STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

' "The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me." '

As a fan of Star Wars and also WWII aviation, I am super geeked out about this.

11 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

Can anyone identify that ship? It looks like a cross between an X-Wing and an E-wing. It reminds me of an X-83 Twin-tail .

It's an FW-190 flying backwards?

Disney is following Kylo's advice and are slowly letting the past die. I'm not very excited about this series yet.

2 minutes ago, xanderf said:

It's an FW-190 flying backwards?

Holy crap, you're right! That's cool! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Scrivner said:

' "The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me." '

As a fan of Star Wars and also WWII aviation, I am super geeked out about this.

Ditto. So was George Lucas.

Someone noted that it looks like an Old-Republic Striker-class fighter, restored and customized... with different engines, etc.

901927_press01-001.jpg

I wonder if that is the T-85 x-wing

39 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Don't talk about my waifu like that.

Well, here's the thing about the Internet....

I'm hoping the ship in the Logo is the T-85. A ship mentioned but not shown. A T-85 for x-wing with the paint scheme show would be cool.

I’m also intrigued by the anime feel and look forward to seeing the art style.

1 hour ago, Wiredin said:

this sounds perfect! I always wanted a Rogue Squadron TV show, and this sounds like the closest we will get to it.

My favorite part about any sci-fi series has been the space fighters. it's why I love Star Wars, Battlestar, Wing Commander.

now we just need a new, better, Battletech TV show and my life will be complete

I've always wanted to see a Rogue Squadron series as well. Would love to see them Band of Brothers style starting at the end of the Battle of Edor. Sadly, I believe Disney is going to let Lucas Star Wars die and replace it completely with Resistance forward. Rogue One, Rebels and Solo give me hope though but I'll be surprised if they go back to the OT time frame much.

8 minutes ago, drail14me said:

Disney is following Kylo's advice and are slowly letting the past die. I'm not very excited about this series yet.

I don't know about that.

Rebels proved how much the prequels and OT can be integrated beautifully.

Perhaps this can do the same with the Sequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy?

1 minute ago, dewbie420 said:

Someone noted that it looks like an Old-Republic Striker-class fighter, restored and customized... with different engines, etc.

901927_press01-001.jpg

That's because every era tries to imitate the OT.

With vaguely Vader like villains, and TIE fighter like ships.

There could have been a number of amazing designs for Old Republic troopers, but they went with the clone trooper-esque troops to hammer the point home. Same with the ship. It is vaguely X-Wing like.

I’m getting some Z-95 vibes from the ship in the logo, but the idea of it being a T-85 or some sort of scout variant of the X-Wing works too.

52 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Wolf_O'_Donnell.jpg

Filoni's newest Star Wars race and X-Wing pilot :P

Doesn’t even need to make up a new race.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shistavanen

We're gonna see many more older ships that are restored & customized from Dave Filoni's new show.

I hope we get the N-1 from FFG out this, in the least.

I wanna know wtf the fighter is in the title image. Most likely a tricked-out & restored Striker-class or a custom X-wing.

I also hope we see some Resistance Bombers show up. I may be in the minority, but I like them.

2 hours ago, Sithborg said:

Yeah, it sounds like it is going to be a dog fight heavy show, which sounds fun. So, plenty of fodder for the game. Also, not CG, which is surprising. 2D, but specifically called out as anime style.

Dollars to donuts it was inspired by this.

DUDE! this is awesome!! Thanks for sharing it.

13 minutes ago, dewbie420 said:

We're gonna see many more older ships that are restored & customized from Dave Filoni's new show.

I hope we get the N-1 from FFG out this, in the least.

I wanna know wtf the fighter is in the title image. Most likely a tricked-out & restored Striker-class or a custom X-wing.

I’m hoping we’ll get some more ST era Scum ships from the show too.

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

also some new pilots are always welcome

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

There is a comment in the disney article about being inspired by high speed racing. I don't think the ship seen in the image is a T-## anything. I think it is more likely a racing only fighter in the same manner as old P-51s and F-4 Corsairs getting hacked up for RedBull air racing. Still not a bad way to get some new hotshot pilot dragged into the resistance.

Sweet, a new source for X-Wing ships!

So, will this be available on Amazon like Rebels was, a subscription?

I'm worried that just started production and they are releasing it this fall. It sounds like an awfuly short time, considering that, with how the TV scheduling works it's more likely to mean early September than late November. And DisneyXD is never a good sign.

16 minutes ago, eMeM said:

I'm worried that just started production and they are releasing it this fall. It sounds like an awfuly short time, considering that, with how the TV scheduling works it's more likely to mean early September than late November. And DisneyXD is never a good sign.

I'm not too worried. This probably started production the moment rebels ended, probably considerably before.

As Rebels winded down, people were probably assigned work for the new show. Pre-production probably started about the same time as rebels last season started.

55 minutes ago, Tailsgod said:

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

also some new pilots are always welcome

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Dude, Ello Asty finally gets to shine!

not to mention all the other hundreds of Resistence folks that bought it in the last two episode movies

54 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

I think it is more likely a racing only fighter in the same manner as old P-51s and F-4 Corsairs getting hacked up for RedBull air racing

I've heard of refurbished P-51s, but never an F-4! Neat!