STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

On 1/3/2020 at 1:03 PM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Crimson Corsair!

Sidon Ithano, nicknamed the "Crimson Corsair," from The Force Awakens can be see in the celebration at the end of The Rise of Skywalker .

Roger Roger!

Neat to see a payoff for a story from the books that released just before VII.

Neat to see Sidon Ithano's ship again, the Meson Martinet, though I think this is the third different look we're aware of. (It's previously been said to be a XS freighter and a heavily modified CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle). I'll say that the boxy cockpit is reminiscent of some Correllian designs, so maybe the star shuttle line ended up a lot different and this is it.

I think it looks nice, though. Episode guide: https://www.starwars.com/series/star-wars-resistance/the-mutiny-episode-guide

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-03_2df804

sidon-ithano-ship-1.jpg

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-05_e0e48e

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-06_d60a9c

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-04_db3c99

@CaptainJaguarShark technically didn’t add this bit because he knows it’s how I like to start my Monday.

I really like those B-1's :D especially ones post CW, just being "not battle droidy" I really hope they have more of him, he could be their C3PO, "aww, man.." "we're doomed!"

28 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I really like those B-1's :D especially ones post CW, just being "not battle droidy" I really hope they have more of him, he could be their C3PO, "aww, man.." "we're doomed!"

It certainly seems that the battle droids will still be there. I would speculate that the station will be invaded again at some point by the FO, and the battle droids will be key to defending it, or at least letting its residents escape.

I also liked the "gittery-ness" of the B-1, like IG11 in Mandalorian.

5 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Neat to see a payoff for a story from the books that released just before VII.

Neat to see Sidon Ithano's ship again, the Meson Martinet, though I think this is the third different look we're aware of. (It's previously been said to be a XS freighter and a heavily modified CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle). I'll say that the boxy cockpit is reminiscent of some Correllian designs, so maybe the star shuttle line ended up a lot different and this is it.

I think it looks nice, though. Episode guide: https://www.starwars.com/series/star-wars-resistance/the-mutiny-episode-guide

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-03_2df804

sidon-ithano-ship-1.jpg

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-05_e0e48e

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-06_d60a9c

the-mutiny-concept-art-gallery-04_db3c99

Finally! We get to see the Meson Martinet! I honestly want more of this character, Sidon Ithano - the Crimson Corsair!

4 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I honestly want more of this character, Sidon Ithano - the Crimson Corsair!

When I first saw stills of the Crimson Corsair, I thought they would give him the Boba Fett/Darth Maul merchandising treatment. He definitely had “that look.”

Blink and you miss him in The Rise of Skywalker .

5 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

When I first saw stills of the Crimson Corsair, I thought they would give him the Boba Fett/Darth Maul merchandising treatment. He definitely had “that look.”

Blink and you miss him in The Rise of Skywalker .

I do love how this episode ties into: The Crimson Corsair and the lost Treasure of Count Dooku

Double episode next Sunday. While they aren't in the preview, I think this has to be the episode with the FO bombers, though that might wait for the finale in two weeks (also going to be a double that week).

Decent episodes this week.

FO TIE Bomber in flight.

cmyUvlv.png

1shqGEF.png

PHpmkF7.png

Man that probe droid is big. Hm, maybe a remote that can attack? Might be too good though since you can bring another ship almost.

@CaptainJaguarShark the one Monday I get to sleep in I get ninja’d Noghri by two bucket lists.

That’s the forum equivalent of “do you even lift bro?”

3 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Man that probe droid is big. Hm, maybe a remote that can attack? Might be too good though since you can bring another ship almost.

It's got a spinny wheel of blasters AND has homing missile launchers. It could almost be a ship of its own.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
12 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

It's got a spinny wheel of blasters AND has homing missile launchers. It could almost be a ship of its own.

I had a Star Wars adventure (pre D6 West End Games) where the players assumed they had to knock out a normal probe droid but it was a weapons test platform built into a probe droid.

15 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

Seeing those other x-wings next to Venisa's x-wing next to the others is interesting and nice to see. I really have to wonder if she took those engines off of a completely different ship, or wonder if there was a transitional model between the T65 and T70 that we don't know about. I feel like we'll never really find out the truth of her ship in-lore. Out of lore, we know it looks so different as it was a newly kitbashed model by Bill George, but would still be nice to find out where the different parts come from in her story.

8RPrkZp.png

On 1/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Seeing those other x-wings next to Venisa's x-wing next to the others is interesting and nice to see. I really have to wonder if she took those engines off of a completely different ship, or wonder if there was a transitional model between the T65 and T70 that we don't know about. I feel like we'll never really find out the truth of her ship in-lore. Out of lore, we know it looks so different as it was a newly kitbashed model by Bill George, but would still be nice to find out where the different parts come from in her story.

8RPrkZp.png

It was said, I think in Bucket's List, that her X-Wing was a SUPER heavily modified T-65. It's unique to her, entirely.

40 minutes ago, KCDodger said:

It was said, I think in Bucket's List, that her X-Wing was a SUPER heavily modified T-65. It's unique to her, entirely.

I recall that. I'm curious if the parts might ever have in-lore origins. I imagine those engines had to come from somewhere. Maybe she took them off of another fighter or maybe Star Wars has 3rd party after-market kits for souping your ships up.

Loved the latest episode.. so glad to see the Doza’s reunited.

*SPOILERS*

Very interested what the Colossus gets up to now it is officially part of the resistance.

Also, Venisa’s x-wing is awesome. Though I don't play x-wing anymore, I may still pick up her ship, and maybe the fireball just for display purposes.

11 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Loved the latest episode.. so glad to see the Doza’s reunited.

*SPOILERS*

Very interested what the Colossus gets up to now it is officially part of the resistance.

Also, Venisa’s x-wing is awesome. Though I don't play x-wing anymore, I may still pick up her ship, and maybe the fireball just for display purposes.

I also really like her X-Wing and if it ever becomes available officially or unofficially, I too think I'll grab a copy.

AS for the Colossus... I'm not sure if it's confirmed to be present at a particular battle from the movies, so I fear for its future. Very much looking forward to the finale.