STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Gee.. new ships? I bet.

star-wars-resistance-tall-696x392.jpg

http://strw.rs/6180Dbxzj

Edit: Let’s keep it clean, and remember this is a thread for discussing the show, set just before The Force Awakens. If you are not a fan of the Sequel Era, or just want to harp on Disney or ‘Children’s programming’, this is likely not the place for you.

Cheers,

That Blasted Samophlange

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange
Wanting it Merged

Is that a T-85 I wonder?

Darn it beat me to it lol

It's like they stuck a vaksai nose on a t-70

New ships for the Resistance and First Order seem very likely.

And based on the article, we'll be getting plenty more screen time for Poe and Phasma.

Yeah, it sounds like it is going to be a dog fight heavy show, which sounds fun. So, plenty of fodder for the game. Also, not CG, which is surprising. 2D, but specifically called out as anime style.

Dollars to donuts it was inspired by this.

The Z-195 Talent Agent.

Looks like a personal racing craft or a trainer based on the info in the article. Certainly can count on some new pilots and probably some new ships. Exciting.

Edit: And it's got Turkelton (Donald Faison)!

Edited by gamblertuba

Now this is my kind of fix I needed ! A new star wars serie to follow good ! :)

Edited by Arkanta974

Well it’s Filoni’s work, so expect super-old Asokha, older Sabine, or both.

And I imagine the next OP combo will emerge from this based on how Rebels is the source for the current hotness.

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

And I imagine the next OP combo will emerge from this based on how Rebels is the source for the current hotness.

But a show that is focused on X-wing pilots?!?! That could not possibly be better news for this game. I really enjoy all the Resistance and FO ships currently in the game. To the point that I think my preferred format right now would restrict to those two subfactions. Plus, we might finally get Sabine as a pilot! (only the last sentence is sarcasm)

3 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I do actually expect Ahsoka, because she wouldn't be that old.

Togruta live for 300 years so Ahsoka would be about (80/300)x(16+3+15+5+5+29)=21 human years old

31 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

New ships for the Resistance and First Order seem very likely.

And based on the article, we'll be getting plenty more screen time for Poe and Phasma.

We get to see Phasma falling down garbage chutes, falling into holes, falling off cliffs, falling down wells...

this sounds perfect! I always wanted a Rogue Squadron TV show, and this sounds like the closest we will get to it.

My favorite part about any sci-fi series has been the space fighters. it's why I love Star Wars, Battlestar, Wing Commander.

now we just need a new, better, Battletech TV show and my life will be complete

If the show is heavy on the dogfighting, and more along the lines of Rogue Squadron , the TIE Fighter animated short, or The Clone Wars , I'm fine with this. If it's more along the lines of Rebels season 4, then nope.

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

If the show is heavy on the dogfighting, and more along the lines of Rogue Squadron , the TIE Fighter animated short, or The Clone Wars , I'm fine with this. If it's more along the lines of Rebels season 4, then nope.

Wolf_O'_Donnell.jpg

Filoni's newest Star Wars race and X-Wing pilot :P

1 minute ago, kris40k said:

Wolf_O'_Donnell.jpg

Fox McCloud would own all these *******.

3 minutes ago, LordFajubi said:

Fox McCloud would own all these *******.

he's good...but Wolf's better

Edited by ficklegreendice
5 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Wolf_O'_Donnell.jpg

I hope not! I'm so over the whole Filloni wolf fetish.

The ship looks like your typical WWII fighter flying backwards.

I’d like Filoni better if he didn’t wear that stupid hat.

Can anyone identify that ship? It looks like a cross between an X-Wing and an E-wing. It reminds me of an X-83 Twin-tail .

6 minutes ago, Dwing said:

The ship looks like your typical WWII fighter flying backwards.

Oh, geez, I didn't even notice that. Yeah, flip the guns and have it fly the other way...LOL

19 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Wolf_O'_Donnell.jpg

Nah.

That's not nearly enough Wolf, and way too much Fox, for Filoni.