat to see how non-force-users might deal with a sith temple. Plus we find out that the FO supreme leader has special troopers looking for relics. At this point, that could be Kylo Ren, but seems more likely these are orders from Snoke.

Cool that they canonized a WEG originated planet. No other sources for that one in new-canon so far.

I'm not ready to trust Ashas Ree yet. Maybe she really wants to keep these things from the FO and other baddies, maybe she wants to find power for herself, or maybe she's another undercover agent working for the FO.

Also interesting that the kid asks her about the force. We know Eila is possibly force-sensitive (the precognition she has in dreams). I wonder if she was hoping Ashas would help her understand more about her abilities.

Is Ashas force-sensitive as well? That still seems a little unclear to me. She did some neat flips while escaping the crumbling temple but that could just be that she's very athletic and acrobatic. She does seem to know some amount of information about the force, but so does Lor San Tekka and he wasn't force-sensitive either.

zro-ca-001917_0d789589.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1440%2C1080

I don't think it was clear in the episode that the artifact appears to have a little head sculpted into it.

zro-ca-001914_e2edbe34.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1080%2C1080

New stormtroopers

4 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The mistery X-Wing!! I really want more info on that one.

BTW, are those ion cannons?

12 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Looks like this is gonna be a interesting episode.

Also when i first saw the X-wing I thought it would be Kaz's ship after the Fireball is destroyed at dome point. There goes that idea unless something happens.