STAR WARS: RESISTANCE Discussion Thread!

By That Blasted Samophlange, in X-Wing Off-Topic

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

TIE Reconnaissance

Superior Scanning and communications tech

Has limited hyperdrive

More agile (but not faster) than a regular TIE

Single gun

Can also assist in targeting for Capital ship orbital bombardment

Normally not supposed to engage in combat

But this is Legends, right? I wonder what ships would do the role in new canon.

zro-ca-001751_e20f57d6.jpeg?region=0,0,1

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

But this is Legends, right? I wonder what ships would do the role in new canon.

The TIE/rc was from 1987 and was Canon for 24 years before Disney’s purge.

I got kinda excited a minute there, Actual training and Aces learning to get together in a character building episode? oh, wait, there's more! First Order doing the same thing, giving us a opposing view point of tactics and ideology?

AND we as an audience finally hear Griff's view of the Empire and First Order, "thats why we lost..." left this episode only mildly disappointed, mostly due because it took this long!

1 hour ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

The TIE/rc was from 1987 and was Canon for 24 years before Disney’s purge.

Sadly, that may not matter. Some things Disney has chosen to bring over. Many things they have chosen not to. I honestly doubt they'll do the TIE/rc at any point, though I guess it might be possible as a left-over in the Mandalorian or something yet to come, like maybe the Cassian or Obi-Wan series.

1 minute ago, RuusMarev said:

I got kinda excited a minute there, Actual training and Aces learning to get together in a character building episode? oh, wait, there's more! First Order doing the same thing, giving us a opposing view point of tactics and ideology?

AND we as an audience finally hear Griff's view of the Empire and First Order, "thats why we lost..." left this episode only mildly disappointed, mostly due because it took this long!

Really hopeful we'll get more proper space battles.

Also still really feels like Tam is going to bail out from the FO eventually. But maybe she'll have a point where she just chooses to stay regardless of the things that don't sit well with her.

I lol'ed at "Kaz-tastrophe" :)

3 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

****, I love this so much.

7 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Nice!!! Imagine if this ship was released for the FO. ;)

@CaptainJaguarShark

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun
56 minutes ago, Odanan said:

It is a X-Wing drone ... An armed remote controlled craft. Not a droid. Unless they take allot of artistic license with it it'd be worse than a Feethan Ottraw Autopilot.

Is Episode 2 still live? Never got a chance?

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Honestly, I don't know that I'd expect it as anything except maybe a scenario token or maybe a remote token.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

It is a X-Wing drone ... An armed remote controlled craft. Not a droid. Unless they take allot of artistic license with it it'd be worse than a Feethan Ottraw Autopilot.

Look, I get what you're saying. But I disagree.

Look at that nose. That's a telltale sign of Trade Federation technology there.

Looks like we'll be returning to the ice moon Celsor 3 next week to hunt the giant snow ray.

Looks like Vonreg's TIE wreckage might have been used for skiff parts as well.

The snow ray is called a Jakoosk

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
On 10/21/2019 at 9:17 PM, Hiemfire said:

On 10/21/2019 at 10:48 PM, Captain Lackwit said:

Look, I get what you're saying. But I disagree.

Look at that nose. That's a telltale sign of Trade Federation technology there.

I think this is splitting hairs. I don't believe drone has been well-defined in Star Wars lore but in our own world: "an unmanned aircraft or ship guided by remote control or onboard computers."

That fits either type being discussed here. It could even be remote controlled by a person as easily as by a computer back on the SD. There are even self-flying drones in our own world already. Whether it's a droid with a full AI could still be debated but the definition of drone is wide enough to include either RC or on-board control.

18 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I think this is splitting hairs. I don't believe drone has been well-defined in Star Wars lore but in our own world: "an unmanned aircraft or ship guided by remote control or onboard computers."

That fits either type being discussed here. It could even be remote controlled by a person as easily as by a computer back on the SD. There are even self-flying drones in our own world already. Whether it's a droid with a full AI could still be debated but the definition of drone is wide enough to include either RC or on-board control.

What matters is the rule of cool. It would be cool to have that gorgeous mini in the game? Most definitely.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Looks like we'll be returning to the ice moon Celsor 3 next week to hunt the giant snow ray.

Looks like Vonreg's TIE wreckage might have been used for skiff parts as well.

The snow ray is called a Jakoosk

I love that the pirates are using Vonreg's Ties remains for their equipment, wonder if we will keep seeing that as the show progresses.

Now why are they after it? Hunting it for food? Part of its body worth money?

20 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

I love that the pirates are using Vonreg's Ties remains for their equipment, wonder if we will keep seeing that as the show progresses.

On the surface, it's for food. But the pirates might have an alternative use for some part of it that we don't know about yet. If nothing else, the carapace could be pretty useful since it seemed to be invulnerable to ship blasters.

On 10/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, KiraYamatoSF said:

THat's not Vonreg's TIE. IT's just a painted red TIE Interceptor wing. Big difference, because the TIE/ba has curved- not angular wings.

I loved episode 3! Seeing the difference between racing pilots and two trained combat pilots was super fun! Also seeing Tam and Ruckland train with the FO was great. (Elijah Wood is one of my favorite VAs so I love getting more Ruckland. Also, seeing Kaz, a trained fighter pilot, actually be better than the Aces was nice.

zro-ca-001754_aeb014f2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1002

Looks like we were going to see the galleon in the hangar last ep, but that didn't happen.

zro-ca-001771_a11c3c97.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1386%2C1080

And yeah, that doesn't look like the wings on Vonreg's tie after all. Its difficult to tell if they were painted red, or if they were originally red and fading(royal guard TIE in canon?).

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark
22 hours ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

zro-ca-001754_aeb014f2.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1920%2C1002

Looks like we were going to see the galleon in the hangar last ep, but that didn't happen.

zro-ca-001771_a11c3c97.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1386%2C1080

And yeah, that doesn't look like the wings on Vonreg's tie after all. Its difficult to tell if they were painted red, or if they were originally red and fading(royal guard TIE in canon?).

No, don't try too hard there. I know we all want that, but look at the standard TIE wings, and the rest of the red paint on the ship. It's just been painted this way.

When the RGI is canon, you'll know.

I wonder who he will take that can use a blaster. A pirate, maybe? Griff?

54 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I wonder who he will take that can use a blaster. A pirate, maybe? Griff?

My guess is Synara. She does seem to be competent and her and Kaz seem to be developing a friendship.