STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

SPOILER_Screenshot_2020-01-19_at_6.03.45

The original Knights of the Old Republic Jedi Temple on Dantooine is visible in todays episode.

SPOILER_Originalenclave.jpg

5 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

SPOILER_Screenshot_2020-01-19_at_6.03.45

The original Knights of the Old Republic Jedi Temple on Dantooine is visible in todays episode.

SPOILER_Originalenclave.jpg

A nice nod, even though kotor is garbage. 😜

New shuttle, not that interesting, honestly.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-04

T70s in Resistance style, non-Poe colors.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-05

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-03

A shot of the buildings on Dantooine.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-09

Something I've been curious about for a few weeks is the weapons in Tierny's office. I'm not as familiar with weapons, if anyone recognizes these, I'd love to know what they are. F looks like some kind of EE-3 carbine.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-10

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-11

Weapon "F" looks like a schmeisser MP40 (same as Krennic's pistol)

Image result for schmeisser MP40

On 1/13/2020 at 7:30 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Hypothetical stats for XWM 2.0 just from looking at the images:

3 Icon arc standard front 2 Agility 5 Hull, 2 Shields

Dial: as /Sa with 3 Koigran replace by 3 Tallons

Ship size: Small

Ship ability: A direct copy of the /Sa's Nimble Bomber is very possible much like the /Vn has the same ship ability as the /In. Also possible is something boosting it's ordinance with a deplete or strain cost.

Pods look to be smaller than the ones on a /Sa so possibly same upgrade slots as /Sa with the Tech slot swapped in in place of the Gunner slot.

Action bar: Icon action focus , Icon action lock , Icon action barrel roll > Icon action lock red , Icon action reload red , (and possibly Icon action evade ).

This thing gives me the willies...

Edited by Hiemfire
3 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

F definitely looks like Boba's carbine.

46 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Weapon "F" looks like a schmeisser MP40 (same as Krennic's pistol)

There is definitely some similarity there.

Edited by Hiemfire
6 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

New shuttle, not that interesting, honestly.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-04

T70s in Resistance style, non-Poe colors.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-05

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-03

A shot of the buildings on Dantooine.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-09

Something I've been curious about for a few weeks is the weapons in Tierny's office. I'm not as familiar with weapons, if anyone recognizes these, I'd love to know what they are. F looks like some kind of EE-3 carbine.

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-10

rebuilding-the-resistance-concept-art-11

Well, let's take a look.

A is a type of Gaffi stick, look at the knob end of it.
B is some type of Vibrosword, origin unknown.
C looks like a weapon from Jakku / TFA props.
D is a Bo Staff, very similar to Zeb's if not the same
E, unknown.
F, no clue. It's not an EE3 or an EE4. Maybe a 2 or 5? Who knows..! Related though, for sure.
G is a Tusken Rifle
H seems to be the same case as C.

4 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

Hypothetical stats for XWM 2.0 just from looking at the images:

3 Icon arc standard front 2 Agility 5 Hull, 2 Shields

Dial: as /Sa with 3 Koigran replace by 3 Tallons

Ship size: Small

Ship ability: A direct copy of the /Sa's Nimble Bomber is very possible much like the /Vn has the same ship ability as the /In. Also possible is something boosting it's ordinance with a deplete or strain cost.

Pods look to be smaller than the ones on a /Sa so possibly same upgrade slots as /Sa with the Tech slot swapped in in place of the Gunner slot.

Action bar: Icon action focus , Icon action lock , Icon action barrel roll > Icon action lock red , Icon action reload red , (and possibly Icon action evade ).

This thing gives me the willies...

Smaller pod might mean its dedicated to one type of ordinance. We know it definitely uses bombs but I'm not aware of it known to use torps or missiles yet. Definitely agree on 3 attack and the rest of the stats seem roughly correct. It might only have 1 agility. I think it could have a slightly improved version of the TIE/sa ability. I wouldn't give it turns or larger banks, but maybe it could take a boost action after placing a device, maybe at the cost of a deplete or strain.

I would expect it to have a tech slot.

1 hour ago, KCDodger said:

Well, let's take a look.

A is a type of Gaffi stick, look at the knob end of it.
B is some type of Vibrosword, origin unknown.
C looks like a weapon from Jakku / TFA props.
D is a Bo Staff, very similar to Zeb's if not the same
E, unknown.
F, no clue. It's not an EE3 or an EE4. Maybe a 2 or 5? Who knows..! Related though, for sure.
G is a Tusken Rifle
H seems to be the same case as C.

Lots of good calls here.

Would be interesting to see if some of these unknowns end up visually in project luminous, but I don't know if we should expect that.

I looked through all of wookiepedia's images of vibros and I can't find a match.

I don't think D is a bo-rifle like Zeb's. Maybe there's different ones.

image_bd5321b0.jpeg?region=0,0,1920,1080

3 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Lots of good calls here.

Would be interesting to see if some of these unknowns end up visually in project luminous, but I don't know if we should expect that.

I looked through all of wookiepedia's images of vibros and I can't find a match.

B. Looks like the Knight of Ren vibrobalde that went swimming on a cold day.

49 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Lots of good calls here.

Yeah, Kallus' modified one and don't forget, Zeb was an Honor Guard. So what we're seeing here MAY be a standard one.

8 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Another nail in the coffin of it being Kallus’ bow rifle (or the same style) is that the shot was not important enough to create all new assets for. It would take a 3d artist hours to make a background item like that, so instead they would reuse an asset available. All those weapons were wielded by characters in Either Rebels and Clone Wars at some point.

1 hour ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Another nail in the coffin of it being Kallus’ bow rifle (or the same style) is that the shot was not important enough to create all new assets for. It would take a 3d artist hours to make a background item like that, so instead they would reuse an asset available. All those weapons were wielded by characters in Either Rebels and Clone Wars at some point.

Probably true, but I could see them throwing in one or two models from an older property as an easter egg, like having the buildings on Dantooine in this episode resemble those from KOTOR. None of them seem to be that recognizable, so if they did pull that kind of easter egg, it's a rare one.

7 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Nice to see roughly where we are in the timeline again. Looking forward to the finale but I still wish we'd seen more racing.

Series Finale

I'm...

I'm gonna' miss these characters.

8 hours ago, KCDodger said:

I'm...

I'm gonna' miss these characters.

I wish we'd at least get something after the show, like a visual guide or even just cross-sections of the racers. Or comics. Hopefully they announce something.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
7 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wish we'd at least get something after the show, like a visual guide or even just cross-sections of the racers. Or comics. Hopefully they announce something.

Same!

6bjvmgcm5sc41.jpg