STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

53 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

There is a comment in the disney article about being inspired by high speed racing. I don't think the ship seen in the image is a T-## anything. I think it is more likely a racing only fighter in the same manner as old P-51s and F-4 Corsairs getting hacked up for RedBull air racing. Still not a bad way to get some new hotshot pilot dragged into the resistance.

Such an original concept.

You know, I aint even mad.

Just steal the theme music, too. Leave Minmay, though.

Based on the ships we got from Rebels over the waves, I'd imagine we're looking at 1-2 ships from this show in waves next year. Seeing as the show is about ships, you could see something crazy like a 3 fighter pack. Let's also keep in mind that there may be other Star Wars shows and, of course, the movies that may start crowding things.

I don't mind the mix we got, say, in waves XII-XIII: EU ship, new ship, cartoon ship, two new movie ships. I think that second slot (alternatively) could be another EU, another cartoon, prequel ship, etc. - whatever people want to buy the most. Wouldn't it be cool if they let the community vote on a ship?

Edited by dadocollin
1 hour ago, Tailsgod said:

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

also some new pilots are always welcome

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Give me Wedge

Based off the new canon I think they are trying to keep Wedge as just a background character. Almost as if they were spited by him not coming back for TFA despite being a fairly active British actor.

42 minutes ago, eMeM said:

I'm worried that just started production and they are releasing it this fall. It sounds like an awfuly short time, considering that, with how the TV scheduling works it's more likely to mean early September than late November. And DisneyXD is never a good sign.

It has probably long been in development before now.

16 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Such an original concept.

You know, I aint even mad.

Just steal the theme music, too. Leave Minmay, though.

No, just no! Bad! What did they do to SDF Macross, and never support Harmony Gold they are the reason that Macross 7, Frontier, Delta, and everything else related to it effectively haven't been brought to the states.

4 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

No, just no! Bad! What did they do to SDF Macross, and never support Harmony Gold they are the reason that Macross 7, Frontier, Delta, and everything else related to it effectively haven't been brought to the states.

I'm just saying, if you are going to have some hotshot race/stunt pilot turned war hero, you might as well bite the bullet and name him Dyck Jaeger, which would be the greatest pilot name since *** Rot.

28 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm not too worried. This probably started production the moment rebels ended, probably considerably before.

As Rebels winded down, people were probably assigned work for the new show. Pre-production probably started about the same time as rebels last season started.

Correct. In fact at SW Celebration as they were previewing Season 4 of Rebels Filoni already said he was working on a new animation project. I'm pretty sure that means the meat has been laid down, now it's time for the pretty covering.

50 minutes ago, eMeM said:

I'm worried that just started production and they are releasing it this fall. It sounds like an awfuly short time, considering that, with how the TV scheduling works it's more likely to mean early September than late November. And DisneyXD is never a good sign.

While Rebels seems to have die hard fans and haters... I for one was a lover.... and it was on Disney XD. So I'm excited.

7 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

Based off the new canon I think they are trying to keep Wedge as just a background character. Almost as if they were spited by him not coming back for TFA despite being a fairly active British actor.

It has probably long been in development before now.

Harmony gold can *expletives* I hate them so much as a Battletech fan. And yes, SDF Macross, Macross II, and Macross Plus are just as major parts of my childhood as Star Wars. Robotech is just wrong...

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

I'm just saying, if you are going to have some hotshot race/stunt pilot turned war hero, you might as well bite the bullet and name him Dyck Jaeger, which would be the greatest pilot name since *** Rot.

You mean Hikaru Ichijyo? :P

I don't know I feel the story is fairly open/common enough to be accepted as some non-Macross/Robotech copy. I mean it isn't like we will have music be the secret to peace, then again when was the last time that Kylo Ren and the rest of the First Order went to a J-Pop Idol show? And it sort of makes sense I guess in a period where peace prevails for at least a little bit.

1 minute ago, Wiredin said:

Harmony gold can *expletives* I hate them so much as a Battletech fan. And yes, SDF Macross, Macross II, and Macross Plus are just as major parts of my childhood as Star Wars. Robotech is just wrong...

The only positive is that supposedly they are supposed to lose their hold on the property on Macross here in the coming years, I think 2020 something. So hopefully then we will be able to get the other Macross series coming to the States or more importantly to me seeing them added back to SRW with their English releases. Classic Macross and Plus are only in the Alpha series and it would be great to see them again.

3 hours ago, WAC47 said:

Looks like a Recon X-wing to me, with the sensor package on the nose!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-65BR_X-wing_reconnaissance_starfighter

Super excited to see what this show brings to the game!

What kind of game effect would a sensor package modification do in the game of X-Wing? Just curious!

1 hour ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

There is a comment in the disney article about being inspired by high speed racing. I don't think the ship seen in the image is a T-## anything. I think it is more likely a racing only fighter in the same manner as old P-51s and F-4 Corsairs getting hacked up for RedBull air racing. Still not a bad way to get some new hotshot pilot dragged into the resistance.

Corran Horn? Swoop racer turned CorSec (police force) turned Rebel pilot turned Jedi

OH DUDE.

PLEASE YES A FLYING STAR WARS QUASI-ANIME

AAAAHHHHHHH OOHHH THAT'S NIFTY.

Isn't that basically an Ewing without the cop cannon and some greebles on the nose?

2 hours ago, Yakostovian said:

Can anyone identify that ship? It looks like a cross between an X-Wing and an E-wing. It reminds me of an X-83 Twin-tail .

Kinda looks like a Liberator-class:

Image result for liberator-class fighter

But I will also grant the FW-190 backwards.

DEJA-VU

I'VE BEEN HERE IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

actually to be more accurate, y'mean like Rick Hunter's stunt fighter he has before he's a Veritech pilot?

7 minutes ago, jwilliamson12 said:

What kind of game effect would a sensor package modification do in the game of X-Wing? Just curious!

Not sure. I looked back at what "sensor" cards we already have, but there isn't a unified theme to draw from.

3 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

Not sure. I looked back at what "sensor" cards we already have, but there isn't a unified theme to draw from.

The linked Wiki article said something about getting into dangerous places. So maybe something like "you may treat red maneuvers as white maneuvers while you are stressed. If you do, roll one attack die. If you roll a critical result, receive one damage."

1pt cost if it's critial, 0 point cost if you want to make the damage happen on a hit or crit.

Edited by jwilliamson12

Look, Han's dice!

Image result for bee gee plane

54 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm not too worried. This probably started production the moment rebels ended, probably considerably before.

As Rebels winded down, people were probably assigned work for the new show. Pre-production probably started about the same time as rebels last season started.

The announcement says "StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance"

26 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Correct. In fact at SW Celebration as they were previewing Season 4 of Rebels Filoni already said he was working on a new animation project. I'm pretty sure that means the meat has been laid down, now it's time for the pretty covering.

While Rebels seems to have die hard fans and haters... I for one was a lover.... and it was on Disney XD. So I'm excited.

Rebels was kinda okay for me, but it could have been so much more if it was on Cartoon Network or at least Disney Channel.

3 minutes ago, jwilliamson12 said:

The linked Wiki article said something about getting into dangerous places. So maybe something like "you may treat red maneuvers as white maneuvers while you are stressed. If you do, roll one attack die. If you roll a critical result, receive one damage."

1pt cost if it's critial, 0 point cost if you want to make the damage happen on a hit or crit.

That could work.

7 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Kinda looks like a Liberator-class:

Image result for liberator-class fighter

But I will also grant the FW-190 backwards.

That is probably the ship from which they took inspiration.

The fuselage and cockpit canopy are obviously very reminiscent of a T-65, extended for that center-line engine and with the added nose cone modification of a reconnaissance X-wing. It also seems like there's an Astromech socket behind the cockpit. Obviously can't tell if the wings are splitting S-foils from this, but I'm guessing some new-for-the-series recon X-wing model. The silhouette looking like a WWII era fighter going in reverse is pretty clever. I just hope we see original trilogy fighters in intense dogfights. At the very least a lot of T-70 goodness.

3 hours ago, Scrivner said:

' "The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me." '

As a fan of Star Wars and also WWII aviation, I am super geeked out about this.

More ships inbound!

1 hour ago, Animewarsdude said:

I mean... good?

I have no respect for actors who are not enthusiastic about their movies. It's not like Mark Hamill is a great nerd, but he at least gives a crap, and he respects his fans. It's not like he has to do a lot... He didn't have many lines, he mostly just sat in an uncomfortable cockpit for a few hours, and walked around in a jumpsuit a couple of times... Despite this there are tens of thousands of people (us) who love the guy... All he would have to do for our love, is to be in a flippin movie for 30 seconds, and maybe smile politely once a year at an event for a picture.

He is not willing to do that... fine, then I don't flippin care about him.

Puts on corporate money thinking cap: This will be a show with tonnes of spunky pilots, representing all human races, each with their own modifyed raceing fighter ships, in vivid colours, vaguely reminding of different classical ships. Lots of toys to be made.

Basically this could be How to train your dragon with Star Wars ships... Please prove me wrong Disney.

Oh also who wants to bet that Jacen shows up at some point in this series too?